Scott Weiland dead at 48.

The Big Cat

Whoever the tour manager/band managers were, they oversaw 2 members of this band overdosing and dying in less than 8 months. the excuses they put out this year on his behalf, and supporting the "he hasn't used in years" storyline was tragic to watch in the moment.

I'm not saying taking him off the road would've fixed it, but I do seriously doubt his handlers cared about his well being at all the last year or two.

Sounds like they wanted to get the last dollar they could out of him.

Scott Weiland was one of the few, true rock and roll front men in the history of rock.

Amazing writer, amazing vocalist, amazing stage presence. Nothing pretentious about him. The real deal.

This is incredibly sad, but I'm glad he's no longer in pain. RIP, Weiland. Thanks for giving my generation some of the best anyone will ever see or hear.

That was great.

This struck me: Our once sweet Catholic boy refused to watch the kids participate in Christmas Eve plays because he was now an atheist.

AA, NA, etc. are based on having faith in a higher power. A guy I worked with is a big time Atheist. His friend, a rock and roller, was addicted to drugs. He eventually died, and reminds me very much of Scott W.

I asked my Atheist friend if his friend had the same feelings about God, and, if so, what he thought about NA, which he went to..............He said "he hated, hated, hated the god aspect"

Unfortunately, for him and Scott, the God aspect is the whole thing. Over the years, I would read about Weiland's relapses and things he said, and I'd think He's not doing anything spiritually at all.