NFL Coaches Power Rankings

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000671714?campaign=tw-nf-sf30618812-sf30618812

14) Rex Ryan, Buffalo Bills

Ryan presents a conundrum: How do you weigh past success against present mediocrity? Ryan's teams have been middling for several years, after a fantastic start that saw the coach reach back-to-back AFC Championship Games with the New York Jets. Buffalo competed last year and could be playoff-bound in 2016. But that latter part won't happen unless Ryan is A) right about Tyrod Taylor and B) the D performs for him.

I say it is a perfect ranking for him, this year will be the tell all on his coaching.

I would agree. As much as I have been critical of Ryan, you can't judge someone on one year. He now has his own draft, and a second year with hopefully upgrades at some position coaches, and improved installment of his type of defense.

If all of these moves turns into an 11 win team with a much harder schedule ( yes I said a harder schedule- no one in their right mind is going to say the AFCS and NFCE is as good as the AFCN and NFCW), then he was the right hire.

I'm actually glad we have a tougher schedule because of we can rattle off 11 wins with this schedule, we will be battle tested for the playoffs.

That's too high right now IMO. I've said before that I've liked the Bills talent in recent years. I'd have the FO higher and coaching lower than 14. Thats why the Bills were roughly the 14th best team last year.

He gets credit for hiring a good OC, right or wrong. He's barely in the top half, I'd say a little lower is reasonable. He needs to address ST as well as his horrible defense. I think Tyrod is a better option at QB than Rex is as HC. We've seen plenty of Rex. But then, a good QB can make a good HC.