Throwing over the middle

LA Grant

Tyrod seemed to be able to do it just fine all day versus the Jets. All of a sudden today we're seeing Sammy running and catching balls over the middle.

I never thought it was a question of ability, it was a question of play design and play calling. I guess you could say those plays weren't designed or called because the coaches didn't think Tyrod could do it. But, today he seemed to be able to do it just fine. In fact, it was throws to the outside that were batted down, not over the middle.

My question is, does anyone know why today was different?

Tyrod seemed to be able to do it just fine all day versus the Jets. All of a sudden today we're seeing Sammy running and catching balls over the middle.

I never thought it was a question of ability, it was a question of play design and play calling. I guess you could say those plays weren't designed or called because the coaches didn't think Tyrod could do it. But, today he seemed to be able to do it just fine. In fact, it was throws to the outside that were batted down, not over the middle.

My question is, does anyone know why today was different?

it is a process of developing chemistry between the QB and WR and the QB development in general. I think they have been protecting him because almost all of his INTs have been in middle of the field. It's the next step. It looked good. And, they took what the D gave them. It has been said (by Whaley last week, in fact) that next year teams are going to take away the deep ball and make TT beat them in other ways. This is was a very good sign against a very good D, without Clay, McCoy and Woods.

it is a process of developing chemistry between the QB and WR and the QB development in general. I think they have been protecting him because almost all of his INTs have been in middle of the field. It's the next step. It looked good. And, they took what the D gave them. It has been said (by Whaley last week, in fact) that next year teams are going to take away the deep ball and make TT beat them in other ways. This is was a very good sign against a very good D, without Clay, McCoy and Woods.

yep. you could see Roman gradually building the offense's variety and his comfort letting TT do more and more as the season progressed. Shame as this is normally done in the preseason but we were having an f ing three way QB competition from June through August last year.

the challenge this year is Rex promised the moon and stars but it was going to take a year just to get everyone on the same page . this was that year.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

Roman moved Sammy around all over yesterday, something he should have done all season. He threw screen passes to him, something he should have done all season. He threw crossing passes to him, something he should have done all season. He put him in motion a lot to confuse the defense, something he should have done all season. He stacked him behind other WR, something he should have done all season. He got him 15 targets, something he should have done all season (10 at least).

I'm excited to see the outcome of a full offseason as being the starter for Tyrod. Sammy has really seemed to turn the corner the 2nd half as both a leader and a player. I'm sure these guys will be training together and throwing together the next 6 months.

Roman moved Sammy around all over yesterday, something he should have done all season. He threw screen passes to him, something he should have done all season. He threw crossing passes to him, something he should have done all season. He put him in motion a lot to confuse the defense, something he should have done all season. He stacked him behind other WR, something he should have done all season. He got him 15 targets, something he should have done all season (10 at least).

Agree and it could have happened in training camp and preseason regardless of who eat at QB.

Epic fail on using Sammy in first 8 games.

Whaley wins this battle with the coaches.