Bills 2016 Minicamp: June 14 - 16

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JoeBuscaglia

Of all the #Bills WRs vying for playing time, second-year player Dez Lewis was tops this offseason to Rex Ryan: https://t.co/QsMNLHfCpB

@SalSports

WR depth may be separating as Bills wrap-up 3-day minicamp (all your Thursday notes and observations included here): http://www.wgr550.com/WR-depth-may-be-separating-as-Bills-wrap-up-3-day-/22780592

@JoeBuscaglia

Of all the #Bills WRs vying for playing time, second-year player Dez Lewis was tops this offseason to Rex Ryan: https://t.co/QsMNLHfCpB

@SalSports

WR depth may be separating as Bills wrap-up 3-day minicamp (all your Thursday notes and observations included here): http://www.wgr550.com/WR-depth-may-be-separating-as-Bills-wrap-up-3-day-/22780592

I am REALLY hoping Dez Lewis becomes that third guy.....just something to be said about grooming your own drafted players.....you have them under contract for less......you dont have to hit free agency as hard.

@jmccoyphoto

Rex Ryan, Kim and Terry Pegula, and Doug Whaley check out the Buffalo Bills mandatory minicamp

Buffalo Bills

Will Stephon Gilmore be a willing participant? Rex Ryan has seen underpaid cornerbacks go down with phantom hamstring injuries in an effort to get their point across. Gilmore was a higher pick than Darrelle Revis and played better than Revis did a year ago. He could very likely meet or top Josh Norman's recent five-year deal in Washington, but for now he plays the waiting game.

Rex talking to Kim and Terry talking to Doug; interesting how they divide duties.

Have seen overpaid cornerbacks do same thing as well; I think they used some of their bonus money on acting lessons rather than paying for additional physical training like linemen do.

Edited by Koolaid

@JoeBuscaglia
Seymour stands out in yet another way, and things get heated again. My 7 observations from Day 3 of #Bills minicamp: https://t.co/cTNrI7d1xh

1) Many veteran players unavailable Thursday

2) Without Clay, the top unit TEs?

3) Seymour shows some kick returning chops

4) Things get heated for the second straight day

5) An early look at special teams contributors

6) EJ’s hard count is back

7) Tryout offensive line struggles mightily

Chris Brown: Woods "most explosive I've seen him" (15:04)

Chris Brown joined The John Murphy Show to recap the team's mandatory minicamp, give his thoughts on who stood out on both sides of the ball, and to weigh-in on possible contract extensions for Stephon Gilmore and Tyrod Taylor.

What we learned about the Bills in offseason practices

woods-what-we-learned-story.jpg

From Robert Woods resurgence to the budding Brown-Ragland tandem in the middle of Buffalo's defense there are some interesting things we now know about the 2016 version of the Bills.

@theMMQB

.@RobertKlemko’s 10 Things: The All-Minicamp Hype Team, Wilkerson’s contract dilemma, Monroe’s gripe with Ravens: https://t.co/nJANDqtgiJ

WR: Dezmin Lewis, Bills — “For my money, Dez Lewis is the guy that stood out,” says Rex Ryan.

LB: Preston Brown, Bills — “Gonna be a star,” says Bills assistant coach Rob Ryan.

CB: Leodis McKelvin, Eagles — “The guy that's really stood out the most to me,” says Doug Pederson.

Sounds like TT is progressing well.

The more Gilmore sits the more likely he ends up missing time with an injury to start the season IMO

Woods is healthy and looking explosive....just in time for his contract year. Meh, use him up this year then because he's as good as gone if he has a good year.

Really hope Shady doesn't end up with little nagging injuries all year again.

Sounds like TT is progressing well.

The more Gilmore sits the more likely he ends up missing time with an injury to start the season IMO

Woods is healthy and looking explosive....just in time for his contract year. Meh, use him up this year then because he's as good as gone if he has a good year.

Really hope Shady doesn't end up with little nagging injuries all year again.

Gilmore is recovering from injury and that is why he has not been practicing.

training camp will be a different story of course.

Shady is going to be used sparingly. In camp and then it was announced by Coach Lynn he would not be used in goal line formations during the season. ( that might be some BS though )

I am not so sure Woods is gone next year.

Likely ? Depends on this season methinks.

But you are probably right. Someone will pay him if he has a good year.

Gilmore is recovering from injury and that is why he has not been practicing.

training camp will be a different story of course.

Shady is going to be used sparingly. In camp and then it was announced by Coach Lynn he would not be used in goal line formations during the season. ( that might be some BS though )

I am not so sure Woods is gone next year.

Likely ? Depends on this season methinks.

But you are probably right. Someone will pay him if he has a good year.

I just think Gilmore will be susceptible to soft tissue injuries like hammys and quads because of his lack of football work. I understand his position, I just wish there was a way for the player to play while these things get worked out by other people.

^

Shady was nicked from the beginning, he had an ok year considering and I like the group as a whole but i'd love to see Shady return to form and bring 1500-1600 yards while the others fight for scraps or feel compelled to score every time they get the ball because they don't know when they'll get it again. I might be asking alot but the man does have that type of ability WHEN healthy.

Winners and losers of final minicamp week
After 24 minicamps this week, teams escaped their facilities this week and won't be back until late July. Before we all downshift, let's take a look at some of the winners and losers from this week

Winners

Rex Ryan's undying optimism: If this is Rex Ryan's final season as an NFL head coach, then he's going out his way. Only Rex could declare his team the winners of the offseason after watching his No. 1 receiver Sammy Watkins undergo offseason foot surgery and seeing his first-round pick Shaq Lawson undergo shoulder surgery that could keep him out for most of the season.

Throw in Karlos Williams' pregnancy-related conditioning problems and LeSean McCoy's nagging injuries, and there has been plenty of reason for consternation in Buffalo this offseason. But not for Rex.

Rex gives the media plenty of fodder, but the need to turn nothing into something is the gift that keeps on giving.