NHLPA doesn't even appologize to the fans...

A reporter asked Goodenow if he owed the fans an apology stating that was the first thing which Bettman did in his news confernece. Goodenow said he feels bad for the fans but it was the NHL that locked them out, and it isn't the players fault. Therefore the NHL should apologize, not them.

242359[/snapback]

bottom right corner! Old school sabres!

FYI, since a lot of you are hockey fans, if you want to contribute to this guy's project, here is the info:

REQUIREMENTS:

>The picture must show your face and the logo of the jersey. (Vintage ok, but current styles preferred.)

>Group shots are fine, as long as they meet criteria

>No obscene gestures or suggestive signs or any of that.

WHERE WILL THIS BE SEEN?

>A poster will be sent to Commisioner Gary Bettman, NHLPA head Bob Goodenow, and when the announcement is made, at a candlelight vigil outside HP Pavilion at San Jose. My Sharks site, the Teal Town Zone located at http://www.tealtownzone.com will remain blank and show only the finalized poster in a desktop wallpaper size.

>Media outlets will also likely show this when the season is cancelled and distributed to be a part of their stories.

>the wallpaper will be sent via email to TSN, CBC, ESPN, and Rogers SportsNet to show in their reports.

>I am emailing a copy to ESPN's John Buccigross and Darren Pang in hopes they mention it in their next column AND hopefully, be a part of it.

So PLEASE get the word out! Send pictures to:

e-mail: Puckguy14@aol.com and put "NHL Lockout Picture" in the subject head.

IMs:

AOL/AIM: Puckguy14

Yahoo!: Puckguy14

MSN: Puckguy14@hotmail.com (DO NOT EMAIL PICS TO THE HOTMAIL ADDRESS!)

Just remember... Who are they REALLY locking out? and if they do cancel, THANKS FOR NOTHING!

A reporter asked Goodenow if he owed the fans an apology stating that was the first thing which Bettman did in his news confernece. Goodenow said he feels bad for the fans but it was the NHL that locked them out, and it isn't the players fault. Therefore the NHL should apologize, not them.

242359[/snapback]

Hey Goodenow :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: . When you say it's not your fault, think about this......Why are they locking you out? Because you and the players are living in some dream world.

God this is pissing me off! :huh:

and here is what is on the website. He is shocked, shocked I say, that the season is cancelled. Ya know what, I dont doubt they thought the owners would cave. This has gotta be a big punch in the gut to that knucklehead

I had hoped we would never see the NHL owners and their commissioner do the unthinkable and cancel an entire NHL season, but unfortunately Gary Bettman and the owners did exactly that today,” - NHLPA Executive Director, Bob Goodenow.

http://www.nhlpa.com/

Maybe it is a Canadian thing but where did the NHLPA learn to spell canceled? Front page of their website in big orange print.

242396[/snapback]

Can you believe this is the quote they chose to put on their website. Almost admitting that they never thought the owners would go this far, therefor why bargain in good faith when you know the other party will back down

A guy one another forum that I read is putting together a large poster collage to send to the NHL front office...to see his current progress, check it out at:

http://www.tealtownzone.com/

242361[/snapback]

I emailed him this picture of me and my buddy when I was wearing my Alexander Mogilny jersey. Gotta represent the blue and gold.

242359[/snapback]

It wasn't Goodenow that answered it was one of the executive commitee of players that were seated at the table at the front of the room with him.

This to me however makes it even worse that the apology was merely a pointing of the finger.

Goodenow did exactly what he did in 1992 & 1994. He bluffed all the way to the end thinking the owners would cave in just like they did twice before. This time he was wrong. All three times he was an idiot from the get go. How this guy is a lawyer and in charge of the NHLPA and isn't working the fryer at a McD's somewhere is beyond me.

To use a poker analogy, Goodenow bluffed and went all in with a pair of deuces and the owners called with a Royal Flush.

Barry Melrose said he couldn't believe 690 players let 7 players (The NHLPA "Executive " Council which is made up of 7 NHL Players representing the other 23 player reps and the other 690 players and includes Trevor Linden, Bob Boughner, Vincent Damphousse, Daniel Alfredsson, Bill Guerin, Trent Klatt and Arturs Irbe) and a half-wit lawyer decide their fate. They would not let the players vote on any of the NHL proposals. Morons. Total Morons.