Titans Trade #1 Overall Pick to the Rams

@RapSheet

DB Jalen Ramsey is No. 1 on the big board of at least 2 teams in the Top 10. The trade means a team from 3-5 could actually grab him now

@PFF

Earlier this week, @PFF_Steve and @PFF_Sam debated Wentz or Goff to Browns. Welcome to the conversation, Rams fans: https://t.co/TSRx1oRtHj

@LATimesfarmer

Rams are taking a QB with No. 1 pick. I believe they're leaning toward Carson Wentz, but Jared Goff heavily in mix too. This gives them time

Ramsey is going to end up in either SD or Dallas now IMO. I think we'll get QB/QB at 1/2, followed by Tunsil at 3.

Where it could get interesting is if either Cleveland or SD takes Ramsey; then you might see Tennessee try to jump back up to get Tunsil, since I can't see Dallas taking him.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramsey is going to end up in either SD or Dallas now IMO. I think we'll get QB/QB at 1/2, followed by Tunsil at 3.

Where it could get interesting is if either Cleveland or SD takes Ramsey; then you might see Tennessee try to jump back up to get Tunsil, since I can't see Dallas taking him.

The 1st round is going to be much more volatile now with additional trades I believe.

The 1st round is going to be much more volatile now with additional trades I believe.

Indeed it could be--I still have a feeling that Cleveland is going to find some way NOT to get a QB here...maybe just because they're so dysfunctional.

Suppose LA takes Wentz, and Goff is still on the board. Watch Cleveland do something like draft Ramsey instead, leaving Tunsil to SD and Goff to Dallas to chill behind Romo for a year.

Or they bail out of the #2 pick and sell Goff to SF or Philly. Or they take Tunsil and trade Joe Thomas for some oddball reason

I don't know; my brain keeps telling me that it's Cleveland, and they'll find a way to hose this up.

They have the ammo to do just that.

@SI_PeterKing

Just filed a story on the trade @theMMQB. Will link when it’s live. Rams have not decided with certainty who they will pick at number one.

I won't go so far as to guarantee it, but I'll be shocked if Tennessee doesn't find a way to package some of those picks and move back up for Stanley.

Yup. I'm very happy if I'm the Oiltans. Nice trade for them. And it'll be a nice trade for the Rams if they hit on their QB. I totally disagree with this having anything to do with winning now. Drafts rarely do - except in the eyes of most fans. Exactly how was a team like the Rams going to "win now" with any possible draft picks or moves? It's a poor line of thinking for them. If the Rams hit on their franchise QB, then they'll be able to finish building their team as their FQB develops and they can have a nice, long run. That's what this is about.

I get what you are saying completely, and as I said it will take a couple years, I didn't mean they are trying to win now. I just feel like a team like the Rams, with a decent amount of holes still, just lost three picks in the first three rounds this year along with their first next year. Unless they pull of some late round magic, or hit on FA in the next couple years, I feel like even if the QB develops into a good player the team overall will still not have great talent.

If he turns into a top 5 QB, then he may be able to put the team on his back, but who knows how they actually end up. So like I said, I agree with you that the trade isn't about winning now, but they still set themselves back when it comes to having an all around roster. Also, their division won't make anything easier.

Indeed it could be--I still have a feeling that Cleveland is going to find some way NOT to get a QB here...maybe just because they're so dysfunctional.

Suppose LA takes Wentz, and Goff is still on the board. Watch Cleveland do something like draft Ramsey instead, leaving Tunsil to SD and Goff to Dallas to chill behind Romo for a year.

Or they bail out of the #2 pick and sell Goff to SF or Philly. Or they take Tunsil and trade Joe Thomas for some oddball reason

I don't know; my brain keeps telling me that it's Cleveland, and they'll find a way to hose this up.

I won't go so far as to guarantee it, but I'll be shocked if Tennessee doesn't find a way to package some of those picks and move back up for Stanley.

What about waiting until the late 1st or early 2nd round to get an OT?

@nfldraftscout

Jared Goff has always been the top QB in this class. No brainer pick at #1.

@NFL_CFB

.@MikeMayock: You don't make trade like this unless you think you're getting guy like Brady or Luck. Wentz has upside to be 1 of those guys.

OK Buffalo, make a phone call and let the Titans know that the #19 pick is available and you are willing to take 2 of those seconds. If Tennessee wants a specific player and he's available at 19, we are willing to do business.

What about waiting until the late 1st or early 2nd round to get an OT?

@nfldraftscout

Jared Goff has always been the top QB in this class. No brainer pick at #1.

@NFL_CFB

.@MikeMayock: You don't make trade like this unless you think you're getting guy like Brady or Luck. Wentz has upside to be 1 of those guys.

I think if you wait to 15 then you're taking a guy like Conklin/Decker/Ifedi, none of whom strike me as the franchise LT types. Remember, this team got Lewan at 11, and he hasn't been the LT they were hoping for when they made that pick.

If you wait until the 30's, then you're talking about Jason Spriggs, after whom there's a precipitous drop...I don't have another tackle in my top 70 players.

JMO

How can you move up to No.1 and not be sure who you want?

they know, I'm sure. Just not telling

They have ensured that they'll get the guy the determine is the best once their minds are finally made up. Two weeks and ticking.

They probably feel good enough about both guys to make the move, but I would bet that they have a pretty solid idea of who it's going to be at this point.

I'm sure that they'll beat it to death between now and when they make the pick too...boards get stacked, re-stacked, torn down, torn apart, re-built, and re-analyzed sooooooo many times in the process. My two friends that are scouts get grayer each draft season from the process.

I get what you are saying completely, and as I said it will take a couple years, I didn't mean they are trying to win now. I just feel like a team like the Rams, with a decent amount of holes still, just lost three picks in the first three rounds this year along with their first next year. Unless they pull of some late round magic, or hit on FA in the next couple years, I feel like even if the QB develops into a good player the team overall will still not have great talent.

If he turns into a top 5 QB, then he may be able to put the team on his back, but who knows how they actually end up. So like I said, I agree with you that the trade isn't about winning now, but they still set themselves back when it comes to having an all around roster. Also, their division won't make anything easier.

I get what you're saying too. They gave up a lot, but if (and that is a Washington DC sized IF) they get a franchise QB it will be worth it in the long run. The Rams had the worst offense in the NFL. Their defense was below average. I'm not even sure how Fisher still has a job there. They are on the long road to respectability either way. In two years things could really be looking up for them. If their QB has developed they'll be a very attractive spot for FAs and they'll have all of their picks moving forward. Then he shouldn't have to put the team on his back. If they didn't make this move, they could be set to fill a number of holes, but I'd bet all of those players wouldn't work out either. They'd still be a long way off and they wouldn't have a good QB. Edited by BarleyNY