NFL Network - SB Classics - you know which one..

Did anybody catch this last night? I haven't watched the live broadcast of this game since 1991 when I was 13 years old.

Al Michaels nailed it with his last thought before kickoff...the key to the Bills victory was Thurman. Too bad Kelly didn't realize this, as Thomas only got 21 touches. It should have been a 30 carry 200 yard game for him.

The Bills started off shaky on defense, but after the first two possessions for the Giants, who probably should've gotten more than 3 points, the Bills gained all the momentum and commanded a 10-3 lead.

At that point, Andre Reed dropped three straight passes, one in 3rd & 1. Forget the safety that made it 12-3. The Bills we absolutely marching out to a 17-3 lead. Again, Micahels realized that that type of score would have made it virtually impossible for the Giants to come back from. At 17-3, the Giants' offense would have abandoned the run, amd clock control, and the Bills pass rush would have knocked Hostetler out of the game. The Bills' offense would have piled on, and a 37-10 blowout was right there for the taking.

As bad as Kelly's play calling and play got with a 12-3 lead, Reed's drops ruined the game for Buffalo. He was praised for his toughness over the middle, but simply didn't want to get hit anymore in the biggest game in franchise history. Tough pill to swallow. After the drops, the Giants scored a TD to make it 12-10 just before the half, and probably broke the backs, and hearts, of the Bills. The game was lost by the Bills in the first half, and won by the Giants in the second half.

I apologize for bringing up this game again, but it was interesting to see the original broadcast for the first time in my adult life.

The sack/safety in the end zone was so dam close to being a fumble... But of course it would have pry rolled out of the end zone or something. I was 30 and even now at 56 I still remember that game even though I had a **** load of beer in me that night.

The sack/safety in the end zone was so dam close to being a fumble... But of course it would have pry rolled out of the end zone or something. I was 30 and even now at 56 I still remember that game even though I had a **** load of beer in me that night.

We're the same age, and I may have topped your beer count. We had a gathering at our house, and one of my wife's co-workers started the night by saying "so, who are we all for?". My wife explained this was not something we were mildly curious about, and we were a BILLS household. Her friend Lisa then decided to become a very vocal NJ Giants fans. I'm 6'1" and Lisa was about my size. I would have used that as a defense had I given in to the urge to break her jaw. Never hit a woman....but that was close.

We're the same age, and I may have topped your beer count. We had a gathering at our house, and one of my wife's co-workers started the night by saying "so, who are we all for?". My wife explained this was not something we were mildly curious about, and we were a BILLS household. Her friend Lisa then decided to become a very vocal NJ Giants fans. I'm 6'1" and Lisa was about my size. I would have used that as a defense had I given in to the urge to break her jaw. Never hit a woman....but that was close.

Augie thats hilarious! But I do understand. I think I ended up that night more stunned then pissed. The next game I was fing pissed.

So true about Reed. For all the talk about his bravery, he wanted nothing to do with the Giants D. Carl Banks almost broke him in half in the 1st half. Guyton, Collins, and the rest of the back 7 mauled him all night. Lofton with 1 catch and Al Edwards dropped a few too. Wonder how Beebe would have faired. Anyway, this one was on the D. Other than the safety, Jumbo opened Bruce. Oh yeah, learn how to tackle boys.

Try being married to that women. As my girlfriend, she rooted for Baltimore in a pro San Francisco household...my best frien'ds annual Super Bowl party. I had to calm her ass down real quick, and she was acting dumb and claiming she was gonna root for whoever she wanted to. A Bears fan, not a Ravens fan at all.

What did Chris Rock say about uncle Juice... I wouldn't have done it, but I understand.

I was in Desert Storm during this Super Bowl. I couldn't watch it then and haven't watched it since. Not into self-flagellation.

Feel the pain. Make it real. Accept disaster. Make it easier to sleep at night.

Maybe there should be a showing at The Ralph. How many people would seriously show up?