ESPN: An early look at the offseason QB Market

YoloinOhio

I could see this name coming to the Bills, although I don't really want to: Colin Kaepernick

A name not mentioned: what about RG III? He's obviously done with the Skins due to his contract amount, not to say Cousins development as well, but if the Bills could sign him at a reasonable cost, he would be a great back-up to Tyrod. They play similar styles. Just a Thought.

I would expect an add in FA and/or draft

If they're serious about this coaching staff, then they should give Roman a young QB of his choice to develop behind Tyrod, considering they believe EJ won't pan out.

There's a lot of QBs in this draft who have high potential, IMO, from Goff down to Doughty, that could be had within the first 3-4 rounds.

I could see this name coming to the Bills, although I don't really want to: Colin Kaepernick

A name not mentioned: what about RG III? He's obviously done with the Skins due to his contract amount, not to say Cousins development as well, but if the Bills could sign him at a reasonable cost, he would be a great back-up to Tyrod. They play similar styles. Just a Thought.

those two guys' names look much better in that fancy font

Kaep makes sense somewhat, but I'd rather see them start from scratch with a more well-rounded prospect and keep Tyrod as the unquestioned starter, rather than having Kaep and Tyrod compete, with only EJ and Dysert behind them.

Tyrod, rookie, and EJ/Dysert just seems like a better scenario. Focus on those guys and limit the drama.

Every one of these QB's comes with issues whether it's performance, behavior, age, just to name a few. Otherwise, why would they be available? For the Bills the big questions are do they think Tyrod has shown enough to consider him a solid starter going forward and what the team needs is a viable back up option? Or does the team need to bring in a free agent with the promise of an open competition for the starting job?

My biggest concern with the Bills is exactly who is going to make the evaluation on the QB situation? I don't have a lot of confidence they're get it right. Because looking at the teams track record for what seems like forever, they don't seem to have the skillset to sort things out when it comes to the QB position. The recent past is littered questionable decisions that even to the casual observer appeared to be wrong at the time. Such as, they picked EJ who in the 1st?

Every one of these QB's comes with issues whether it's performance, behavior, age, just to name a few. Otherwise, why would they be available? For the Bills the big questions are do they think Tyrod has shown enough to consider him a solid starter going forward and what the team needs is a viable back up option? Or does the team need to bring in a free agent with the promise of an open competition for the starting job?

My biggest concern with the Bills is exactly who is going to make the evaluation on the QB situation? I don't have a lot of confidence they're get it right. Because looking at the teams track record for what seems like forever, they don't seem to have the skillset to sort things out when it comes to the QB position. The recent past is littered questionable decisions that even to the casual observer appeared to be wrong at the time. Such as, they picked EJ who in the 1st?

i still think adding a vet FA (one who has experience and is not competing for a starting job, but can come in and play reasonably well in a pinch) and a rookie with starter potential (with some development) is the way to go. I don't know if the first exists but it would be a Hasselbeck type.

I'm comfortable with Tyrod and EJ heading into next year. Tyrod has definitely performed well, and other than 5 minutes against Jax, EJ has looked better this year than with Marrone. Both are probably growing comfortable with Roman's complicated system, as well.

The things we need to fix on this team are with defensive coaching, and defensive players, at this point. Again, imo, heh.

Lol. I think you're underselling it a bit...

Not really. He had us in position to win the game with 4 minutes to go, and our vaunted defense gave up the win. Not saying he's great, or even good. But as far as backups you could certainly do worse. Tyrod is stellar, EJ is a study nut, Roman's offense is pretty complicated... I'd rather head into next year with the same group for some growth and consistency for once. Realistically how much do you think we're going to spend on a similarly skilled 'vet' backup that would have to learn our system, and likely not be as mobile? I really don't think RGIII or Kaepernick are going to come here for cheap/no chance at starting.

Edited by Dorkington

Kaep makes sense somewhat, but I'd rather see them start from scratch with a more well-rounded prospect and keep Tyrod as the unquestioned starter, rather than having Kaep and Tyrod compete, with only EJ and Dysert behind them.

Tyrod, rookie, and EJ/Dysert just seems like a better scenario. Focus on those guys and limit the drama.

EJ is done with the Bills, whether we like it or not. Kaep and RGIII would want an opportunity to compete for starting job in TC. They are not going to come in for a backup position. There are plenty of teams that are QB needy.