Has JP Spoken up?

mcjeff215

Wondering if our new guy has made any comments considering the day's events...

242532[/snapback]

This is REALLY want I want to hear. Id love to hear his first comments in the face of controversy. I hope he proves the nay sayers wrong and takes the high road.

I agree with most here... it isn't time for him to say anything...

I want him to do his talking on the field... winning games... Besides, it'll just be a lot of cliche and we'll rehash that he was cocky in college topic all over again.

This thread begs for the famous Marv Levy quote regarding your actions "speaking" so loudly that noone can hear what you say.

This is a great time for JPL to say absolutely nothing. Keep the trap zipped shut, firmly shut. And he just needs to be doing exactly what Wyche says. All day, all night, day in, day out, just learn from Sam.

Wyche needs to own JPL for the next 6 months. Simply own him and stay on top of him like a helicopter parent (aka a hovering presence).

As stated earlier there is nothing JPL can say that would make him sound smart. JPL needs to show his teammates that he is working for the starting job, not like it has been handed to him.

I would like to hear how he handles himself now, but I don't view this as a "controversy". They gave up allot to get him in the 1st round. I for one expected him to be the starter this coming year and Bledsoe gone.

Let the kid talk. I like the way he's come off in the media before the draft when some were having baby elephants over his comments. He said nothing disrespectful then, and I'm sure he won't now.

JPL (Just Play Large) :)

I would like to hear how he handles himself now, but I don't view this as a "controversy". They gave up allot to get him in the 1st round. I for one expected him to be the starter this coming year and Bledsoe gone.

Let the kid talk. I like the way he's come off in the media before the draft when some were having baby elephants over his comments. He said nothing disrespectful then, and I'm sure he won't now.

JPL (Just Play Large)  :)

242889[/snapback]

Bledsoe came off great in the media. And his subsequent correlation between his ability to handle himself in the media and producing wins and a SB appearance did not exist.

Who cares how JPL sounds or looks or whatever. We want him to win games. Therefore, he needs to be quiet, very very quiet.

Bledsoe came off great in the media.  And his subsequent correlation between his ability to handle himself in the media and producing wins and a SB appearance did not exist.

Who cares how JPL sounds or looks or whatever.  We want him to win games.  Therefore, he needs to be quiet, very very quiet.

242897[/snapback]

This kid is now named the starter of an NFL team. NFL!!! STARTER!!! He's been gunning for this all his life, and now people want him to be quiet??

He's a great speaker. I'm sick of the whole monotone, cliche' filled lip service that "classy" guys like Bledsoe give. I'm not saying go trash DB, but I'd love to hear him say "This is my team now, I'm going to be the leader of that Offense, both vocally and in my playing." Anyone remember a fellow by the name of Jim Kelly?

We need intensity like that, from the get-go.