Boobie reiterates what some of us knew...

The Big Cat

Takes big men to break the locker room code and go to the media. Sammy, Boobie and Mario should put this energy towards addressing the real issue rather than airing dirty laundry, but from a team that has absolutely no discipline on the field and no accountability to each other, I would expect nothing more.

Sammy has had about 7 drops this year -- stand up in front of the team and apologize for these -- take responsibility. Boobie's had a couple of stupid penalties on special teams-apologize for these -- use this an example of how they all can get better. This is leadership--not some rah rah **** but showing that when you hurt the team with your play it matters to you and you want to be held accountable. Sammie tried to do this in his comments -- but what he does in a private team setting will have more impact than anything he says to Tyler Dunne or Vic...

The defining moment of the season...The Redskins go for a fourth and one in the second quarter from mid-field knowing full well they will draw some idiot (in this case Stefan Charles) -- offside. A team meeting is great --- individual accountability to the team for your play because you respect your teammates and the team is better. Take the motivational speeches somewhere else...apologize to each other and start building a base of trust in one another that doesn't exist today.

This is about all Rex can do about the real issue..This !@#$ing Bills team never fights for that inch or each other...

Edited by JoeF

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No players took control of this team.

Folks, this is the opposite of the inmates running the asylum. This entirely obliterates the argument that Rex can't control his players. You can't control men who aren't willing/able to control themselves.

These are professional athletes.

These are grown men.

Spare me the babysitter excuse.

They had an opportunity to seize their own fate, and they failed:

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/22/the-bills-havent-had-any-players-only-meetings-this-season/

What half way competent coach loses control of his locker room since day one? Think of your favorite coaches in the NFL. Do you thing this could happen to them? To me it's inconceivable. This is on Rex. It was a horrible hire!

What we've learned from Sammy and Boobie is that cutting Fred was a huge mistake. Fred was the leader in that locker room, and there was no one to take over when he left. This is also an indictment of Tyrod Taylor, who should have been taking the reins, but clearly didn't. I said weeks ago that this team is rudderless and was roundly criticized for it. It appears now that the team IS rudderless. Credit to Sammy for stepping up, especially as a player in only his second year. Shame on the veterans in that locker room for putting Sammy in that position. Maybe we should just blow this **** up.

I thought the same. How the QB isn't leading players only meetings is baffling to me. QB puts in the most work on the roster, and is the leader of the huddle. I get he is getting his feet wet with the starting QB role, but the guy played with Ed Reed, Joe Flacco, and Ray Lewis. He's seen that type of leadership in action. I's be astounded if Flacco doesn't call offensive meetings. Astounded. I coached highschool kids who on off days or "rest" times during the offseason hold their own practices....granted those teenagers are national champions, and if they are not, are working their butts off to become one.

It should be noted, that I have never ever been an enforcer of a coach. I don't force anything on anybody. I simply revolve my programs around those that put out the most effort and have the highest level of accountability. The rest I pay literally zero attention to. Pulling players for bad plays or ruling with a really heavy hand does not necassarily correlate with strong leadership.

What people should realize after this season is that the talent on this team is overrated, they lack football smarts, lack leadership and accountability.

It's sad to see that the casuals are tearing Rex apart when the failure is mostly on the players here.

"The casuals"? Good to see a couple of the players trying to be accountable, but the bottom line is that Rex Ryan has failed this team as a head coach. It is the coach's responsibility to prepare a team for games and make sure that they are prepared. He has failed to do that. It is also a coach's job to understand the talent that he has on the roster and devise a system that enables that talent to play to it's strengths. He has also failed to do that by trying to force them into a system that they don't have the skill set to play, particularly on defense. The failures of this team fall squarely on the head coach.

Interesting that Fairburn published two articles that use the Graham's quotes, simultaneously. One blaming the late calls for the confusion, the other telling Mario to shut up and play.

Sounds like there was a massive failure to communicate in the organization.

I thought the same. How the QB isn't leading players only meetings is baffling to me. QB puts in the most work on the roster, and is the leader of the huddle. I get he is getting his feet wet with the starting QB role, but the guy played with Ed Reed, Joe Flacco, and Ray Lewis. He's seen that type of leadership in action. I's be astounded if Flacco doesn't call offensive meetings. Astounded. I coached highschool kids who on off days or "rest" times during the offseason hold their own practices....granted those teenagers are national champions, and if they are not, are working their butts off to become one.

Tyrod Taylor does hold offensive meeting to go over game film and talk about the offense. Says so right in the article.

He's doing a hell of a job of not calling him out publicly.

:D

Juvenile. You're embarrassing yourself.

You contribute virtually nothing except snark and sarcasm that's rarely, if ever, intelligent or constructive to conversation.

I don't get embarrassed around internet strangers.

Annnnnyway, Terry Pegula has to be absolutely livid reading about this stuff in the local papers.

It's a mess.

Edited by The Big Cat

Going out on a limb here: women are repulsed by you.

Hahahaha. Hah. Comic relief. Rex might be a genius; but he's said before the players aren't executing right. ITS YOUR JOB TO MAKE SURE THEY DO REX!!! The booth getting calls down late Is not acceptable. They did fix the replay system the week after; hopefully this gets back to Rex too. They look lost.