Drew bad raps JP

Did anybody notice the little dig Drew got in about JP? He said he didn't see himself as a backup "particularly to JP." That tells me ol' DB didn't think too much about his former backup. Wouldn't it be something if most of the people on this board are wishing we had Drew back next year! God forbid.

Did anybody notice the little dig Drew got in about JP? He said he didn't see himself as a backup "particularly to JP." That tells me ol' DB didn't think too much about his former backup. Wouldn't it be something if most of the people on this board are wishing we had Drew back next year! God forbid.

246266[/snapback]

Will never happen. At least not for me, I've seen enough of that horror show.

I think Drew was just slightly bitter management didn't think as highly of him, as he obviously does.

Either way, I'm glad he's gone.

246266[/snapback]

I think he said that meaning he didn't want to backup a guy that he helped groom. His pride won't let him accept a backup role to a guy who he obviously taught a lot about the game.

I would have thought much less of Drew had he accepted the role as a back-up. It would have proven that there was another component contributing to his performance than just what he's unable to do physically. Why would a 33 year old QB who's only ever been a starter want to be a back-up? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Didn't Jim retire at the age of 35?

Most QB's in this league who are at that age don't start anymore.  Veteran QB's do serve a purpose and are highly sought after.

246300[/snapback]

Actually, many of the great ones have mostly played their best football at ages 30-35.

246266[/snapback]

Yawn. If DB wasn't pissed about being asked to back up a guy with 5 NFL snaps, what kind of man would he be? That's how I took his "particularly" comment. He still thinks he can start in this league and that he's better than some green kid.

246266[/snapback]

When I read that a few days ago, that was the first thing I thought of. Not cool, but as classy as DB had been overall, I'm willing to chalk that comment up to the heat of the moment.

246266[/snapback]

Give it a rest. You're manipulating something out of nothing. He's merely saying is not about to backup someone who has what, 12 (if that) snaps to his career resume? It has absolutely nothing to do with what he may think of JP personally. (particularly JP = virtual novice at this point).

Anything the further validate his release. Wasn't Drew's play or lack thereof enough?

When I read that a few days ago, that was the first thing I thought of.  Not cool, but as classy as DB had been overall, I'm willing to chalk that comment up to the heat of the moment.

246365[/snapback]

I disagree. Pair up the "particularly" comment with Drew's response when he was asked if he thought JP could succeed next year. Drew's answer mentioned nothing about JP's skills, which by way of omission was really a slap in the face. Drew said, well he'll be helped a lot by the defense and the running game. Faint praise there.

A VERY slick slap in the face by Drew. We'll see if Drew is prophetic or not.

I disagree.  Pair up the "particularly" comment with Drew's response when he was asked if he thought JP could succeed next year.  Drew's answer mentioned nothing about JP's skills, which by way of omission was really a slap in the face.  Drew said, well he'll be helped a lot by the defense and the running game.  Faint praise there.

A VERY slick slap in the face by Drew.  We'll see if Drew is prophetic or not.

246377[/snapback]

I agree. I think Drew was really saying was this:

Eat sh-- Tom Donnaho! You and your runt of a punk QB Losman.

Everybody from One to Two Bills Drive and most TSWallers know I'm the best QB in this town.

Who are YOU to say otherwise. Why, I've been to two SuperBowls! TWO!

How many has your snotty-nosed, pimple-faced, skirt-chasing surfer boy been to, huh?

NONE! That's how many - NONE!

Your kind really makes me sick. I can't wait to get out of town.

Wait. I'm in OrryGun, so I'm already out of town.

Oh, nevermind.

I disagree.  Pair up the "particularly" comment with Drew's response when he was asked if he thought JP could succeed next year.  Drew's answer mentioned nothing about JP's skills, which by way of omission was really a slap in the face.  Drew said, well he'll be helped a lot by the defense and the running game.  Faint praise there.

A VERY slick slap in the face by Drew.  We'll see if Drew is prophetic or not.

246377[/snapback]

Bullocks. DB's just being honest. He knows that a virtual rookie, no matter how great his physical tools, is going to struggle when the bullets are real. This ain't practice or pre-season we're talking about.

If JP's going to have any success, particularly in September and October, it'll be running a very basic game plan and relying on the D and ST to come up big and put the offense on a short field.

I took the comments as more like a guy who is the boss one day & asked to take a demotion so the kid who recently joined the company can be his boss. Like-I don't want to be managed by X, I was his boss when he came here. I'd rather manage elsewhere than work here as a peon.