Meanwhile…at Big Blue HQ

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy, huge Giants fan, is super pissed about the McAdoo hire. I don't really know much about him. What is the general public perception?

I heard a couple irate callers on WFAN today; but who did they want, Chip Kelly? Guy has done a good job with the offense, why not give him a shot?

My buddy, huge Giants fan, is super pissed about the McAdoo hire. I don't really know much about him. What is the general public perception?

green bay/QB coach for Rodgers. McCarthy coaching tree. Promoted to OC for Giants. Eli wanted him to be the HC and Eli just signed a huge contract so his endorsement likely a big factor. I think he's kind of green, and if they keep the DC too then getting rid of Coughlin makes it look like he was the problem.

I heard a couple irate callers on WFAN today; but who did they want, Chip Kelly? Guy has done a good job with the offense, why not give him a shot?

While I agree he has done well with the offense....

Clock management cost them multiple games this year. I can understand some fans being upset the he is receiving a promotion. Put it this way, if he is promoted and the DC stays the same, why get rid of coughlin? It could stand to reason that this will make the coaching staff worse not better which should be the idea in parting ways with your hc.

While I agree he has done well with the offense....

Clock management cost them multiple games this year. I can understand some fans being upset the he is receiving a promotion. Put it this way, if he is promoted and the DC stays the same, why get rid of coughlin? It could stand to reason that this will make the coaching staff worse not better which should be the idea in parting ways with your hc.

That aspect of the game was on the Head Coach Tom Coughlin.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to see Marrone embarrass himself out of the league just as much as the next guy for the way he disrespected Buffalo. But the fact is there are plenty of positives in the jags offensive numbers Marrone can point to on the interview trail. He can even present himself as a miracle worker. 32 to 10 in scoring offense. Bortles up more than 20 points in rating and near the top the league (35) in TD passes with Marrone and Hackett.

I don't picture Marrone interviewing well. My guess is he gets mad at the interviewer every 3rd question.

Not sure how this keeps happening, buuuuut Saint Doug being mentioned in the top tier of would-be candidates to replace Coughlin:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/12/30/who-would-be-the-candidates-to-replace-giants-coughlin/

Sean Payton and Doug Marrone mentioned for the same job... :blink:

Marrone has a really good agent and/or publicist. thats all.