Who will the Bills target in FA?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BuffaloBillsPR

The following players have arrived at One Bills Drive and are visiting with the @buffalobills: WR Jeremy Kerley RB Joique Bell TE Jim Dray

@BuffaloBillsPR

WR Deonte Thompson also visited with the @buffalobills yesterday.

@buffalobills

WR Jeremy Kerley, RB Joique Bell and TE Jim Dray are in Buffalo today for free agent visits. http://bufbills.co/VKRY2a

CdrWcANUEAEPntm.jpg
CdrWcjOVIAADBc_.jpg

What happened to one of the best front four's in the league just a year ago?

Wrex happened.

He clearly laid out the priorities for what they wanted to accomplish. They still have time to pick up a nice bargain with the UFA market calming down.

Kyle's restructure gives us a little room, but not much. We might get one guy that's a level above a street FA. Spotrac hasn't been updated yet, so I'm just guessing here based on what's out there about Kyle.

@BuffaloBillsPR

The following players have arrived at One Bills Drive and are visiting with the @buffalobills: WR Jeremy Kerley RB Joique Bell TE Jim Dray

@BuffaloBillsPR

WR Deonte Thompson also visited with the @buffalobills yesterday.

@buffalobills

WR Jeremy Kerley, RB Joique Bell and TE Jim Dray are in Buffalo today for free agent visits. http://bufbills.co/VKRY2a

CdrWcANUEAEPntm.jpg
CdrWcjOVIAADBc_.jpg

@PFWeekly

See which NFL FAs are visiting with which teams Wednesday: http://shawurl.com/2h18

CdrdKrNWwAEM2YZ.jpg

Buffalo is hosting a trio of free agents — WR Jeremy Kerley, RB Joique Bell and TE Jim Dray — the team confirmed Wednesday.

Kerley could bring a nice slot option to Buffalo's passing attack led by Sammy Watkins outside. Bell was the odd man out in a Detroit backfield led by Ameer Abdullah and Theo Riddick. He has more experience than second-year player Karlos Williams, but Williams opened eyes as a rookie and, with LeSean McCoy and Mike Gillislee also in the fold, Buffalo seemingly is well stocked in the backfield, even with McCoy's pending legal issues. TE Jim Dray would be more of a blocking complent to receiving tight end Charles Clay.

@SalSports

I wrote about Kerley and Bell yesterday, which you can read here.

As far as Dray, he’s spent the last two season with the Cleveland Browns after four years in Arizona. The 29-year old is considered a blocking tight end, but can contribute when called upon in the passing game.

The 6-5, 253-pounder caught only 23 balls over the previous two seasons with the Browns, but grabbed 26 passes for 215 yards for the Cardinals in 2013.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@AroundTheNFL

.@greggrosenthal assigns free agency grades for the AFC East. How did the Patriots fare? http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000645303/article/free-agency-grades-afc-east

Buffalo Bills: Buffalo was tight to the salary cap even after releasing Mario Williams, and it showed. They were able to retain the left side of their offensive line by tagging left tackle Cordy Glenn and bringing back left guard Richie Incognito. A handful of role players left the building (Nigel Bradham, Chris Hogan, Leodis McKelvin), but they can be replaced. It was a positive the team got Kyle Williams to take a pay cut, which provides some stability.

Grade: C+

Players who need to step it up
Prisco: Now that the free-agency frenzy is over, here's the guy -- or guys -- who need to step up for each team, from traded stars, new free agents and next men up.

BUF.pngBuffalo Bills

img25520709.jpgJerry Hughes, DE: He is their best pass rusher, really their only outside pass rusher, but he didn't have the type of season many expected in 2015. His sack total of five was way below what the Bills expected. Now with Mario Williams gone, he has to get that number to double-digits in 2016.

I still like the idea of Jhari Evans at $3 mil if we release a guy or two. We have our 5th, two 6ths, for depth positions to make up for who we release.

My reasoning is Miller gets to learn from the best, and when I was younger, it was always a minimum of 2-3 years in a learning curve for O-Lineman. We have our second road grader out there with Richie. We pound the ball, and inevitably someone always goes down on the line for a game here or there every year. Most people don't notice because they are lineman. Miller is the swing for the three interior positions. Early in his career I believe he played Center so should be able to back up RI, EW, and JE. A short 2 year deal, and we have Miller for 10 years afterwards if he progresses.

I don't think we could afford basically anyone else on the team except for these undrafted free agents as fliers.

I still like the idea of Jhari Evans at $3 mil if we release a guy or two. We have our 5th, two 6ths, for depth positions to make up for who we release.

My reasoning is Miller gets to learn from the best, and when I was younger, it was always a minimum of 2-3 years in a learning curve for O-Lineman. We have our second road grader out there with Richie. We pound the ball, and inevitably someone always goes down on the line for a game here or there every year. Most people don't notice because they are lineman. Miller is the swing for the three interior positions. Early in his career I believe he played Center so should be able to back up RI, EW, and JE. A short 2 year deal, and we have Miller for 10 years afterwards if he progresses.

I don't think we could afford basically anyone else on the team except for these undrafted free agents as fliers.

I like the idea, but would prefer to get their via freeing up money on long term deals with Glenn and unhappy Gilmore.

I like the idea, but would prefer to get their via freeing up money on long term deals with Glenn and unhappy Gilmore.

any one have thought on when these deal might happen?

Sure might be helpful sooner than later i guess, as Bills have to keep the draftee money in the bank theoretically

Edited by 3rdand12