We Need A Real QB

The_Dude

Look people, It's Cardale Jones or we're absolute morons.... Here's the grocery list: QB, Big target WR, LB/DE, TE, then everything else..

I'm not a Tyrod Taylor fan, but hey, -he's welcome to stay... I just HATE having a guy out there who thinks up reasons NOT to throw the damn football,

(Unless, of course, he's already down by 21 in the fourth... Then it's ok to start overthrowing wideouts by ten yards. :wallbash:) ..... Just give TT some competition.... If I'm right about C. Jones, he'll be giving Tyrod all he can handle.

Edited by #34fan

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't challenge that. I liked where the offense was heading. That said, in the final two weeks they were strong. That Dallas game was kept way closer than it had to be thanks to TWO redzone turnovers. Obviously the offense showed its potential to turn the corner in the Jets game too, but in the two games prior (Philly and WAS), meh, not so much.

I love how the offense is trending, but especially when you consider the massive FA holes they presently have at the OLine, my mode remains in "wait and see."

I hope we re-sign Glenn and Cognito. without them our Offense might plummet. remember pears and the 2014 season.

Couldn't have said it better myself. TT is a great athlete and a decent QB, but all he will do is guarantee mediocrity. One step forward, one step back. He will never be a consistent QB to win key playoffs games. And while he will make great plays, he will also get hurt because he is just too small to stay healthy, and will also never be consistent in the pocket which is the key to continued success. I just pray that this is not Ryan Fitzpatrick again. A decent QB who plays well for a while, then breaks your heart......

figured that out already?

I think folks need to NOT decide on Tyrod Taylor and be glad about what he did last year for the Bills.

Just cannot understand folks who have to define the negatives about the Bills.

"Fans" might be better served focusing on the positive aspects of the Team they profess to be rooting for.

Weird bunch of unhappy humans congregate here its seems at times. so much butt hurt cant see the sunrise coming over the meadow and lighting up the trees.

Go Tyrod and Go Bills !

Screw the naysayers and their horses too!

Look people, It's Cardale Jones or we're absolute morons.... Here's the grocery list: QB, Big target WR, LB/DE, TE, then everything else..

I'm not a Tyrod Taylor fan, but hey, -he's welcome to stay... I just HATE having a guy out there who thinks up reasons NOT to throw the damn football,

(Unless, of course, he's already down by 21 in the fourth... Then it's ok to start overthrowing wideouts by ten yards. :wallbash:) ..... Just give TT some competition.... If I'm right about C. Jones, he'll be giving Tyrod all he can handle.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/09/20/ohio-state-buckeyes-cardale-jones-twitter-bio-second-string

He got benched twice?

what about this? how good is he? what is his expected round/pick# to go at?

figured that out already?

I think folks need to NOT decide on Tyrod Taylor and be glad about what he did last year for the Bills.

Just cannot understand folks who have to define the negatives about the Bills.

"Fans" might be better served focusing on the positive aspects of the Team they profess to be rooting for.

Weird bunch of unhappy humans congregate here its seems at times. so much butt hurt cant see the sunrise coming over the meadow and lighting up the trees.

Go Tyrod and Go Bills !

Screw the naysayers and their horses too!

Agree with this statement. on the Money.

Dude ... I'm not comparing Tyrod to any past QB, just saying that two of the Bills best QB's EVER, Jim Kelly and Joe Ferguson, hardly had stellar first years. Ferguson handed off to OJ and thre 10-15 times a game, but as the 70s wore on he became a gunslinger and a terrific QB. Kelly didn't have a breakout year until 1988 when we won our first AFC EAST crown. Taylor had a terrific year considering in training camp it was a three-headed monster and Greg Roman kept the reigns pretty tight. He also lost a huge option like Harvin early in the year and Shady missed a fair amount of games.

I'm not sure if he is real or not, but your logic is pretty faulty.

QB A is Tyrod Taylor

QB B is......Tom Brady?

EDIT: wow it is Tom Brady.....thats good company to be in for 1st year starters who both sat and learned before starting...some might say Tyrod had a better 1st starting season with a much lesser team too...you know a team that didnt even make the playoffs compared to a Super Bowl winning team*...spygate and all...

Very good sir, it is indeed SuperBowl winning first year QB Tom Brady. TT beats him in every single significant stat except for 1 with 1 fewer game and 33 fewer attempts. I'd hold back on the Taylor bashing until we actually see him run the first team offense for all of training camp. Maybe we get him a big possession receiver as well. We'll know all we need to know by the end of next year for sure.

Edited by Billsfansince90

I'm encouraged by his statistical consistency. He didn't have the Jake Plummer-like erraticism where he'd throw for 400 yards and 4Tds against a contender only to throw up several stink bombs to a bottom dweller a week later. Taylor had some solid outputs against some very valid Defenses (Houston, KC, NYJ, to name a few) and I'm much more confortable with steady in a first year QB than flash in the pan brilliance. As Roman starts to unleash him more he should get more comfortable exhausting all of his progressions (rather than just one or two) before breaking the pocket. I'd like to see him improve his footwork in the pocket (some of that is timing, trust, and chemistry with his current O-line), his progressions, and his passes in the seem. He's accurate on short slants, outs, curls, and is excellent at leading the receiver out of the backfield. He'll be a great YAC QB if he continues to develop. His deep ball is also second to almost none already with very little effort. He needs to hit posts, pops, ins and deep crosses with more consistency. Alex Smith, Tom Brady, and even Ryan Fitzpatrick were QBs that stuck out to me against the Bills where they would rifle a post pattern ball between two guys and I would just say, man I hope Tyrod can learn that one. It maybe a reason why he threw so few picks as well. Next year if he can crack 3700 and 27-30 TDs I will be encouraged to think he's the real deal. All that plus his running ability.

Very good sir, it is indeed SuperBowl winning first year QB Tom Brady. TT beats him in every single significant stat except for 1 with 1 fewer game and 33 fewer attempts. I'd hold back on the Taylor bashing until we actually see him run the first team offense for all of training camp. Maybe we get him a big possession receiver as well. We'll know all we need to know by the end of next year for sure.

Agree 100% but thats cuz I been team Tyrod since the 2nd pre-season game. Even got his jersey after week 2 the OFFICIAL NFL ELITE big boy jerseys with the name, logo, and numbers sowed on for less then $28 bucks, I got the hook up at the factory so if anyone wants the elite Bills jerseys, past players, custom, or present players that NFL.com would charge you $300 for just PM me and ill send you the info. no bull **** ill even provide pics of my jersey up close with the official NFL tags and all and a 1990s Bills era ear warmer/headband to prove its really me), no spam just helping my fellow Bills fans out so dont you dare crucify me, or report me for this cuz Im doing this out of goodwill and Billiever homer fandom I get nothing out of it other then helping out my Bills brothers, (I'm prob gonna buy Darbys jersey this summer).

Anyways with an upgrade at RT assuming we keep Glenn and Cog, and a Big target WR 2 hes gonna be dangerous. I understand the pessimism/bashing from others have bc they are traumatized with good reason for the past 10 years. I hope they run the 2 minute drill early and often this off season and start forcing him (in off season and pre-season) to call his own plays or audibles at the line like Elway or Manning on those drives to really develop him into a closer and shut those fans up, cuz they do have a point but they forget no QB has been a closer in their 1st starting season.

I'm encouraged by his statistical consistency. He didn't have the Jake Plummer-like erraticism where he'd throw for 400 yards and 4Tds against a contender only to throw up several stink bombs to a bottom dweller a week later. Taylor had some solid outputs against some very valid Defenses (Houston, KC, NYJ, to name a few) and I'm much more confortable with steady in a first year QB than flash in the pan brilliance. As Roman starts to unleash him more he should get more comfortable exhausting all of his progressions (rather than just one or two) before breaking the pocket. I'd like to see him improve his footwork in the pocket (some of that is timing, trust, and chemistry with his current O-line), his progressions, and his passes in the seem. He's accurate on short slants, outs, curls, and is excellent at leading the receiver out of the backfield. He'll be a great YAC QB if he continues to develop. His deep ball is also second to almost none already with very little effort. He needs to hit posts, pops, ins and deep crosses with more consistency. Alex Smith, Tom Brady, and even Ryan Fitzpatrick were QBs that stuck out to me against the Bills where they would rifle a post pattern ball between two guys and I would just say, man I hope Tyrod can learn that one. It maybe a reason why he threw so few picks as well. Next year if he can crack 3700 and 27-30 TDs I will be encouraged to think he's the real deal. All that plus his running ability.

Agree, if he hits those posts and short slants with consistency a lot more, steps up in the pocket with trust, and gets the timing on those routes down his 3rd conversion rate is gonna sky rocket, just look at his wk1 and wk 4 games and then play his week 17 game and look at his progression of moving the sticks stepping up in the pocket and hitting the short throws on 3rd down to move the ball, the evidence is there, I think it was "Hopeful" who saw the all 22 confirming this. One thing he also really needs to work on is the 2 minute drill they need to make him run through that every practice in the off-season so he can be the closer this team needs him to be after Ryan handicapped the defense.

TT is not "slight" he is short

Hopefully that gave him short man complex pushing him to get better and be better then the rest to compensate for the height issue. lol