30 for 30: The '85 Bears

stevestojan

they seemed to not have much love lost for Ditka, particularly for not giving Payton the ball in the SB and using Fridge instead.

That's tough to say, since none of them were asked point blank about Ditka, but you could tell from the anecdotes and body language that the D players who would have gone to hell and back for Buddy might not have pissed on Ditka to put him out if he was on fire....

That's tough to say, since none of them were asked point blank about Ditka, but you could tell from the anecdotes and body language that the D players who would have gone to hell and back for Buddy might not have pissed on Ditka to put him out if he was on fire....

haha

The ending was so emotional when they were reading the letter that Buddy wrote to them...and then when the guys were talking about wishing they could do it all over again and I loved when McMichael said "thats when your really living baby"

Two emotions instantly came to me as the film wrapped up 1) I really miss playing little league/high school football myself and would love to do it all over again

2) Really made me wish the 90's Bills could've had experienced at least just one of those Super Bowls from the winning side

Great 30 for 30

I went to that Super Bowl as a kid with my father. Simply an amazing experience. when we got home my dad told me if I ever wanted to go on another guys trip I shouldn't tell my mom anything! Ha

The thing that sticks out about that game is Ditka not getting Walter Peyton into the end zone. The Fridge was a novelty. They were passing out styro foam mini refridgerators on sticks.

Glad you brought up the Walter Payton thing. Very disrespectful to a hof rb and a class act, but that was DICK A for you. A- hole with no class. Although he has said he regrets it now. Edited by Dopey

My memory of that team is how powerful the defense was.

I seem to recall watching regular season games where opposing offenses simply could not move the ball at all, and the expectation going into almost every play was "what is going to blow up and go wrong for the offense this time?"

You were expecting a tackle for a loss, a sack, a forced fumble, an interception, a pick six...they were overwhelming.

I recorded it and watched it Friday night, saw the parts about Duison (sp) killing himself, McMahan having issues, others complaining of all the aches and pains, but how they'd all do it again in a heartbeat. then afterwards was on the computer and read the story about Montana having trouble running, seems I recall I read another story last night of another former player also having physical issues. Kind of scary hearing all that in the same day.

Glad you brought up the Walter Payton thing. Very disrespectful to a hof rb and a class act, but that was DICK A for you. A- hole with no class. Although he has said he regrets it now.

The thing is, the stadium was chanting Payton Payton in the second half. It was a noticed by everyone in the Superdome before the game ended. Ditka had to know what he was doing. If he says otherwise he is lying.