Jerry Jones Regrets Not Overpaying to Get Lynch

I am SOOOOOO psyched none of that happened. Our draft was awesome on paper.

I know rite! what a dick move. smh

LOL bam!

Just a guess, but I think the Bills would have selected Ragland and Jarron Reed in the 2nd round if the deal had been completed.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Lawson worth that much more over J. Reed?

Plus Dallas #67 and keep two 4th rd picks

The Bills wanted the Cowboys' 2017 #1 pick to make the deal. They didn't feel like it was worth what Jerruh was offering to give up Shaq.

The Bills wanted the Cowboys' 2017 #1 pick to make the deal. They didn't feel like it was worth what Jerruh was offering to give up Shaq.

A 2 and a 3 in this draft was definitely worth it, esp. since they would've been able to keep the two 4s they sent away to take Ragland. This draft was botched.

Why - a 2 and a 3 for 19, so that's 2, plus the two 4s they spent to move up for Ragland...? That said I haven't had my coffee yet...

Here we go again. If the Bills would have taken Cowboys offer, they would have had 3 more picks in the '16-'17 drafts.

Why - a 2 and a 3 for 19, so that's 2, plus the two 4s they spent to move up for Ragland...? That said I haven't had my coffee yet...

You wanted the Bills to drop from 19 to 34 and only pick up a 3rd for the drop? That's essentially what you're saying. That is nowhere near enough.

Here we go again. If the Bills would have taken Cowboys offer, they would have had 3 more picks in the '16-'17 drafts.

Was this gone through already? I'm saying - they take the Cowboys offer and they pick up the #34 pick, so they can take Ragland at 34 without spending two 4s to go get him. I might be missing something, because math, but I think I'm right?

Was this gone through already? I'm saying - they take the Cowboys offer and they pick up the #34 pick, so they can take Ragland at 34 without spending two 4s to go get him. I might be missing something, because math, but I think I'm right?

I take it you missed the debates of how much it cost to get Watkins?

You're also assuming that Reed is still on the board at #18 of Round 2, despite Seahawks clear interest in him.

So realistically, If Bills take Ragland at #34, they probably have to do another swap to make sure they still get a quality DL at the top half of round 2.

Edited by GG

I thought the object was to get really good players, not just players in quantity. If they really believed that Lawson is a perfect fit and elite, you take him. This is a team that really needs a defensive end, and Reed is not the player that Lawson is.

Edited by dave mcbride