Video Breakdown: Greg Roman's Run Concepts

Great watch. I love Roman. I remember reading where one of the talking heads at TBN called his offense "antiquated." Well, I believe in zigging when everyone else is sagging in life and that philosophy has served me well. I think it will serve the Bills well too.

No doubt. I am finishing up a TT video breaking down his INTS and I was blown away at how teams had to adjust to our passing game bc of how good we were deep. Do we keep two safeties deep which leaves one less guy in the box vs run? Or do we stack the box and let the boys connect on bombs? Taylor looked better in the second half and that is as clear as day. U will see just in the pats games 1 to 2. He showed much more progress than I imagined.

This is the most exciting thing I've read in months.

Turner- all I can say is thank you. When you put together this kind of video analysis, you elevate all of our knowledge as to why we are so run heavy, amd why Rex chose Roman as his OC. Makes me a little nervous as to when he gets a HC job somewhere.

For now though, Roman is really taking advantage of our strength in our offensive players.

In those clips Felton was extremely effective, both in choosing the right man and executing the block. Due to Roman's complicated schemes, Baby Gronk is a long shot to make the team.

At the end of last I was in the camp with those wondering why Felton is on the roster.

2014 saw opposing DCs start to scheme to keep him in the pocket and key him on read options, regardless if he kept it or not. Teams literally took the free shot to hit him at every opportunity. That takes a toll. Kaepernick has been unable to hurt teams from the pocket and he has become easier to defend as a result. I'd worry about the same kind of thing happening to TT if we hadn't witnessed his ability to hurt teams from BOTH the pocket and on designed runs and rollouts. We started seeing Roman trust him more down the stretch because TT exhibited a grasp of the game that Colin Kaepernick has yet to show.

GO BILLS!!!

Roman will have to be aware of that, you can't put your QB in harm's way too often. I want to see a TT more comfortable within the offense and develop with Sammy that chemistry of understanding with just a look.

No doubt. I am finishing up a TT video breaking down his INTS and I was blown away at how teams had to adjust to our passing game bc of how good we were deep. Do we keep two safeties deep which leaves one less guy in the box vs run? Or do we stack the box and let the boys connect on bombs? Taylor looked better in the second half and that is as clear as day. U will see just in the pats games 1 to 2. He showed much more progress than I imagined.

Not only we were good deep but we were good deep to the sidelines against the extra defender. Roman and TT will now have to exploit the middle of the field, we saw some of that at the end of the year, we will see how that progress this year.

The bold further elevate my hope.

Roman will have to be aware of that, you can't put your QB in harm's way too often. I want to see a TT more comfortable within the offense and develop with Sammy that chemistry of understanding with just a look.

Not only we were good deep but we were good deep to the sidelines against the extra defender. Roman and TT will now have to exploit the middle of the field, we saw some of that at the end of the year, we will see how that progress this year.

Consider this an opportunity perhaps?

Exactly right. I cover some of that in the Tyrod video that is complete and will be released Monday.

I do 3/12. I have faith TT is going to take a nice step forward and expect to see Clay get media attn by week 4 when TT keeps hitting him over the middle in 2.1 seconds.

This offense could be very versatile this year. Miller should improve on the line, as well as Mills, and give Henderson time to get to be 100% healthy and football ready I hope by October or so.

It's funny as NE really beefed up in the middle of their defensive line watching what the Bills did in the run last year. Eric Wood better have eaten his sheathes this off-season as he will be tested. I don't worry about Incognito as he is one of the nastiest Guards in the league.

Is it September 11th yet?

I do 3/12. I have faith TT is going to take a nice step forward and expect to see Clay get media attn by week 4 when TT keeps hitting him over the middle in 2.1 seconds.

This offense could be very versatile this year. Miller should improve on the line, as well as Mills, and give Henderson time to get to be 100% healthy and football ready I hope by October or so.

It's funny as NE really beefed up in the middle of their defensive line watching what the Bills did in the run last year. Eric Wood better have eaten his sheathes this off-season as he will be tested. I don't worry about Incognito as he is one of the nastiest Guards in the league.

Is it September 11th yet?

I'm glad u mentioned the pats bc ur exactly right. The pats had all offseason to scheme on how to shut down the pin and pull sweep. They know we r going to have to run inside more hence they beefed up inside.

I'm glad u mentioned the pats bc ur exactly right. The pats had all offseason to scheme on how to shut down the pin and pull sweep. They know we r going to have to run inside more hence they beefed up inside.

Woods graded out pretty decent in the run game didn't he?

His weakness seemed to be the pass rush.

John Miller is one strong kid and also has very good run blocking potential.

Woods graded out pretty decent in the run game didn't he?

His weakness seemed to be the pass rush.

John Miller is one strong kid and also has very good run blocking potential.

Woods did, but he has trouble with big, wide DTs like Knighton

Chris hogan asssigned to block Muhammad Wilkerson... AKA "WORST idea ever". :lol:

Cool film breakdown. -Thanks!

Any receiver line up in the slot may be asked to do the same thing; it goes with the territory. And it's not like he is asked to drive block or use some other OLman technique. More like a seal to impede his progress. Not a bad idea at all actually.

GO BILLS!!!

Any receiver line up in the slot may be asked to do the same thing; it goes with the territory. And it's not like he is asked to drive block or use some other OLman technique. More like a seal to impede his progress. Not a bad idea at all actually.

GO BILLS!!!

Exactly, TEs and WRs in bunch sets typically have to down block on defenders to gain the edge for the RBs.

• 2 weeks later...