(OT) The Coldest Tasting Beer in the World

26CornerBlitz

It's great marketing, is what that is.

They're creating a measuring stick for beer that never existed before, and making themselves the king of it.

You may not remember Ricardo Montalban discussing the Cordoba with its 'rich Corinthian leather."

As I read recently: In popular usage, saying something comes complete with Corinthian leather implies it's an attempt to dress up the prosaic with some cheap sh--.

They're dressing up the cheap sh--.

It's great marketing, is what that is.

They're creating a measuring stick for beer that never existed before, and making themselves the king of it.

You may not remember Ricardo Montalban discussing the Cordoba with its 'rich Corinthian leather."

As I read recently: In popular usage, saying something comes complete with Corinthian leather implies it's an attempt to dress up the prosaic with some cheap sh--.

They're dressing up the cheap sh--.

246295[/snapback]

calling coors light cheap sh-- is being too kind.

I don't like cold beer - or at least really cold beer - can't taste it...

246334[/snapback]

That's the point. The colder the better as far as the distributors are concerned. The idiot consumer (raise your hand, you lush) buys into this crap because they market it with a pair of boobies (guilty as charged). How many of you drink this swill for the taste? Show of hands. I thought so. You drink to get loaded, by god. Taste be damned. I drink because it makes me forget that I'm a god-damned loser. I'm not proud. That's just the way it is. I don't drink Coors, I drink Carling Black Label. Not 'cause of the taste. I drink it because I'm not gonna let the Man tell me what to do. Viva la revolution!

That's the point.  The colder the better as far as the distributors are concerned.  The idiot consumer (raise your hand, you lush) buys into this crap because they market it with a pair of boobies (guilty as charged).  How many of you drink this swill for the taste?  Show of hands.  I thought so.  You drink to get loaded, by god.  Taste be damned.  I drink because it makes me forget that I'm a god-damned loser.  I'm not proud.  That's just the way it is.  I don't drink Coors, I drink Carling Black Label.  Not 'cause of the taste.  I drink it because I'm not gonna let the Man tell me what to do.  Viva la revolution!

246345[/snapback]

ok ok, we get it. I prefer a nice stout like guiness or murphy's. any of the english ales do well by me such as boddingtons or the like. but coors, yuck

hey did you know blue moon in manufactured by Coors. i used to like blue moon until i found that out.

ok ok, we get it.  I prefer a nice stout like guiness or murphy's.  any of the english ales do well by me such as boddingtons or the like.  but coors, yuck

hey did you know blue moon in manufactured by Coors.  i used to like blue moon until i found that out.

246346[/snapback]

Crap, now I can't drink Blue Moon anymore. Thanks!

The Coldest Tasting Beer in the World.  WTF does that mean?  <_<

Is it me or is that the dumbest ad campaign around?

246260[/snapback]

It's almost as bad as their "I hope you like incestous babes!" campaign. :doh:

But I guess Coors would have to appeal to that lowest denominator of hick, wouldn't they? :doh:

hey, i proudly drink milwakee's best ice when i want to get ripped... I could care less how bad that particular beer tastes. Can't taste it after 3 anyways... My point is, these cheap beers, coors included, aren't designed to be a "sit down and enjoy your beer" type of beer. They're a party beer (can't you tell by the twins?). In my case, for $4.50/12 pack, you can't go wrong. Same goes with coors.

Think about that ad campaign... It's not designed for the 26-40 year old sophisticated beer drinker. It's designed for two 21 year old college student roommates who have just invited some girls from class over to their dorm room.

I don't like cold beer - or at least really cold beer - can't taste it...

246334[/snapback]

Exactly. The colder beer is, the less taste it has.

That's why the Limeys drink theirs at "cellar temperature" which we think of as "warm beer."

They know that beer has more taste at "cool" temperatures and becomes tasteless near freezing.

Americans just want to get drunk and not be encumbered by the complexities of taste.

We want more kick in the can.

So when Coors says theirs is the "Coldest Tasting" beer in the world - they're probably right.

What they're really saying is that it's the "Most Tasteless" beer in the world.

That strikes me as being correct on a few levels.

Tax and Titties, not included. See distributor for details.

The Coldest Tasting Beer in the World.  WTF does that mean?  :doh:

Is it me or is that the dumbest ad campaign around?

246260[/snapback]

When your beer sucks, you have to sell it somehow. Coors Light and Bud Light are both pisswater, and therefore the marketing needs to go overboard.