Police Shamelessly cite Terrorism in Patrolling Private Lots

Fingon

Maybe it's because I'm tired and beat from working 16 hours. Are you implying that the Sheriffs aren't interested in policing the lots? And that homeland security will be the ones tasked with this? If that's what your saying, I could argue both ways about it.

1. The Sheriffs absolutely would love to take on the task of working private lots in the name of counter terrorism. It's a days worth of overtime for sitting there watching drunk idiots. Which is unlikely because sheriffs aren't really equipped for counter terrorism.

2. Homeland security would be on board with the same thing.

3. If homeland security is the department takes with this whole thing, why is anyone worried about their private lot parties being broken up by law enforcement? Homeland security won't be going around arresting people for drunken powerbombing some other drunk idiot through a flaming table. Thy will stand there and collect their double time and make sure nobody pulls out a sleeping and gets stupid.

Again, maybe your argument is over my head. Maybe it's because I'm freaking beat. But I just don't see either as being an issue.

Was kind of joking when I mentioned Homeland Security. Who knows if they would be equipped either. Based on last night's meeting and via Hammer, there could be up to 500 residential lots who park cars. I don't know if the Sheriffs will want anything to do with this. When I say Sheriffs, I mean the top decision makers. Of course, the rank and file will want to suck up the OT.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again, without being there you have no idea what the situation looked like. For all you know he could have made a sudden move to give the cop an impression he was reaching for his weapon. You don't know. And just because the guy doesn't have a criminal record and is a liscensed gun owner doesn't make him a saint. It might just mean he's never been caught. But that doesn't seem to be the case in this situation or so we are expected to believe. But the cop wouldn't know that within 1 minute of a traffic stop would he.

If he was shot for reaching for his ID then it's a rough day for everyone involved. But too many times police advise someone on something to do, for everyone's safety; and people refuse to listen. I'm not saying this is the case here. But nobody knows at this point.

The cop says he was scared for his life, the woman says he was an innocent man reaching for his wallet. When you become a cop and are judged on a 1 second decision, for yours and everyone else's life around you, I'll respect your opinion on the matter. Until then, go back to doing office work or flipping burgers or whatever the hell it is that you do.

There. Now I'm done.

You took sides on this one quickly

way to insult Billschinatown for presenting a case in point. Happens every day that way too.

When it come to personal liberties, we all get a little wound up.

I think it is just natural to do so.

lt can quickly become an emotional defense though. None of us are immune to something as important as our rights as individuals.

Civilized society wants dialogue on this matter.

stay open minded until a consensus is reached. Almost everyone offers some compromise for the good of the whole.

And no one should accept an edict handed down from some concrete mountain top.

Was kind of joking when I mentioned Homeland Security. Who knows if they would be equipped either. Based on last night's meeting and via Hammer, there could be up to 500 residential lots who park cars. I don't know if the Sheriffs will want anything to do with this. When I say Sheriffs, I mean the top decision makers. Of course, the rank and file will want to suck up the OT.

I don't think that's a fair opinion either.

Look, if you aren't breaking the law who cares if the law comes looking around. This is not like they are coming into your house behind closed doors. This is them looking around a tailgate site where people are mixing together in a public setting. All for keeping the rest of us a little safer. It's going to happen, just a matter of when and where. There will be an incident similar to the airport attacks at a sporting event on American soil. I hope and pray not, but people will try. Why not help our law enforcement stop it?

As funny as the videos are and all, Bills tailgates could use a little hall monitoring. Some of the people at them are there just to get drunk. They couldn't tell you 5 players that are on the current team.

"breaking the law" is a very vague concept here. What laws are we applying in a game day/tailgate context? Maybe some underage drinking? I don't think there is a law saying I can't have a few beers and jump off my car onto a table in my yard? Even do some bat spins if it doesn't hurt anybody else. I don't recommend it, but is that really illegal? Or disorderly? It's disorderly because the NFL wants to have their cake and eat it too. If I do it on a Sunday in May, it's not disorderly. They promote tailgating and take millions of dollars in advertising money from beer companies (and get $10 a beer inside) and now want to push law enforcement into private lots because they have a PR problem on their hands as the people doing it are wearing their teams jerseys and it ends up on social media. Oh, which they sell for $100. If I didn't live a block from the stadium, you probably wouldn't see me on game day. I can honestly say that in 14 years, I've seen a major decrease in the amount of drinking that goes on game day, for the better. 10 years ago I would have people in my yard until 10pm. Now everyone is gone by 6:30. But on the other hand, you can't police everything people do in a free society and always have it fall under the guise of safety.

Edited by Abbott Rd Joe

"breaking the law" is a very vague concept here. What laws are we applying in a game day/tailgate context? Maybe some underage drinking? I don't think there is a law saying I can't have a few beers and jump off my car onto a table in my yard? Even do some bat spins if it doesn't hurt anybody else. I don't recommend it, but is that really illegal? Or disorderly? It's disorderly because the NFL wants to have their cake and eat it too. If I do it on a Sunday in May, it's not disorderly. They promote tailgating and take millions of dollars in advertising money from beer companies (and get $10 a beer inside) and now want to push law enforcement into private lots because they have a PR problem on their hands as the people doing it are wearing their teams jerseys and it ends up on social media. Oh, which they sell for $100. If I didn't live a block from the stadium, you probably wouldn't see me on game day. I can honestly say that in 14 years, I've seen a major decrease in the amount of drinking that goes on game day, for the better. 10 years ago I would have people in my yard until 10pm. Now everyone is gone by 6:30. But on the other hand, you can't police everything people do in a free society and always have it fall under the guise of safety.

: )

You took sides on this one quickly

way to insult Billschinatown for presenting a case in point. Happens every day that way too.

When it come to personal liberties, we all get a little wound up.

I think it is just natural to do so.

lt can quickly become an emotional defense though. None of us are immune to something as important as our rights as individuals.

Civilized society wants dialogue on this matter.

stay open minded until a consensus is reached. Almost everyone offers some compromise for the good of the whole.

And no one should accept an edict handed down from some concrete mountain top.

I don't think that's a fair opinion either.

Who knows if that's fair??? I'd just like to hear from law enforcement leadership as the dialogue continues.

Edited by Abbott Rd Joe

Who knows if that's fair??? I'd just like to hear from law enforcement leadership as the dialogue continues.

Joe i like to hear all opinions actually.

But personal bias is easy to spot.

Do you feel i am over critical here?

Because this is an issue that affects you and Hammered directly and me not at all. I speak conceptually at best.

Joe i like to hear all opinions actually.

But personal bias is easy to spot.

Do you feel i am over critical here?

Because this is an issue that affects you and Hammered directly and me not at all. I speak conceptually at best.

No don't find you over critical. Speaking conceptually is ok too. Civilized debate/discussion is a good thing anywhere.

It is what it is. Keep up the good work super civilian. I'll go back to flipping burgers in my cublice; or as you would call it the less important work. Thanks comrade.

One thing I noticed is why did the video girl not reach over and try to stop the bleeding from her boy friend wounds ?

This is the scariest premise since seat belts were rammed down our throats. You can disguise everything in the name of safety. Our personal freedoms are doomed. Might as well strap a go pro to my head and jam a gps up my ass now and get it over with. Big brother is watching.