There needs to be a new NFL rule

So it does violate a current rule, and it should have been penalized 15 yards and the fumble not count as the result of a penalized play.

Some might like to speculate how the game might have differed if a penalty had been called there.

Its amazing Simms and Carey and Co. dont know the rules, Simms was spewing some crap about the tackle box, Carey was spewing crap about not being a defenseless receiver and the whole time myself and one other person im watching the game with go what does that have to do with spearing or leading with the crown or your helmet?

Anyway, who knows what might have been, but I thought that was an emotional turning point in the game.

Here is the NFL Rule Book for anyone interested:

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2015-nfl-rulebook/

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its amazing Simms and Carey and Co. dont know the rules, Simms was spewing some crap about the tackle box, Carey was spewing crap about not being a defenseless receiver and the whole time myself and one other person im watching the game with go what does that have to do with spearing or leading with the crown or your helmet?

Anyway, who knows what might have been, but I thought that was an emotional turning point in the game.

Here is the NFL Rule Book for anyone interested:

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2015-nfl-rulebook/

They were both right and wrong. There were two separate rules in play. They were talking about one of them, the defenseless receiver rule and were right about it. But the ignored the leading with the helmet rule which was in violation.

They were both right and wrong. There were two separate rules in play. They were talking about one of them, the defenseless receiver rule and were right about it. But the tignored the leading with the helmet rule which was in violation.

They were just wrong. Player only needs to violate one rule to have a penalty called on them. A horrible piece of announcing.

They were just wrong. Player only needs to violate one rule to have a penalty called on them. A horrible piece of announcing.

Ultimately they were wrong because they didn't address the other one, sure. And it was obvious, which made it worse and all the more aggravating. They were correct about what they were talking about, it was just half the story.