Election 2016: Post Convention

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidate for POTUS do you plan to vote for?

• Clinton
    • Trump
    • Johnson
    • Stein

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people see the choice of Donald Trump as the Republican nominee as a disaster for the Republican Party. Maybe. That out of the chaos of 17 Republican candidates we get Trump because of a disconnect between the Republican base & the money-men is one thing.

But, for the entire Democratic political & cultural establishment to get together & choose Hillary as their only possible standard-bearer is a rot of an entirely more profound order.

The fact that within the Democratic Party the only faction that resisted Hillary’s spell was the space-cadet Left under Bernie Sanders just makes the total picture all the more horrifying.

Many people see the choice of Donald Trump as the Republican nominee as a disaster for the Republican Party. Maybe. That out of the chaos of 17 Republican candidates we get Trump because of a disconnect between the Republican base & the money-men is one thing.

But, for the entire Democratic political & cultural establishment to get together & choose Hillary as their only possible standard-bearer is a rot of an entirely more profound order.

The fact that within the Democrat Party the only faction that resisted Hillary’s spell was the space-cadet Left under Bernie Sanders just makes the total picture all the more horrifying.

Sander's wing is the future of the Democrat Party.

Conservatism lost in the Republican debates. There was no electable Conservative that gained any kind of traction. Romney probably would have won had he decided to run again. But he didn't, so instead of the gentleman businessman, we get the loose cannon businessman.

For those who continue to have the same problem as the media as to why a political lightweight with a tendency to speak before he thinks is still in this race,

I think that you are misreading the public mood after 8 years of George W. Bush followed by 8 years of Barack Hussein Obama.

The race is not really about Donald Trump...............................that's why he was able to outlast more qualified GOP candidates and may end up beating Hillary.

The country has had it up to here with Washington DC and the permanent "ruling class"

You elect a fake conservative like W. and the government continues to grow.

You elect a liberal, community organizer and the intrusion of government into everyone's lives explodes.

Trump is not the "leader", but the tool that people want to use to try and get some control back into their lives.

God Help Us.

Some hope for you guys, Trump is up by 6% in the latest LA Time poll :)

I don't think that's necessarily going to be greeted enthusiastically around here.

Can we update the choices to:

Clinton (Turd Sandwich)

Trump (Giant Douche)

Which guys?

I think there's maybe three Trump supporters here, and one is a certifiable Nazi who we'd all like to throw in front of a speeding train.

Actually I think there are probably more people here, that although not identified as Trump supporters, will be Trump voters rather than Clinton voters.

Actually I think there are probably more people here, that although not identified as Trump supporters, will be Trump voters rather than Clinton voters.

Yep - that's much more accurate. Motivation by a complete loathing of Hillary does not equate to "Trump supporter".

I dont know if I'll bother voting, but I'll be a Trump rooter. I mean seriously, Hillary Clinton? She's like some South Park devil spawn character. Someone please return her to Hell.

In other words...

:lol:

I dont know if I'll bother voting, but I'll be a Trump rooter. I mean seriously, Hillary Clinton? She's like some South Park devil spawn character. Someone please return her to Hell.

South Park devil spawn? You mean like a succubus?

Edited by Azalin

It's always about him................

President Barack Obama delivered an impassioned plea to the African-American community Saturday night to help stop Donald Trump, saying he would consider it a "personal insult" to his legacy if black voters didn't support Hillary Clinton.

Alternate headline:....Obama demands votes according to the color of one's skin.

Edited by B-Man

SCOTT ADAMS:

Do you remember way—-way—-way—back in July, when the public thought Trump was the candidate they couldn’t trust with the nuclear arsenal? That was before we realized he could moderate his personality on command, as he is doing now. We’re about to enter our fifth consecutive week of Trump doing more outreach than outrage.

It turns out that Trump’s base personality is “winning.” Everything else he does is designed to get that result. He needed to be loud and outrageous in the primaries, so he was. He needs to be presidential in this phase of the election cycle, so he is.

Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton has revealed herself to be frail, medicated, and probably duplicitous about her health. We also hear reports that she’s a drinker with a bad temper. Suddenly, Clinton looks like the unstable personality in this race. Who do you want controlling the nuclear arsenal now?

You probably thought Trump was the bigot in this contest, until Clinton called half of Trump’s supporters a “basket of deplorables.” That’s the point at which observers started to see a pattern. Trump has been consistently supportive of American citizens of all types – with the exception of the press and his political opponents. The main targets of Trump’s rhetoric are the nations that compete against us. In stark contrast, Clinton turned her hate on American citizens. That’s the real kind of hate. Trump is more about keeping America safe and competing effectively in the world. That is literally the job of president.

The presidential debate commission settled an early flashpoint when Clinton demanded a step-stool at the podium to add height to her 5'4" frame. Campaign Chairman John Podesta expressed concern that Hillary would be dwarfed by 6'2" Trump. The request was quickly rejected. The commission is allowing for a custom-made podium, which will accommodate the difference in stature.

Debate moderator Lester Holt does not have the authority to cut away from the stage during the epic 90-minute showdown. And microphone audio for either of the candidates is not to be manipulated.

"There are no commercial breaks," a commission source explains. "Period."

Clinton has experienced severe coughing episodes throughout the election year. During a Labor Day campaign stop she suffered a 4-minute choking marathon.

Monday's throwdown could top out at 100 million viewers, making it the biggest political event in history.