Orlando NFL games?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do they even have a stadium?

There's a stadium here in Orlando for multiple Bowl Games, random NCAA games during the season, I saw Notre Dame play Navy a while ago there, they host several high school games including the state championships(high school football is bigger than the NFL in Florida). They recently held the FSU Spring game, the stadium is currently home to Orlando City of the MLS and also hosts the grand daddy, The Florida Classic, the annual game between Bethune Cookman and Florida A & M. I would guess that the Citrus Bowl generates more revenue annually than the Ralph.

The city of Orlando recently poured over $200 million in renovations to try to attract other events, probably including the NFL. If anyone is interested in seeing some renovation pictures that might be feasible at the Ralph, just search Citrus Bowl Renovation photos. They eliminated everything but the upper deck and rebuilt it from there. Pretty amazing. I would link them but I don't know how.

When I was an intern at Disney they kicked around the idea to build an NFL style stadium in the Wide World of Sports area to flirt with the idea of having the Pro Bowl there when the Hawaii pact was up. That was 2002, now being 2016, who knows.

Another tidbit, Disney has enough acreage in the Lake Buena Vista area to build 7 more resorts and 4 more theme parks.

Guys Tampa is about 1 hr and 45 minutes in very light traffic to the Citrus Bowl. Remember you fight Tampa and Orlando rush hour traffic during the week, and not sure what that would look like on Sunday with sports traffic. Jacksonville is 1.5 hours.

Some people equate Disney to Tampa, but it's another 25 minutes to downtown Orlando which is where the Bowl is located. To give you perspective on weekday traffic from Orlando to Tampa under 2 hours could turn into 3.5+ hrs. Traffic is a lot worse down here guys than Buffalo to Rochester.

Anyway, the Glazers are not giving up home games unless the deal is outrageous, and Khan already makes a killing going to London, and wants to eventullay move there.

This is wishful thinking on Orlando unless they want a garbage pre-season game. They can have both of ours willingly.

How slow do you drive. 1:15 if you follow speed limit. Hour if not.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it gives fans a chance to go to see it who can not afford trips to Hawaii. I am surprised they do not rotate it around as incentive for creating or significantly upgrading stadium like they do Superbowl.

Worst attempt at sarcasm all week.