Fed Raises Rate

Tiberius

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correct, but congress does have oversight

They do have some oversight p, but even that does not make them a federal agency or part of the us government by any definition, something Gator has failed to see for months. His logic was they are part of the federal government because their name has the word federal in it.

The Fed is a private entity, sets its own policies without any say from Congress or any branch of the us government, and as we've seen when fed chairs testify before congress, they don't have to divulge their methods, what they do with the money or where it goes to the US government or the tax payers... Because they are a private entity.

But they do get to stick the tax payers with the bill for their own !@#$ ups -- which is lovely for them.

They do have some oversight p, but even that does not make them a federal agency or part of the us government by any definition, something Gator has failed to see for months. His logic was they are part of the federal government because their name has the word federal in it.

The Fed is a private entity, sets its own policies without any say from Congress or any branch of the us government, and as we've seen when fed chairs testify before congress, they don't have to divulge their methods, what they do with the money or where it goes to the US government or the tax payers... Because they are a private entity.

But they do get to stick the tax payers with the bill for their own !@#$ ups -- which is lovely for them.

Private might be the wrong adjective here, they are not private as we understand it as it pertains to "ownership". No one own the Federal Reserve and as we've said it is subject to oversight by the US Congress, but the policy decisions are I guess "private" or "undisclosed" to congress and the public in general. I have come to understand it as independent within the government, but it is certainly not privately owned, I think people confuse it as private because the reserve banks issue shares, and I think national banks are required to be members and own stock, so people believe for profit banks own a piece of the Federal Reserve bank- but I don't think it is like common or preferred stock in any way.

People are very suspicious of the FR, but I find know really nothing about it or what's it created purpose is.

Oh no, as I have proved time and again, the are a Federal Agency with a private aspect to them

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_12799.htm

The Federal Reserve, like many other central banks, is an independent government agency but also one that is ultimately accountable to the public and the Congress

that is one of the biggest misconceptions

correct, but congress does have oversight

I'm sorry, what is the misconception?

The Federal Reserve is not a part of the US government, it's not a government agency.

Griffin's writings promote conspiracy theories about the political and health care systems. His book World Without Cancer argues that cancer is a nutritional deficiency that can be cured by consuming amygdalin, a view regarded as quackery by the medical community.[1][3][4] He is an HIV/AIDS denialist, supports the 9/11 Truth movement, and supports John F. Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories.[1] He believes Noah's Ark is located in Turkey at the Durupınar site.[5]

Private might be the wrong adjective here, they are not private as we understand it as it pertains to "ownership". No one own the Federal Reserve and as we've said it is subject to oversight by the US Congress, but the policy decisions are I guess "private" or "undisclosed" to congress and the public in general. I have come to understand it as independent within the government, but it is certainly not privately owned, I think people confuse it as private because the reserve banks issue shares, and I think national banks are required to be members and own stock, so people believe for profit banks own a piece of the Federal Reserve bank- but I don't think it is like common or preferred stock in any way.

People are very suspicious of the FR, but I find know really nothing about it or what's it created purpose is.

I suggest doing some reading and research. What you'll find might surprise you.

Check out the book the Creature from Jekyll Island.

Griffin's writings promote conspiracy theories about the political and health care systems. His book World Without Cancer argues that cancer is a nutritional deficiency that can be cured by consuming amygdalin, a view regarded as quackery by the medical community.[1][3][4] He is an HIV/AIDS denialist, supports the 9/11 Truth movement, and supports John F. Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories.[1] He believes Noah's Ark is located in Turkey at the Durupınar site.[5]

None of that makes his academic work on the Fed any more or less truthful. Nor is he the only academic who acknowledges the Federal Reserve is not a part of the US Government... Something you'd realize if you did the homework for yourself rather than sticking to the erroneous position that the Federal Reserve is an agency or branch of the government because it's what you "know" to be the truth. Remember when you "knew" no Europeans ever owned guns before? Yeah, this is like that.

You're wrong. You've been wrong since the start.

None of that makes his academic work on the Fed any more or less truthful. Nor is he the only academic who acknowledges the Federal Reserve is not a part of the US Government... Something you'd realize if you did the homework for yourself rather than sticking to the erroneous position that the Federal Reserve is an agency or branch of the government because it's what you "know" to be the truth. Remember when you "knew" no Europeans ever owned guns before? Yeah, this is like that.

You're wrong. You've been wrong since the start.

:lol:

Being able to laugh at yourself when you say stupid things is a good first step, Gator. Maybe there's hope for you yet.

Being able to laugh at yourself when you say stupid things is a good first step, Gator. Maybe there's hope for you yet.

None of that refutes the notion that the Federal Reserve isn't a part of the US government in any sense. It's not a branch of the government, it's not an agency. You're wrong and continue to be wrong.

Would people be more trusting of the federal reserve if it was run by a computer?

The Federal Reserve isn't evil or nefarious by its nature. It's just motivated by its own self interests above all else. Most of the time those self interests correspond nicely with what the people of the US and its government want. A booming economy is good for everyone.

The problem arises when the Fed must choose between protecting itself (ie the private banking system) or the tax payers. If you believe Gator's misconceptions about how the Fed works, the Fed should act in the best interests of the US tax payers. And yet, each and every time in history when such a choice has arisen, the Fed has chosen to protect its own self interests (ie the private banks that make up the Fed) and sticks the tax payer with the bill. Why? Because the system is rigged. When the economy goes bust it's not the Fed who pays the bill (and even if they did, they'd only be paying it off in Federal Reserve notes -- that's called irony), it's the US tax payer.

We saw this in 2008, we will see it again.

The Federal Reserve isn't evil or nefarious by its nature. It's just motivated by its own self interests above all else. Most of the time those self interests correspond nicely with what the people of the US and its government want. A booming economy is good for everyone.

The problem arises when the Fed must choose between protecting itself (ie the private banking system) or the tax payers. If you believe Gator's misconceptions about how the Fed works, the Fed should act in the best interests of the US tax payers. And yet, each and every time in history when such a choice has arisen, the Fed has chosen to protect its own self interests (ie the private banks that make up the Fed) and sticks the tax payer with the bill. Why? Because the system is rigged. When the economy goes bust it's not the Fed who pays the bill (and even if they did, they'd only be paying it off in Federal Reserve notes -- that's called irony), it's the US tax payer.

We saw this in 2008, we will see it again.

Who would be most hurt if the largest banks collapse?