The Johnson Thread

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder how many of the Clinton and Trump supporters even know who Gary Johnson or Jill Stein are

I suspect most of the regulars here know that I've been feeling the Johnson for some time :P so it will come as no surprise that I think he should be invited to the debates. But I also think Stein should be invited as well. While not a fan of her point of view, she should be heard.

The four of them on stage at the same time would confuse most Americans who were not previously aware they have more options than Trump or Hiliary

• 2 weeks later...

It's obscene that he didn't qualify for the debate. Hope enough people got disgusted last night that it pushes Johnson above 15%

He's stuck sub 10. I like him but he couldn't do a lot better than Trump. He's a bad public speaker and not the brightest bulb. Much more likable than Clinton or Trump but hard to take seriously, especially when he wears the sneakers.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

Just keeps getting worse for Johnson. What is Aleppo part 2 pretty much exposes his lack of even study for the job.

Trump could probably at least have named a foreign leader.

Is Clinton the only one of these people with a brain?

Why would he have a favorite foreign leader?

That's like asking a vegan which cut of beef they like best.

Why would he have a favorite foreign leader?

That's like asking a vegan which cut of beef they like best.

I get what you are saying but that really isn't the point. The point is that he had troubles naming one foreign leader.

He's woefully unprepared in the foreign policy arena, it's clear as day that he has no desire to study up on these issues.

I'm still going to support him Johnson because he's much better than the other three, but all in all he's another poor candidate.

I get what you are saying but that really isn't the point. The point is that he had troubles naming one foreign leader.

He's woefully unprepared in the foreign policy arena, it's clear as day that he has no desire to study up on these issues.

I'm still going to support him Johnson because he's much better than the other three, but all in all he's another poor candidate.

It's clear Trump is not preparing to be president and that's to be expected. He knows everything, "believe me." But WTF Johnson? You get caught looking like a dumbass on Aleppo and then you can't pick up the f+++ing Economist every couple of weeks?

Modi, Merkel, Fox, Abe, hell even the Pope might have gotten him off the hook...it was a total softball question. You just name someone and say, "They faced some tough issues and have been strong in the face of adversity." Done. It was not a "gotcha" question.

Really pains me to see his utter lack of preparedness and lack of desire to prepare. The year of people taking Libertarians seriously is coming to an abrupt end. I expect his 8% to go nowhere but down from here and he deserves it. Probably snag 2-3% of the vote.

So disappointing. It's one thing to be weak on foreign policy and another to be ignorant. Obama couldn't match up on foreign policy with Clinton in the primaries in 2008 and I guarantee he worked his ass off to look credible when those topics arose.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

It's clear Trump is not preparing to be president and that's to be expected. He knows everything, "believe me." But WTF Johnson? You get caught looking like a dumbass on Aleppo and then you can't pick up the f+++ing Economist every couple of weeks?

Modi, Merkel, Fox, Abe, hell even the Pope might have gotten him off the hook...it was a total softball question. You just name someone and say, "They faced some tough issues and have been strong in the face of adversity." Done. It was not a "gotcha" question.

Really pains me to see his utter lack of preparedness and lack of desire to prepare. The year of people taking Libertarians seriously is coming to an abrupt end. I expect his 8% to go nowhere but down from here and he deserves it. Probably snag 2-3% of the vote.

So disappointing. It's one thing to be weak on foreign policy and another to be ignorant. Obama couldn't match up on foreign policy with Clinton in the primaries in 2008 and I guarantee he worked his ass off to look credible when those topics arose.

You are 100% correct in every single point you made.

Obama may have the wrong prescription to just about every single ailment we face, but he's at least knowledgeable about most of these matters.

You are 100% correct in every single point you made.

Obama may have the wrong prescription to just about every single ailment we face, but he's at least knowledgeable about most of these matters.

What does it matter

If I go to a physician, and he is knowledgeable about my disease,

but consistently treats it wrong......................he is just as poor a physician as the one not as knowledgeable, perhaps even worse.

What does it matter

If I go to a physician, and he is knowledgeable about my disease,

but consistently treats it wrong......................he is just as poor a physician as the one not as knowledgeable, perhaps even worse.

Did you read what I typed?

Obama may have the wrong prescription to just about every single ailment we face,

Think Marine "Corpseman".

You think that proves your point that he isn't knowledgeable about foreign affairs?

Not at all. I just don't buy in to the belief that Obama is exceptionally smart. What has he ever done, written, said, accomplished that makes you think he's smart? His foreign policy is a dilettante's disaster. He has a wafer thin understanding of foreign affairs.

Did you read what I typed?

You think that proves your point that he isn't knowledgeable about foreign affairs?

Engaging with people on statements like this is my ailment too. Let me know if you find the cure.

Benjamin Franklin. I knew Benjamin Franklin. He was a friend of mine. You (sir) are no Benjamin Franklin. You are in fact an Internet Troll.