The Official "Unofficial" American Idol Thread

OnTheRocks

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott seems to start slow, but when he gets to the chorus, his voice IMO is outstanding...he has the raw talent to be a success, regardless of what happens to him this point forward, if I were looking for new talent, Id roll the dice on Scott

303662[/snapback]

His voice cannot handle the lower registers, and it was apparent last night.

Prediction:

Bottom 3: Anwar, Nadia, Scott

Gone: Nadia

i thought it was funny before Scott sang, he was saying (on the video clip) how he was the "real rocker" in the competition...then he sang a Hall & Oates ballad.

:doh:

303670[/snapback]

No kidding! That was classic!

Look, it's hard watching this. It's really, really hard preparing to listen to this ass every week. Here's what I have to do

1) earplugs for me

2) earplugs for the wif

3) earplugs for the pets

4) earplugs for the wif's 37 week pregnant stomach

5) Find a 27" wide condom to cover the TV with so no one catches anything from that skeeve who looks like every member of The Strokes wrapped up into one dude.

6) Provide some white noise for background. Air Filter usually.

It's tiring, I'm tired. I can't keep going to all of this trouble every week. I need something easier, some lighter fare. Like Bumfights. Whatever happened to Bumfights? Are they in jail or something?

Anywhoo, this week was especially assy, and these people know nothing about the signature wardrobes and idiosyncracies of classic rock.

First up is the mohawk woman. And the subtitles tell me that her song was written by Mac Davis, and I notice... wait... MAC DAVIS? Are you kidding me? North Dallas Forty? Smokey and the Bandit? Cannonball Run? (well, at least one of them Reynolds joints, anyway) Forget Lynyrd Bolton, the trailer park dude and forget that The Strokes guy, A former cheerleader with a Sideshow Bob hair dropping Mac Davis is rock. She forgets to have the requred beer in hand to sing Mac Davis, but it doesn't matter, management wants her out, so it will be done.

I go to get some ice cream, because I like ice cream, while talking to the driveway sealer guy on the phone, the wif screams out.. "Oh...My... God... Listen!"

I finish my call to the unmistakable sound of Freebird. Freebird. On American Idol. I'm upset for not seeing this coming. It should have been obvious but I will redeem myself later on. Stay tuned. Bolton sings it meh, and tries to stare at me, but he must have paid off the camera guy, because the camera always pans off just a little bit, just in time. Again, the required bottle of JD is missing, and so is the "what song is it you want to hear?".

Simon tells him that singing a "sacred song" blandly could turn off the young viewers, but as always, everything he says just flies over the heads of the other two judges.

Again, the order escapes me, because I let it, but the guy with the nappy dreads comes out and is forgettable, except for the observation that he must shop at Marshalls. Oh, yeah, and Ryan making an inappropriate comment about his muscles.

I think trach hole boy is next, and I'm really upset to see that management decided to show a picture of baby trach hole boy with his baby trach hole patch on. This is just cruel, crueler than having to listen to him sing. One thing.. his older brother in those pics looks like what the psycho guy from "The Hitcher" must have looked like as a kid.

Next is "baby V". I liked V, it's still on Sci-Fi at times, but I was fearful that she was going to fall over those steps, it sure looked like she was going to lose it.

Trailer park guy sang a song written by a guy who was sitting in the front row, because he's so brave and all, and wants us to know it. And he knows where to find you, too. Sorry, but that's not "brave", going into this year's draft without a starting Left Tackle is "brave".

Betty Crocker is next, and by singing Pat Benatar picks the wrong week to lose the big hair. And doesn't even wear a headband. She does a karate kick at the end. She is the chosen one.

And last. Just so you all know. I turned to the wif and said "Is this freak-show going to sing Queen?" F-all of you, God's honest truth! Not quite in those words, but I totally called it. Minus the flaming white rhine-stoned glam-suit, it didn't totally suck, if the camera work didn't cause you to pass out first. Lets just say that management found their foe for the country girl. It's obvious now. People who think Bolton is a real rocker also really,really hate this guy, as if there was some discernable credibility gap between the two. Hint: one is a professional wedding singer, and one is a professional reality-show contestant. I'd call that a wash.

i thought it was funny before Scott sang, he was saying (on the video clip) how he was the "real rocker" in the competition...then he sang a Hall & Oates ballad.

:doh:

303670[/snapback]

No kidding, Scott's act is really wearing thin on me. It seems as if we learn something new about him every single week. To recap:

1.) He's from the streets yo.

2.) He's had to overcome incredible odds and he's a survivor...yo.

3.) He chucked a phone at his girlfriend's head! Good times.

And this week we learned that...

4.) HE is the real rocker on the show!! Yeah whatever dude. Personally, I think he was a little too adamant about this on the video clip.

As long as I'm ranting about Scott, anyone else notice that his signature move is to extend his big, meaty paw of a hand toward the audience while singing? Something about that irks me. Don't know why.

AND, (I forgot to add this originally), I loved Hall & Oates reaction to Scott's trainwreck of a performance last night. Just shaking their heads in wonder and applauding furiously, giving him the thumbs up sign. Well what the hell were they going to do?? Say, "Sorry Scott...that rendition of our song was really pretty bad". I think they covered it up well though.

I think Constantine is higher than Paula this week. Crack? Ecstasy? And what's up with the eyeliner? My girlfriend is LHAO B-) .

309766[/snapback]

I agree, what's up with letting the stylist cut his hair and put highlights in it?!?

Regarding Paula, I think she mixed up her drugs tonight, she's way too sedate!!! :rolleyes: