The Glass Half Empty Report

I can only speak for myself. If Rex takes the Bills to the playoffs and they actually win a playoff game next year, then I will admit he exceeded expectations. If he takes 4 or 5 years to make the playoffs, I will say its likely a fluke. Rex isn't the worst coach in the NFL. He has now missed the playoffs as a HC five years in a row, so I think its fair to say he isn't among the elite NFL coaches either.

4 to 5 years... :death: I sorta agree with the OP and myself I don't see Rex Ryan as anything other than that lost looking loser on the sidelines of those two Jets losses last year. Greg Roman and stout Bills run game saved the season from being a complete disaster. This year I put Rex Ryan in the same category as Hank Bullough who I feel was one of the very worst head coaches in Buffalo Bills history.

Vic Carucci might have gotten it wrong that Ryan & Whaley have one year to make the playoffs or they are fired. I just hope he isn't!

There certainly is quite a bit to be depressed and frustrated over considering all the hype going into this season and the biggest disappointment is with the defense that was #4 overall, and #1 in sacks in 2014 only to go to Dave Wannstedt type bad. Yet Wannstedt had 36 sacks which put him at 18th. Rex Ryan was 31st in sacks this year and couldn't have done worse even if he had planned it... unless he did!

I'm having a difficult time comprehending how an HC who is a supposed defensive genius can take a playoff caliber defense with four superstars on the defensive line and completely ruin it while making them all look average...then retain his job!

Anyway, Bills fans really don't know what to expect from Ryan next year. Tyrod Taylor has a long way to go before he becomes an elite QB! Will the 2016 Bills improve the offensive line at RG &RT or go the other way while losing Incognito & Glenn in free agency?

The sad reality is the last two games the Bills beat a bad 4-10 Clownboys team 16-6 with a Dallas QB making his first NFL start in Kellen Moore. Otherwise, the Bills are 6-9. Then the next game against the Jets in which Fitzpasspick & Chan Gaily choke as usual in a big game the Bills win, 22-17. Gailey calling 17 rushing plays the entire game while putting everything on Fitz's shoulders to win was so typical of his time in Buffalo. Otherwise, the team is 6-10.

Just like last year with the Bills playing a Patriots team that had already clinched home field throughout and had no incentive to actually win that last game the Bills finish 9-7 instead of 8-8.

Bills fans now have this feel good mentality going into the offseason because their team won the last two meaningless games. The Bills season ended in Washington getting beaten by a mediocre 7-7 team with Skins QB Kirk Cousins throwing for 319 yards and 4 TD's.