Ted Cruz

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard him on Adam Carolla. Sounds pretty good. Why not?

Sure. Let's hire a lawyer, professor and one term Senator to be the President. What could go wrong?

Edit: In my opinion one of the legitimate criticisms of President Obama is the fact that his resume wasn't really up to par. He had never actually had to get something done before. He's great at giving speeches, inspiring people and getting elected, but doesn't appear to have the leadership abilities required to bring people together to get things done -- I, personally, won't ever make that mistake again. Unfortunately, it eliminates almost everyone in the field for me, but, I couldn't, in good conscience, ever cast a vote for Ted Cruz in 2016. His resume doesn't work for me, independent of any personal political agreement or disagreement.

Edited by jjamie12

Sure. Let's hire a lawyer, professor and one term Senator to be the President. What could go wrong?

Edit: In my opinion one of the legitimate criticisms of President Obama is the fact that his resume wasn't really up to par. He had never actually had to get something done before. He's great at giving speeches, inspiring people and getting elected, but doesn't appear to have the leadership abilities required to bring people together to get things done -- I, personally, won't ever make that mistake again. Unfortunately, it eliminates almost everyone in the field for me, but, I couldn't, in good conscience, ever cast a vote for Ted Cruz in 2016. His resume doesn't work for me, independent of any personal political agreement or disagreement.

That's the biggest knock on Cruz & Rubio. People should remember why Senators are rarely elected to the White House, and last seven years should have sealed that question.

That's the biggest knock on Cruz & Rubio. People should remember why Senators are rarely elected to the White House, and last seven years should have sealed that question.

At least Cruz shows some depth of thought and learning thru observation, unlike rubio who's jut full of hollow sound bites like "so it sounds like you want to lead from behind".

I agree.

But unlike the Community Organizer, Senator Cruz did have a few other positions.

Between 1999 and 2003, Cruz was the director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission,

an associate deputy attorney general at the United States Department of Justice,

He served as Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 to 2008, after being appointed by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott.

I agree.

But unlike the Community Organizer, Senator Cruz did have a few other positions.

Between 1999 and 2003, Cruz was the director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission,

an associate deputy attorney general at the United States Department of Justice,

He served as Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 to 2008, after being appointed by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott.

I have a natural bias against lawyers taking up executive positions with no prior history of running organizations and having budget and managerial responsibilities.

I have a natural bias against lawyers taking up executive positions with no prior history of running organizations and having budget and managerial responsibilities.

I tend to agree with you on this. My preference for a presidential candidate is usually someone who is a former Governor, but since none are currently front-runners, Cruz is my favorite at this point. Maybe it's a Texas bias, but I'm with B-man on this for exactly the reasons he listed.

I tend to agree with you on this. My preference for a presidential candidate is usually someone who is a former Governor, but since none are currently front-runners, Cruz is my favorite at this point. Maybe it's a Texas bias, but I'm with B-man on this for exactly the reasons he listed.

And pretty much everything Cruz railed against Obama for proved to be correct. He isn't afraid to stand up for his principles

He's creepy

As much as it pains me to agree with you, I do. Cruz gives me the heebie jeebies. Just my visceral reaction.

On the issues, as the guy who lead the charge to default on the debt, he seems incapable of making necessary compromises that effective leaders make. See Barack Obama.

Edited by Observer