Corey Knox would "die" for another chance to play for Bills

Reading the articles about Corey, I'm not inspired to crack jokes. I'm just inspired. I really hope the Bills give the kid a shot.

Incredible passion. How can you not root for this kid?

Maybe i am just an Old softie.

Give him a shot. let him work out with the Bills and get closure and or a dream realized

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Weo. I just read the piece on him today, and why not? One day when in Pads as he is a fullback so you can only evaluate if they are in Pads.

If for no other reason, the marketing suits can pump up his local boy tryout and see if he can outperform Little Gronk, and Felton.

Reading the articles about Corey, I'm not inspired to crack jokes. I'm just inspired. I really hope the Bills give the kid a shot.

Incredible passion. How can you not root for this kid?

Maybe i am just an Old softie.

Give him a shot. let him work out with the Bills and get closure and or a dream realized

Maybe I'm a bit overly cynical (OK, I am overly cynical), but to me this guy acts a little like a stalker. He reminds me of some of the contestants on American Idol (don't judge me...) who whine, and cry, and plead with the judges that "music is my life," and then in their interview we find out they sell used cars, or something. If music truly was their life, they'd be performing in coffee shops, selling their CDs on the street, Soundclouding their mp3s, playing in subway tunnels with a coffee can in front of them-- whatever it takes to actually make music their lives. This guy should be trying out for the CFL, Arena Football League, or any of the other surprisingly numerous indoor, or semi-professional leagues-- not standing out in front of the OBD with a cardboard sign.

So, this guy is passionate about football? No he isn't. He's passionate about "his dream," and his dream is to be a Bill, not a football player. And, dreams don't come true by begging. They happen with hard work. Two hours with a cardboard sign is not hard work. Almost nobody gets to step off the street and into their dream job, unless they are really, really, really good AND lucky.

If Rex and the FO feel like milking some press by giving this guy another shot, and they don't mind people hanging around their offices with cardboard signs, then great. If he makes the team, I will respect him for his talent, not his ability to brave the cold with a cardboard sign.

Edited by Rocky Landing

Maybe I'm a bit overly cynical (OK, I am overly cynical), but to me this guy acts a little like a stalker. He reminds me of some of the contestants on American Idol (don't judge me...) who whine, and cry, and plead with the judges that "music is my life," and then in their interview we find out they sell used cars, or something. If music truly was their life, they'd be performing in coffee shops, selling their CDs on the street, Soundclouding their mp3s, playing in subway tunnels with a coffee can in from of them-- whatever it takes to actually make music their lives. This guy should be trying out for the CFL, Arena Football League, or any of the other surprisingly numerous indoor, or semi-professional leagues-- not standing out in front of the OBD with a cardboard sign.

So, this guy is passionate about football? No he isn't. He's passionate about "his dream," and his dream is to be a Bill, not a football player. And, dreams don't come true by begging. They happen with hard work. Two hours with a cardboard sign is not hard work. Almost nobody gets to step off the street and into their dream job, unless they are really, really, really good AND lucky.

If Rex and the FO feel like milking some press by giving this guy another shot, and they don't mind people hanging around their offices with cardboard signs, then great. If he makes the team, I will respect him for his talent, not his ability to brave the cold with a cardboard sign.

Thats why i mentioned closure.

just bring him in the building, let him in the weight room. With the bigs dogs, to observe. reality may set in or he will showcase how well he has trained.

send him home with an Official NFL Jersey.

That is what Brandon would do

Thats why i mentioned closure.

just bring him in the building, let him in the weight room. With the bigs dogs, to observe. reality may set in or he will showcase how well he has trained.

send him home with an Official NFL Jersey.

That is what Brandon would do

I agree. The only downside is that if they give him a tryout they will be getting every weekend jock who thinks that they might have a shot stalking them for the next two years.

Dude is passionate about football. People on TBD forums are as well. Look in the mirror before calling him a loon. If a TBD poster had well above athletic skills, they would be this guy.

The undertone of the article was football is as healthy as ever. It ain't going away anytime soon:

Money quote.

I know I would.

The way Knox views it, we’re all going to be creaky, hurting and dead one day. Might as well reach this inevitability doing something he loves. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I agree. The only downside is that if they give him a tryout they will be getting every weekend jock who thinks that they might have a shot stalking them for the next two years.

That was my concern too. But he was already in the building once before Rex brought his "guys" in.

Maybe he does deserve another look. maybe he just sucked. I don't know that.

With the passion Knox has, he could do the other leagues route to earn some $, or try to get into coaching. Some former players can get in to Grad Asst coaching spots at major universities. Not everyone has the physical gifts to be in the NFL.