Tyrod Taylor had a quietly spectacular day

PromoTheRobot

There are guys running routes every single play, and usually at least one of them is open.

Some of the play calling is puzzling, especially on third down.

I can agree with that but when I see 50 yard bombs on 3rd and 3, I think that is more on the QB than the OC. IMO TT could and needs to go elsewhere with the ball on a 3rd and 3, instead of a low % pass 50 yards down the field.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good read on Taylor Positives/Negatives and the tendency for fans to have to make declarations so soon

Tyrod Taylor Has Been a Diamond in the Rough for Buffalo Bills, But Knee Jerk Reactions Must Stop

http://buildingtheherd.com/commentary/tyrod-taylor-has-been-a-diamond-in-the-rough-for-buffalo-bills-but-knee-jerk-reactions-must-stop/

The bolded is very telling. Whether it is Roman or Tyrod or both, that needs to be worked on.

Roman only draws up he plays, it's up to TT to execute them. I have to believe there are guys running routes every single play, it's up to TT to get the ball to them.

If the rest of the league is going for 300 yards and a couple TDs a bunch of times every single week and everyone is playing each other yet our guy can't do it against the same competition, it's on him. Can't keep blaming our guys as being covered, or our OC stinks, or our defense stinks, or injuries etc. Backup scrubs are doing it weekly, our guy needs to be better, especially being behind late in games. Any QB would be racking up stats, not TT though. It's a throwing league and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

Yes and no, coaching is still involved. The glacier like 2 minute offense is pathetic. Take Philly, the entire 4th quarter there were opportunities and did not move the ball. The last possession started with a run!!!!! Then an incomplete pass, an offside and a stupid int on a long pass into double coverage when first downs were needed. Who called that play (and coaching tells you not to throw long)? Tom Brady and all qb's dink and dunk the last 2 minutes and move the ball. Long passes are only to players running free wide open...... That has to be coaching. The Bills needed only a FG for OT. Same vs. Jax with EJ, which shows to me, that it is more on Roman, as they barely moved the ball.

NE they moved it 33 yards in 2 mins!!!!! The KC game they got thte ball 2X in the fourth and didn't move the ball (and forgot Sammy Watkins was on the field),

Edited by Billsfan1972

Yes and no, coaching is still involved. The glacier like 2 minute offense is pathetic. Take Philly, the entire 4th quarter there were opportunities and did not move the ball. The last possession started with a run!!!!! Then an incomplete pass, an offside and a stupid int on a long pass into double coverage when first downs were needed. Who called that play (and coaching tells you not to throw long)? Tom Brady and all qb's dink and dunk the last 2 minutes and move the ball. Long passes are only to players running free wide open...... That has to be coaching. The Bills needed only a FG for OT. Same vs. Jax with EJ, which shows to me, that it is more on Roman, as they barely moved the ball.

NE they moved it 33 yards in 2 mins!!!!! The KC game they got thte ball 2X in the fourth and didn't move the ball (and forgot Sammy Watkins was on the field),

So your saying the OC calls a deep pattern on 3rd and 3 and TT must throw it there, or what, he's going to be benched, even if the TE, RB, or WR are open 6 yards down field? IMO it's TT decision where to go with the ball, the OC can only call the play, he can't make up TT mind once the play starts. It's more on the QB than anyone else IMO.

I think Roman tailors his game plans to the talent he has as well as any coach we have had. He is well aware of Ttrod's weaknesses and tries to avoid situations that highlight them. Taylor's best strengths are throwing deep and running. So Roman keeps him in situations that keep him in check. If Taylor was throwing more across the middle, his ints would rise.

It's the same thing he did with Alex Smith and Kaepernick. Roman had his flaws but I think he is a good coach.

I think Roman tailors his game plans to the talent he has as well as any coach we have had. He is well aware of Ttrod's weaknesses and tries to avoid situations that highlight them. Taylor's best strengths are throwing deep and running. So Roman keeps him in situations that keep him in check. If Taylor was throwing more across the middle, his ints would rise.

It's the same thing he did with Alex Smith and Kaepernick. Roman had his flaws but I think he is a good coach.

Alex Smith & Kaepernick is not what I want TT to aspire to. That unfortunately is a scary thought that he developed neither beyond their talents (Smith first pick & Kaepernick and his incredible physical ability).

You coach a QB to make good decisions in a 2 minute offense and Roman has not.

Alex Smith & Kaepernick is not what I want TT to aspire to. That unfortunately is a scary thought that he developed neither beyond their talents (Smith first pick & Kaepernick and his incredible physical ability).

You coach a QB to make good decisions in a 2 minute offense and Roman has not.

I think the best you hope for is a blend of both. Both of those guys were thoughts of as better prospects out of college. The hope is Taylor improves with more experience. But there also a chance this is his ceiling. Besides Wilson, the league catches up to mobile qb with more tape.

We will see.

So your saying the OC calls a deep pattern on 3rd and 3 and TT must throw it there, or what, he's going to be benched, even if the TE, RB, or WR are open 6 yards down field? IMO it's TT decision where to go with the ball, the OC can only call the play, he can't make up TT mind once the play starts. It's more on the QB than anyone else IMO.

I personallly think this is on Tyrod and Im a fan of his

Tyrod is aggressive in getting the ball down the field......he is going for the throat when he makes these throws

and part of his maturation process is taking the high percentage pass instead of trying to go for 7 every time he throws the ball

Still love his game