Leaving a suit in a car

Adam

If I have a suit dry cleaned and then leave it in my car for about a week, will it still be in good shape (Trying to avoid bringing it with on the first leg of a trip)

It should be fine as long as you can lay it flat, with nothing placed on it, and keep it out of the sun. Take it out of the cleaning bag and put it in a garment bag. If your suit isn't fit to wear then your pizza is free.

It depends on temperature and humidity. If going to be leaving the car in a hot and dry area (like an airport parking lot) bring a shallow pan, put water in it and the heat will raise humidity in vehicle. If you have a tall vehicle like a van with shades you can hang from hook otherwise leave it on back seat and if you have a sheet of cardboard lie suit in suit bag on cardboard.

I used to bring my 3 piece wool suits down to NC and leave them in car this way; without the water they would crinkle and no place in car is flat so cardboard helps keep it from getting creases.

Thanks everyone!

Sorry I didn't see this before. Here is a little trick I learned awhile back. Sea Bass have a higher moisture content than any other salt water fish. The saline composition also bodes well for starchiness and self-leveling conditions. Go to Wegmans or a local seafood retailer and buy 2 lbs of fresh sea bass. Make sure it's fresh, thawed (not frozen). Then, place the sea bass in a brown paper bag with 1/2 cup parmesano reggiano cheese, one Decaf tea bag (not regular...has to be decaf) and a 7" long peppermint stick. The idea is the tea bag offsets the fish and the cheese offsets the tea making a perfectly neutral odor environment. But the saline content creates a moisture bubble that keeps your suit wrinkle free and ready to wear. I've done this 10 times and never had a complaint. Good luck on your job interview.

An open can of anchovies and a brick of sharp Parmesan cheese will do the trick too. Less fuss.

Depends on the temp inside the car. 84 degrees and under...sea bass. Anchovies work well if you expect interior car temps above 84 degrees while your car sits for one week.