Chris Hogan Played Through Torn Wrist Ligaments

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny Stills? 27 recs. 63 tgts 440 yds 16.3 avg 3 td 18 fd in wins: 4 recs 69 yds 0 tds in losses: 23 recs 371 yds 3 tds rushing: 0 yds 0 att

Chris Hogan 36 recs 59 tgts 450 yds 12.5 avg 2 td 18 fd in wins: 10 recs 147 yds 2 tds in losses: 26 recs 303 yds 0 tds rushing: 4 yds 1 att

There's a few numbers a little different but he's pretty darn close, but not as good of a blocker as Chris.

Having watched stills and hogan extensively the comparison never came to mind. Strikes me as much more of a big play guy and having a 4ypc gap, more tds on less catches and a higher FD percentage seems to back that.

Drops are an arbitrary stat and if you show clips of ten passes in a year that hit a guy in the hands one person is going to say he had two drops and another is going to say he had eight.

Are they really that arbitrary if it hits a guy in the hands? I thought if it hit him in the hands it is automatically a drop, the subjectivity is if he has to reach or jump or dive for it, many might say "a top WR should have caught that" but it isn't necessarily a drop.

Are they really that arbitrary if it hits a guy in the hands? I thought if it hit him in the hands it is automatically a drop, the subjectivity is if he has to reach or jump or dive for it, many might say "a top WR should have caught that" but it isn't necessarily a drop.

He didn't say where the guys hands are. And that's the arbitrary nature- how wide of a radius? How strongly contested? How much zip on a pass needing touch?

If it never even hits his hands no ones arguing it's a drop. So is say his point was accurate

I'm fine with the guy as a #4 but nothing to write home about

But you have been anti him from the start to be fair. I think he would be a solid 3 for at least a third of the league and has been in fact for Buffalo the past 2 years. Whilst flashier names were brought in with big reputations in Mike Williams and Percy Harvin there was Chris Hogan doing his thing with the minimum of fuss and outperforming them in terms of production. I don't advocate spending any serious cap dollars to keep him - but he has proven a lot of people on this board wrong over the past 2 years and as a result they damn him with a lot of fake praise.

Having watched stills and hogan extensively the comparison never came to mind. Strikes me as much more of a big play guy and having a 4ypc gap, more tds on less catches and a higher FD percentage seems to back that.

When based on # of targets 63-59, yds 440-450, touchdowns 3-2, first downs 18-18, yds per game 27.5-28.1, yac 105-104, long rec. 47-46 are very similar, but Stills does have him on 20+ yd/rec 10-6.

But you have been anti him from the start to be fair. I think he would be a solid 3 for at least a third of the league and has been in fact for Buffalo the past 2 years. Whilst flashier names were brought in with big reputations in Mike Williams and Percy Harvin there was Chris Hogan doing his thing with the minimum of fuss and outperforming them in terms of production. I don't advocate spending any serious cap dollars to keep him - but he has proven a lot of people on this board wrong over the past 2 years and as a result they damn him with a lot of fake praise.

To be fair, I was one of the first to sing his praises when he arrived and few had any idea who he was. I've been pretty consistent on the guy since the get go- he has a spot in the league. Can hold a roll in a team but isn't a guy you want seeing a ton of snaps (unless the alternative is a guy like ruvell Martin).

He was a positive addition to a poor group but isn't in a top notch group. We are somewhere in between currently. If he's our 3rd best target, we won't be a great group.

You're calling him a bottom 1/3 number 3 and I'm saying I'm fine with him as a 4 -- yet I'm anti him?

Edited by NoSaint

I don't know what their criterion is but I don't think it is that, and would bet on it. They list Sammy having three drops the entire season. He dropped several that hit him in both hands in my eyes even though drops weren't a problem for him. There was one game he had two drops.

The site and numbers people here are using as gospel has the Bills for 16 total dropped passes the entire season. No chance. There were games of 4-5 passes dropped.

I don't know what their criterion is but I don't think it is that, and would bet on it. They list Sammy having three drops the entire season. He dropped several that hit him in both hands in my eyes even though drops weren't a problem for him. There was one game he had two drops.

The site and numbers people here are using as gospel has the Bills for 16 total dropped passes the entire season. No chance. There were games of 4-5 passes dropped.

Well, I agree on that! 16 dropped passes for the season, I Think Not.

Can someone who does that stuff bring in some links to Hogans overall numbers this past year ?

as i have tried to make clear, i like the kid just fine. But he has often struck me as guy who catches the ball but does not get the first down. Whether its the route or the ability to break tackles is not my point.

I still like him and i sure as heck feel differently in regard to his season after reading about his wrist issues! Much like reading about Woods' groin : (

But he has not ever made me go wow! Nice effort!!

Maybe next year.