Tragic news for The Hip, last tour...

ricojes

First time I've seen a group use a TelePrompTer. I wonder how many others do.

My wife works with a lot of patients with neurological disorders. With the tumor in his brain, she said it's possible he has memory issues, thus the need for the prompter. And he had a craniotomy earlier this year, hence the big hats.

An amazing show regardless. Hell of a high note to go out on.

What a nightmare. Glad I stayed home for it. Feel so bad for those who had a once in a lifetime event ruined. Might want to make sure the sound levels are good, huh guys? That would be like job #1

Edited by gomper

I was wondering how they were going to pull off this show at Larkinville. Apparently, they didn't. Total fail:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Buffalo/comments/4yuuxr/how_bad_was_the_cbw_larkinville_hip_screening/

What a nightmare. Glad I stayed home for it. Feel so bad for those who had a once in a lifetime event ruined. Might want to make sure the sound levels are good, huh guys? That would be like job #1

We did L Ville. Any bashing of Larkin and CBW is well deserved. The 90's called, they want their projection TV's back. None to little sound the first hour. Sound guy should be SHOT! The big screen in back was taken down BEFORE the band's what, 45 minute encore. Three people serving beer, and for a micro brewery, arguably the worst beer I ever had. Took forever to get in too. A lot of people outside as concert started

Initially they were donating the admissions minus their costs. Then after FB anger blew up on them, they went to all admissions, later after more pressure, they are at least saying they will donate beer proceeds too. I hope they live up to that

We did L Ville. Any bashing of Larkin and CBW is well deserved. The 90's called, they want their projection TV's back. None to little sound the first hour. Sound guy should be SHOT! The big screen in back was taken down BEFORE the band's what, 45 minute encore. Three people serving beer, and for a micro brewery, arguably the worst beer I ever had. Took forever to get in too. A lot of people outside as concert started

Initially they were donating the admissions minus their costs. Then after FB anger blew up on them, they went to all admissions, later after more pressure, they are at least sa

Lying they will donate beer proceeds too. I hope they live up to that

I'm not a fan of that group of people. They seem cocky, "hey, no issues", but they ultimately are lazy. This was the only time a Hip fan would truly get to experience the communal feeling of that last show. No watching later on DVD compares......Otherwise, these 3000 or more would have stayed at home to watch.

And, the comments on FB go with people genuinely pissed off that this JV effort that was billed as so much more ruined something that can not be gotten back...........And, others complain that they're all a bunch of whiners.

This guy in particular annoys me. He keeps saying unlike everybody complaining, he's not self centered. And:

Michael Davis That was the plan to begin with....it was a benefit event, not a commercial one.

About now donating the money. Even in the face of people with tickets saying the tickets says "a portion."...........If it was a benefit event, it should be charged the same, enjoy a night of charity, etc. But, not on the night of the last concert and billed to be the community getting together. This WAS a commercial event!

And, the line he's saying, being repeated on twitter, etc. goes something like you crybabies are butt hurt over a night out, how do you think Gord feels about having brain cancer.............Like that is any excuse for incompetence and !@#$ing up a major night for many people.

I'm not a fan of that group of people. They seem cocky, "hey, no issues", but they ultimately are lazy. This was the only time a Hip fan would truly get to experience the communal feeling of that last show. No watching later on DVD compares......Otherwise, these 3000 or more would have stayed at home to watch.

And, the comments on FB go with people genuinely pissed off that this JV effort that was billed as so much more ruined something that can not be gotten back...........And, others complain that they're all a bunch of whiners.

This guy in particular annoys me. He keeps saying unlike everybody complaining, he's not self centered. And:

Michael Davis That was the plan to begin with....it was a benefit event, not a commercial one.

About now donating the money. Even in the face of people with tickets saying the tickets says "a portion."...........If it was a benefit event, it should be charged the same, enjoy a night of charity, etc. But, not on the night of the last concert and billed to be the community getting together. This WAS a commercial event!

And, the line he's saying, being repeated on twitter, etc. goes something like you crybabies are butt hurt over a night out, how do you think Gord feels about having brain cancer.............Like that is any excuse for incompetence and !@#$ing up a major night for many people.

+1000. My heart goes out to all that suffered through that train wreck. Everything I heard from those who were in attendance said it was a complete fail. Let's see if they make good on it.

I thought they started off slow. He was just yelling for those first songs. Then when they played their new material and finished with the song Machine, I felt they found themselves for the rest of the show.

Epic song for me was GRACE TOO, NAUTICAL DISASTER and LOCKED IN THE TRUNK

Edited by PO16FFS