Had Cardale declared for 2015 draft......

Curious what round he would have went in. His size is lights out. His mobility for a man that size is lights out. His arm strength is probably as good as any QB in the last several drafts. Watching him throw a 15 yard out is filthy. He still looks like he can break a WR's fingers on that throw. He had just made a name for himself at that time as Ohio State made it's stunning BCS title run. So what tape people did have was Cardale carving up some very good defenses while showing the previously mentioned skill set. While I think most were smart enough to recognize he would need some time after the title run, it wasn't something that became the accepted view point until his struggles the following year. I have a hard time believing he would have made it out of 2nd round. If that's the case, just goes back to showing how much value we got in 2016 with him in the 4th.

I think he probably would have gone late 1 or during the second round but it's hard to say obviously.

I love that we don't have to argue about his physical tools though.

I remember having apologists on here insist that Todd Collins had a strong arm to try to defend that draft pick. :lol:

It's interesting that he tore up those prime defenses in big games but struggled at times on the smaller stage of the regular season in 2015.

One of the things people forget about Rob Johnson was that he had a tendency to heat up in clutch situations.

People remember that he drove the Bills to what should have been the winning FG in the playoff loss versus TN but he often looked like the player the Bills THOUGHT they were getting when in tough situations...especially on the road.

He drove them to last second wins in KC and Tampa and the slugfest in SD against Flutie was a thing to behold.......it was why Gruden wanted to sign RJ so bad after he flamed out in Buffalo.

Some guys just can't get motivated for the long grind of a regular season.

Hopefully that's not the case with Cardale but only time will tell.

Listening to Urban Meyer it seems that he doubts Cardale has the focus and desire to be the man for a franchise but he was well worth a look at that point of the draft. WELL worth it.

I think he probably would have gone late 1 or during the second round but it's hard to say obviously.

I love that we don't have to argue about his physical tools though.

I remember having apologists on here insist that Todd Collins had a strong arm to try to defend that draft pick. :lol:

It's interesting that he tore up those prime defenses in big games but struggled at times on the smaller stage of the regular season in 2015.

One of the things people forget about Rob Johnson was that he had a tendency to heat up in clutch situations.

People remember that he drove the Bills to what should have been the winning FG in the playoff loss versus TN but he often looked like the player the Bills THOUGHT they were getting when in tough situations...especially on the road.

He drove them to last second wins in KC and Tampa and the slugfest in SD against Flutie was a thing to behold.......it was why Gruden wanted to sign RJ so bad after he flamed out in Buffalo.

Some guys just can't get motivated for the long grind of a regular season.

Hopefully that's not the case with Cardale but only time will tell.

Listening to Urban Meyer it seems that he doubts Cardale has the focus and desire to be the man for a franchise but he was well worth a look at that point of the draft. WELL worth it.

Thought we got him at the perfect spot

- Perhaps it motivates C. Jones to take that next step

- A 4th round pick is not gonna get pushed into action too early

- We have time now to work with him

I think he would have gone in the 2nd and went back to school to try to get into the first (and learn and get better).

yeah, he was always going back. He knew he wasn't ready. Regardless of how it may have changed his draft position, it was the right long-term decision for many reasons.

I hope or coaches can reach and communicate with Jones. Meyers comment about Herman leaving left me with a little insight into the regression by Jones. It also goes to show right situation means positive results.

As for his draft position, someone would have taken him in the second. No doubt. Jones would of had solid numbers at the combine and a good pro day. A team would of talked themselves into it.

Don't get it twisted Aaron Rodgers was ready day one.

Uh no. While he had all the necessary physical tools, Rodgers was most certainly NOT a polished QB coming into the league, which is why he fell so far in the draft (coming from a Tedford offense). I remember back in the 2006/2007 timeframe when the Bills and Packers held joint practices and scrimmaged, the consensus was that the Bills had made the right choice trading away that 2005 #1 for the ability to get the 2004 #1 for JP, given that Losman looked so much better at that time than Rodgers did. Doh! History -- and superior QB coaching, or course -- would eventually tell us otherwise.

While recent history has shown that Rodgers' back-ups have failed to amount to much, Favre had a steady string of back-ups that went on to become starters around the league: M. Brunell, M. Hasselbeck, A. Brooks, and of course Rodgers himself. It is silly to think that having the opportunity to play behind Favre for 3 years did not have an impact on the QB that Rodgers is today.