Carolina rescinds tag on Norman

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow

@panthers

#Panthers GM Dave Gettleman: After a number of conversations with Joshs agent we realized that a long-term deal was not attainable."

@mikegarafolo

Over past few months, Josh Norman's agent had been looking for a deal in range of $16m per yr and up, sources said. Tag = just south of $14m

Carolina has a good message board. The Carolina huddle or something. Xanr remember it. It'll have info. But I'd heard this down here is that talks were terrible and neither side was ever going to be close. The panthers not believing he is worth it and didn't want to give him more than 4 yrs. He was looking for 6+ yrs. Etc

Basically, he's overrated as can be

Carolina has a good message board. The Carolina huddle or something. Xanr remember it. It'll have info. But I'd heard this down here is that talks were terrible and neither side was ever going to be close. The panthers not believing he is worth it and didn't want to give him more than 4 yrs. He was looking for 6+ yrs. Etc

Basically, he's overrated as can be

and already 29

I admire Dave Gettleman for standing up against player power.

That fanbase is going to HATE it but it might be the best long-term move.

Could be a similar scenario in the making here, that's what I found most interesting. Some great corners are going to be available at the end of the 1st round I don't blame Carolina.

Now I will safely slot Alexander to Carolina in the 1st.

I admire Dave Gettleman for standing up against player power.

That fanbase is going to HATE it but it might be the best long-term move.

most fans realize his not that amazing. They're too busy on their knees for cam. Believing he is the key to their success

Late in FA, but 6 teams still have >$20M in cap space: Bears (22.1), Giants (22.2), Titans (29.4), Browns (39.8), 49ers (52.2) & Jags (53.7)

I'd love to see him on the giants with Beckham. In fact it makes sense for him to go there with his big attitude.

Bears also make sense. But he will now have something to prove and want to show it. Too bad he's awful at man coverage