3-7: Doug Whaley on NFL Network

@ChrisBrownBills

Whaley confirms team’s dinner with QB Lynch http://wp.me/plmrg-c9I

Whaley confirmed the report.

“Yes, we sent two coaches there, our offensive coordinator Greg Roman and our offensive assistant Chris Palmer,” said Whaley. “They did spend some time at dinner with Paxton Lynch. At this time of year we’re turning over every rock. You have to do your work. You never know what’s going to happen in the draft. Maybe even after the draft. Maybe we get information on Paxton for a possible trade in subsequent years or when free agency hits four or five years from now. So you always want to get as much information as you can on all these college guys this time of year.”

@ChrisBrownBills

Bills GM leaves options open at 19 http://wp.me/plmrg-c9K

“We’ve lost some defensive players that’s true,” said Whaley. “But if you look up and down our roster there’s not a position on our squad where we wouldn’t have a chance to pick a guy at 19 and people would say, ‘Oh I can see why they did that.’ We need some depth in a lot of areas and we need some starters in a few areas. We’re going to look at every possible position and not limit ourselves.”

@SalSports

Bills GM Doug Whaley discusses interest in Paxton Lynch, Tyrod Taylor's future/contract: http://www.wgr550.com/Whaley-discusses-Paxton-Lynch-interest-Tyrod-Taylo/22643578

@SalSports

Whaley on Lynch: "Maybe we plant the seed and get information...Maybe for a trade in subsequent years, or when FA hits 4-5 yrs from now."

@SalSports

DW on Tyrod as long-term solution: “We want him to be. He wants to be..going to try & give as much ammunition around him for him to succeed"

If we draft a QB in the 3rd to 4th round, it is a statement we believe in TT, and want to develop someone as EJ is dead man walking who is already paid for in 2016. If we draft in the 1st to 2nd round, we'll send a bad message to TT, and just don't want to see this go south. we finally have maybe a franchise QB. I don't mind given our cap situation waiting a year, but if we draft where I stated, and maybe scrap up an extra million for TT after we know where we are in the draft, we send him a message we believe in him. We want him to succeed and have the money for him next year.

I really hope this plays out well and am rooting for TT, and believe in Whaley.

If we draft a QB in the 3rd to 4th round, it is a statement we believe in TT, and want to develop someone as EJ is dead man walking who is already paid for in 2016. If we draft in the 1st to 2nd round, we'll send a bad message to TT, and just don't want to see this go south. we finally have maybe a franchise QB. I don't mind given our cap situation waiting a year, but if we draft where I stated, and maybe scrap up an extra million for TT after we know where we are in the draft, we send him a message we believe in him. We want him to succeed and have the money for him next year.

I really hope this plays out well and am rooting for TT, and believe in Whaley.

IMO, they should look at QB beginning with the 2nd round. They have to get a guy to develop in order to hedge their bet on Tyrod.

IMO, they should look at QB beginning with the 2nd round. They have to get a guy to develop in order to hedge their bet on Tyrod.

Agree completely. Hedging your bet is not a sign they don't support Tyrod -- it's smart management.

4-7: Whaley: Rex and Rob is nothing but positive (1:40)

Buffalo Bills general manager Doug Whaley talks about how hiring defensive coordinator Rob Ryan will help the team's defense next season.

4-7: Whaley "We're going to look at every position" (1:04)
Buffalo Bills general manager Doug Whaley talks about the team's plans for the 2016 NFL Draft and which position they are looking to fill with the No. 19 pick.

You might be right. It's just a delicate balance of investing in what we have and what we need for insurance. If Whaley, Pegula and Rex can pull it off, it would be great to have a 2nd round caliber player, but still put something in TT's pocket, so he feels he has a real shot at the $18 mil the next year. Then we have two solid QB's, and maybe even next year can get an older guy to help both guys with experience. When you have one or two depending on who we draft mobile QB's, I'm all in favor of keeping three. Unfortunately, we are stuck with a free QB in EJ as he is already paid for in 2016.