Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

60 minutes is doing a piece on the tulsa shooting. they chose to leave out the audio of the clip. the audio of the clip where the police are telling him to stop walking away, to stop and all of that. they also briefly only mentioned he was only high on PCP.

they're talking about hands up don't shoot. ok, that's totally a great idea - but that means you !@#$ing stop and put your hands up and do what the !@#$ police say. don't be a dumbass and just put your hands up and think it matters.

i'm hoping another year of only the media giving a !@#$ will make this disappear without the DOJ and president blowing it up.

Edited by Boyst62

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60 minutes is doing a piece on the tulsa shooting. they chose to leave out the audio of the clip. the audio of the clip where the police are telling him to stop walking away, to stop and all of that. they also briefly only mentioned he was only high on PCP.

they're talking about hands up don't shoot. ok, that's totally a great idea - but that means you !@#$ing stop and put your hands up and do what the !@#$ police say. don't be a dumbass and just put your hands up and think it matters.

i'm hoping another year of only the media giving a !@#$ will make this disappear without the DOJ and president blowing it up.

The thing that was pissing me off is that the interviewer was giving the cop the tough questions, and the sister of the deceased softball questions...............Finally, when she mentioned that she would get things on twitter about why didn't he comply, he said Well, what about that. She gave some total nonsense answer that didn't answer the question whatsoever, and of course he let's her skate with no followup...........And, she's going on about he committed no crime. His SUV was in the middle of the street, that's all...............Is that legal - to leave a car in the middle of the street running and abandoned? Blocking traffic.

This was one of the few where I thought the cop was really in the wrong. Until tonight. Now, I'm not so sure. WTF didn't the guy say a !@#$ing word. He just keeps heading to his car.............I saw some black guy post over and over on twitter tonight saying how it wasn't the guy's fault - he was high on PCP - and they often can't hear things.

The thing that was pissing me off is that the interviewer was giving the cop the tough questions, and the sister of the deceased softball questions...............Finally, when she mentioned that she would get things on twitter about why didn't he comply, he said Well, what about that. She gave some total nonsense answer that didn't answer the question whatsoever, and of course he let's her skate with no followup...........And, she's going on about he committed no crime. His SUV was in the middle of the street, that's all...............Is that legal - to leave a car in the middle of the street running and abandoned? Blocking traffic.

This was one of the few where I thought the cop was really in the wrong. Until tonight. Now, I'm not so sure. WTF didn't the guy say a !@#$ing word. He just keeps heading to his car.............I saw some black guy post over and over on twitter tonight saying how it wasn't the guy's fault - he was high on PCP - and they often can't hear things.

the pcp part has me at a pause because addiction is a serious problem. Did she recognize he was high? Did she recognize that he was not only a threat to them but obviously himself? Shooting him to defend herself I am 100% comfortable with if she was in fear for her life and I believe she was; though, she will be found guilty due to public pressure. But, if she said she was worried for his safety after recognizing he was high than I am unsatisfied.

This is not as simple as little tray tray or Michael brown. Those were obvious assaults. This is positioned much more differently and after Al the footage is to be released in the trial we will see.

But, that interview was horrible. Letting her open endedly finish the interview by saying she is a victim is just sloppy. Brushing over details about threats to her and her family, she has been unemployed for a year, etc is important. If they would have simply mentioned she is not guilty of a crime yet or stopped the sister from saying her brother was murdered I'd be much more satisfied with that piece being journalism.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We continue to harvest the spoiled fruit of the Obama Judicial policies

San Francisco Transit Refuses to Release Robbery Videos Over Fears of Racism

Political correctness > safety.

BARTCrimes-620x436.jpg

The Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) authority has decided not to release surveillance videos of robberies occurring at BART stations for fear they videos might incite racism.

People have begun to fear for their safety due to the numerous crimes, but fears of stereotyping have taken priority with BART officials.

(more…)

We continue to harvest the spoiled fruit of the Obama Judicial policies

San Francisco Transit Refuses to Release Robbery Videos Over Fears of Racism

Political correctness > safety.

BARTCrimes-620x436.jpg

The Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) authority has decided not to release surveillance videos of robberies occurring at BART stations for fear they videos might incite racism.

People have begun to fear for their safety due to the numerous crimes, but fears of stereotyping have taken priority with BART officials.

(more…)

Personally, I am biased against anyone wearing a backwards 'ball cap and sunglasses.

Also, why is a guy with a bike on a train? Doesn't he already have transportation? looks suspicious.

Edited by unbillievable

FTA:

The officer who fired his weapon has been identified as Mohamed Noor, who is a Somali-American, a law enforcement source confirmed to CBS News. His attorney, Tom Plunkett, released a statement to the station saying: "We take this seriously with great compassion for all persons who are being touched by this."

According to a city newsletter, Noor joined the police department in March 2015.

According to several eyewitnesses, Damond, in her pajamas, approached the responding police car and was standing at the driver's window when Noor, who was in the passenger seat, shot her through the driver's side door.

Neighbor Joan Hargrave called the killing "an execution" and said there was no reason for a well-trained officer to see Damond as a threat.

"This is a tragedy - that someone who's asking for help would call the police and get shot by the police," Hargrave said.

Officials said the officers' body cameras were not turned on and that a squad car camera did not capture the shooting. Investigators were still trying to determine whether other video exists.

It's not clear why the officers' body cameras were not turned on.

Also, from Powerline -- based in Minnesota

A POLICE SHOOTING WITH A DIFFERENCE

FTA:

By contrast with his performance in the Castile case, Governor Dayton has maintained his silence. One can only speculate why. Perhaps the governor regrets his performance in that case. Perhaps there is something different about this case.

In this case there is no heartbreaking video. In this case, moreover, the officer involved is black and the shooting victim is white. Indeed, as of March 2015, Officer Noor is the first Somali officer on the Minneapolis police force. I take it there will be no rush to judgment in this case and that we will be spared the disruptive protests featured in the Castile case. We may have to be grateful for small mercies.

I reached out to a trusted law enforcement source for any insight he might be able to offer. He responds: “My first thought was that it was accidental, but rumor has it [Officer Noor is] denying that it was a negligent discharge.” He adds: “If there aren’t some sort of mitigating circumstances, and I’m struggling to imagine what they could be, this may be the most egregious police shooting in my lifetime if not longer…But not many facts are known at this point and it’s hard to pass judgement before knowing more than what’s being leaked to the media.”

They are busy making jokes at the lady's expense. All the kooks on Facebook are hoping the cop walks.

Of course, because if he gets charged and convicted then it would be another sign of the racism in the criminal justice system. The facts are scarce right now, but as I said before...scary. Hopefully, we learn more. ..but without the societal outrage and pressure, I doubt much more will be released.

Of course, because if he gets charged and convicted then it would be another sign of the racism in the criminal justice system. The facts are scarce right now, but as I said before...scary. Hopefully, we learn more. ..but without the societal outrage and pressure, I doubt much more will be released.

Dark alley , paranoid about police being targeted , loud noise , it's a tragedy that was bound to happen.

What a very sad case