WR corps need to be overhauled

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really not that hard:

1) Keep Woods, he is solid and the nasty streak is a good thing — yes, he does need to mature, but what 22 year old doesn't?

2) Then either draft a big fast guy or go get a sold # two type in free agency.

It's really not that hard:

1) Keep Woods, he is solid and the nasty streak is a good thing — yes, he does need to mature, but what 22 year old doesn't?

2) Then either draft a big fast guy or go get a sold # two type in free agency.

1) keeping Woods is a good thing. Is he perfect? Nope. He is a two and plays with an attitude, can block,

And for everyone following the team for at least 20 years there have been far worse #2 receivers. Another

Off season with TT and the whole corp will see better results.

2) IMO solid #2 guys in FA either do not exsist, or are apporaching social security, injured too often.

Grow your own.

3) If the team goes and drafts another very good receiver, move Woods to #3 cut 7-11 and improve the position.

They need one more WR, Woods is fine, Hogan needs to go. They could use a small quick guy to run the underneath routes like an Amendola/Edelman type. Goodwing? Goodbye.

Clay helps too when he's healthy.

Hogan would be fine if he were in his right position: fourth or fifth WR.

I would not be surprised at all to see them target Mohamed Sanu in free agency.

He's a big guy (6'2", 215 lbs), can play on the boundary or in the slot, and can do some Wildcat-type stuff that Roman likes to have in his offense.

Overall though, the OP is correct: once Harvin went out, there wasn't anyone that could get open consistently within the 1st 3 steps of his route (other than Sammy, of course).

I like this idea. But I wonder what the strategy for FA will be. I believe Mario and McKelvin are out. Do the Bills take that money and focus on building the offense or re-tooling the defense? And we can't forget they need to focus on the o-line as well as #2 WR.

You can't have all star players at every position. Woods is a good receiver. More than adequate as a #2. He's been off the past few games, but the guy is tough and talented. The receivers are fine. We just don't have a QB that spreads the ball around. Not even blaming Tyrod for that. Part of that is scheme, part is his inexperience.

I'd rather the Bills spend resources (draft picks and/or money) on other positions of need.

Woods had over 100 yards in Philly. I think he doesn't have chemistry consistently with Tyrod. Agree it's an experience thing with our QB. Woods flashed a lot when EJ was the QB because they had chemistry. Now, for all that, I'm glad Tyrod is using the talents of Sammy Watkins, whereas in the beginning of the year he was hitting Harvin much more in the pass game.

I keep thinking about our WRs and think about Easley. He is listed as a WR and takes up a spot there. He is a beast on special teams, is a hitter, is fast, has decent hands, is big and tall. There must be a valid reason why coaches never seem to give him much chance at WR.

Has anyone ever considered trying him out at safety in addition to special teams and freeing up a slot for someone new at WR? We need help at safety and I wonder if he could work there. We know it sometimes works from recent Bills history.

Thoughts?

Against the Redskins TT threw to him on a zero route, he dropped it, though the play was dead due to Hogan's false start. Later on Hogan drops another pass.

We need players that can seize the little opportunities that are given to them on game days, otherwise they're useless.