One Last Look, Please...

Three guys... One LAST look before we cast them into the seas of forgetfulness forever...

1. Tajh Boyd. - Not convinced that this guy couldn't play... Surely he could be a competitive camp arm (if in shape).. -Compete for a third spot after EJ is cut, or traded? Didn't do much up in Canada but he sure looked great (at times) during his Clemson career... Just an INVITE, people. -Please.

2. Devin Gardner - The 6'4" former QB/WR made some nice plays at both positions while at Big Blue... You're telling me NOBODY could find a place for this guy? -Not even on a practice squad? We still need a big RZ Target, so how about it? -Just a tryout, for crying out loud..

3. Austin Pettis - Now this kid I LIKED... 6'3" 205lbs... Stud wideout at Boise State.... 39TD's .... Really dominant kid... One last peek... Is there any hope for this at all?

Three guys... One LAST look before we cast them into the seas of forgetfulness forever...

1. Tajh Boyd. - Not convinced that this guy couldn't play... Surely he could be a competitive camp arm (if in shape).. -Compete for a third spot after EJ is cut, or traded? Didn't do much up in Canada but he sure looked great (at times) during his Clemson career... Just an INVITE, people. -Please.

Boyd is the only player I really watched play in college. The ability to catch his scattershot throws at Clemson really spoke well of Watkins. In college a QB can get away with poor accuracy if he's in the right system and has the right talent around him, but that doesn't fly in the NFL. His outside chance in the NFL was to be able to fix his mechanics and dial in his accuracy. That's a tough thing to do and it's rare to see happen so it's no surprise that Boyd couldn't get there.

I'd like to see the Bills move on from EJ, but they need someone competent to take his place. Boyd isn't that guy. He's not even worthy of a roster spot.

Have you at least given up on the idea that Brad Smith throwing to Brandon Kauffman was the way to make the play-offs now?

:lol: -NEVER!

Boyd is the only player I really watched play in college. The ability to catch his scattershot throws at Clemson really spoke well of Watkins. In college a QB can get away with poor accuracy if he's in the right system and has the right talent around him, but that doesn't fly in the NFL. His outside chance in the NFL was to be able to fix his mechanics and dial in his accuracy. That's a tough thing to do and it's rare to see happen so it's no surprise that Boyd couldn't get there.

I'd like to see the Bills move on from EJ, but they need someone competent to take his place. Boyd isn't that guy. He's not even worthy of a roster spot.

Fair enough.

Boyd was throwing to a hall of fame level receiver so his stats were inflated. I think Dez deserves a shot over Gardner and Pettis who is old for a receiver

TBH, I was never a Boyd-backer... for the '14 draft I vasciilated between CJ Moseley, and Davante Adams... While Tajh was never "my guy", I thought he had back-up potential... I was surprised to see him out of the league so soon.

Pettis is 28 going on 29... Not too old in my book, but I see your point... Dez has the size, but lacks the B_lls to be a dominant receiver... Hard to coach that sort of thing... At BSU Pettis was tough, highly athletic, and didnt seem to mind suicide missions over the middle... Not one of my top five for that draft, but again, I was surprised to see him teamless so soon.

TBH, I was never a Boyd-backer... for the '14 draft I vasciilated between CJ Moseley, and Davante Adams... While Tajh was never "my guy", I thought he had back-up potential... I was surprised to see him out of the league so soon.

Pettis is 28 going on 29... Not too old in my book, but I see your point... Dez has the size, but lacks the B_lls to be a dominant receiver... Hard to coach that sort of thing... At BSU Pettis was tough, highly athletic, and didnt seem to mind suicide missions over the middle... Not one of my top five for that draft, but again, I was surprised to see him teamless so soon.

I liked Pettis at Boise but he was not highly athletic, that was the question with how he would transition. Great hands and possession guy

I liked Pettis at Boise but he was not highly athletic, that was the question with how he would transition. Great hands and possession guy

Yah, agree to disagree on that one... You have to be an athlete to make some of the catches I saw him make... Guy had a knack for getting separation... but hey, I'll take a hands and position guy, if he can still do it.

I think Boyd's limitations were masked by Sammy in college, as they ran such a rediculous percentage of routes of 5 yards or less (outs, slants, screens) to him, because they wanted the ball in the hands of their best player (Watkins) and we're relying on one of their worst starters to get it to him, so deep patterns were inaccurate and therefore ineffective, so they got the ball in Sammy's hands early, and let him shake a guy or two to get his 15-20 yards, instead of trying to get the ball on-the-fly for 15-20 yards, a less reliable proposition.