Rob Quinn Breaks Down the Rex Ryan Defense

Check the rankings my fellow bills brethren......last year was not the norm

The original content of this thread is good and informative and I don't see a reason to turn this into a Rex argument so this will be my last post in it. With that said John you are wrong. Rex's defenses have now been a 6 year running disaster. The rest of the league has figured him out and he has been unable to adjust.

Rob Quinn isn't the only one that breaks down the Rex defense. OC's all over the league have been doing it weekly for over half a decade.

LOL

I'm tellin' ya. And funny, none of the players could get a handle on the D, but so far this offseason a number media types know everything about it.

To say that something ain't linin' up here is to understate matters.

The original content of this thread is good and informative and I don't see a reason to turn this into a Rex argument so this will be my last post in it. With that said John you are wrong. Rex's defenses have now been a 6 year running disaster. The rest of the league has figured him out and he has been unable to adjust.

Your last post on this forum?

Rex's defenses have now been a 6 year running disaster. The rest of the league has figured him out and he has been unable to adjust.

That is supported by his average 20th ranking in scoring D over the last five seasons. Below average.

Check the rankings my fellow bills brethren......last year was not the norm

Why don't you provide them to make whatever point you desire to attempt to make.

His scoring D has ranked 20th (19.6th if you'd like to get technically detailed) over the last five seasons.

Bills ‘D’ strong in one area already

Buffalo’s defense certainly had its share of shortcomings in 2015, but there was one area where they were top 10 good.

ESPN Insider’s Aaron Schatz from Football Outsiders in previewing NFL defenses for 2016 looked at the sneaky strengths of the Bills defense in addition to the league’s other 31 clubs. Interestingly when it came to crunch time late in games, Buffalo’s defense was pretty darn good last season. Here was where they stood per Schatz.

This is like arguing with people to change their minds on the eve of an election. It's too late. Minds are already made up. We've all got our own views of Rex and at this point no additional rhetoric is going to change any thing.

This season will decide who's right and who's wrong. Until then, all arguments are just hot air.

the thing is, this video wasn't intended to "pump up" neither "bash" Rex. It was to explain concepts from some of the defensive fronts he used when he was first hired. There is no right or wrong in sports debates, which is what makes them so interestng. But, in this case, the video's sole purpose was to look at the various fronts, explain the responsibilies of the various players involved in an easy to digest video for a casual fan. As to the comment saying "Rob has it figured out and the players couldn't".. We're explaining different fronts and coverage shells. I don't think Preston Brown's struggles came from not knowing the front :D

This is like arguing with people to change their minds on the eve of an election. It's too late. Minds are already made up. We've all got our own views of Rex and at this point no additional rhetoric is going to change any thing.

This season will decide who's right and who's wrong. Until then, all arguments are just hot air.

I'd also add in, doing these with Rob as a guy that loves Rex's defense but also thinks he didn't do as much as he could with the talent he had - the checks are hard. I mention that towards the end of the video - the amount of late shifts and adjusting the defense has to do means the MLB/S and the line have to make calls. Too often those calls were late because the call in was late, which led to the scheme itself becoming moot.

the thing is, this video wasn't intended to "pump up" neither "bash" Rex. It was to explain concepts from some of the defensive fronts he used when he was first hired. There is no right or wrong in sports debates, which is what makes them so interestng. But, in this case, the video's sole purpose was to look at the various fronts, explain the responsibilies of the various players involved in an easy to digest video for a casual fan. As to the comment saying "Rob has it figured out and the players couldn't".. We're explaining different fronts and coverage shells. I don't think Preston Brown's struggles came from not knowing the front :D

I'd also add in, doing these with Rob as a guy that loves Rex's defense but also thinks he didn't do as much as he could with the talent he had - the checks are hard. I mention that towards the end of the video - the amount of late shifts and adjusting the defense has to do means the MLB/S and the line have to make calls. Too often those calls were late because the call in was late, which led to the scheme itself becoming moot.

absolutely. And to put it out there, I'm not Rex's biggest cheerleader :)

Pretty good summary of where we're at.