East Carolina Fan LASHES out at Bills over Ryan Comment!

Vinaccia

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/12/buffalo_bills_coach_rex_ryan_got_east_carolina_fans_upset_this_week.html

Rex Ryan has a knack for getting a rise out of people.

Even this week when he's attempted to be subdued before the Buffalo Bills' Week 17 game against the New York Jets he slipped in a comment that got some people angry at him.

"But just to get a win, I don't care if we're playing East Carolina, you want to get a win, there's no question about it."

Ryan's dad Buddy made a similar comment when he has a head coach, noting that there are "No East Carolinas in the NFL."

As you might expect, East Carolina didn't take too kindly to the jab. According to WNCN in North Carolina, a former chair of the East Carolina Alumni Association, wrote Ryan an angry letter.

Mr. Ryan,

I find it ironic that you chose to follow your father's path with the "no East Carolina's" comment. Maybe you should share the records and the facts with him.

First of all, your father's record as a head coach in 8 seasons is .500. I can see why you are proud of him since your winning percentage is .482 in seven years. I can see that you have proudly followed in your father's footsteps with no conference championships in a combined 15 seasons.

As far as your team is concerned, in the last 16 seasons the Buffalo Bills have had two winning seasons with 9-7 records. Despite this great run, the Bills have failed to make the playoffs for 16 consecutive years....

I get the angry letter against Ryan, but I found it ridiculous he goes after the Bills record when Ryan hasn't been on this team long. Perhaps he should've mentioned the fact that Ryan got to two AFC Championship games in a row his first two seasons as the Jets head coach. Such a cheap shot.

Edited by Vinaccia

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/12/buffalo_bills_coach_rex_ryan_got_east_carolina_fans_upset_this_week.html

I get the angry letter against Ryan, but I found it ridiculous he goes after the Bills record when Ryan hasn't been on this team long. Perhaps he should've mentioned the fact that Ryan got to to AFC Championship games in a row his first two seasons as the Jets head coach. Such a cheap shot.

He clearly mentioned Rex's career record. HE went after the Bills record because Rex doesn't understand the irony of his statement....the Bills can be considered the East Carolina of the NFL.