S. Henderson vs KC

BackInDaDay

Henderson had a total of 4 plays where he did not handle his assignment well.

1. 1st Qtr 4:33 - bull rush by LB Houston

description - rush didn't impact Taylor, who remained in the pocket and completed a 14 yard pass downfield

2. 2nd Qtr 13:35 - flagged for holding

description - after engaging his man for over 4 seconds, Henderson grabbed him as Taylor abandoned the pocket to scramble right

3. 2nd Qtr 3:37 - speed rush by LB Hali

description - rush didn't impact Taylor, who remained in the pocket and completed a 33 yard pass downfield

4. 3rd Qtr 9:50 - speed rush by LB Hali

description - Hali strip / sacked Taylor

overall, Henderson pass blocked well - often left in 1:1 assignments, he kept his side of the pocket clean. when needed, he comfortably picked up the one stunt the Chiefs ran at his side. his run blocking was also solid, including combos where he worked to the LBs.

This is the play in the 2nd quarter, where Henderson was flagged for the hold.

This shot is 3/4 seconds after the snap. note the clean pocket, and passing lane to Watkins running a crossing pattern downfield.

post-9071-0-74076500-1449084549_thumb.jpg

this is that same moment from the endzone.

post-9071-0-50577500-1449084549_thumb.jpg

this is 4/5 seconds after the snap.. when Taylor has begun to abandon the pocket - past Henderson's man.

post-9071-0-15566900-1449084549_thumb.jpg

yes, the Hali play in the 3rd resulted in a turnover - but after watching every offensive play of this game, i think Henderson played well - doing everything he was asked to do.

i don't understand why some of you keep repeating things you hear, without investigating the truth behind the rhetoric.

for those of you who do attempt to find the truth, i give you credit for that - but if you think Henderson's play vs KC was more negative than positive, you don't know what you're looking at.

description - rush didn't impact Taylor, who remained in the pocket and completed a 14 yard pass downfield

description - after engaging his man for over 4 seconds, Henderson grabbed him as Taylor abandoned the pocket to scramble right

description - rush didn't impact Taylor, who remained in the pocket and completed a 33 yard pass downfield

overall, Henderson pass blocked well - often left in 1:1 assignments, he kept his side of the pocket clean. when needed, he comfortably picked up the one stunt the Chiefs ran at his side. his run blocking was also solid, including combos where he worked to the LBs.

This shot is 3/4 seconds after the snap. note the clean pocket, and passing lane to Watkins running a crossing pattern downfield.

2qtr1335-med.jpg

2qtr1335back-med.jpg

this is 4/5 seconds after the snap.. when Taylor has begun to abandon the pocket - past Henderson's man.

2qtr1335back2-med.jpg

yes, the Hali play in the 3rd resulted in a turnover - but after watching every offensive play of this game, i think Henderson played well - doing everything he was asked to do.

i don't understand why some of you keep repeating things you hear, without investigating the truth behind the rhetoric.

for those of you who do attempt to find the truth, i give you credit for that - but if you think Henderson's play vs KC was more negative than positive, you don't know what you're looking at.

Good info. It's important to note that TT holds onto the ball forever at this point in his career which means they all have to hold their blocks Forever. It's a tougher job than other OLs have with more experienced QBs.

Good info. It's important to note that TT holds onto the ball forever at this point in his career which means they all have to hold their blocks Forever. It's a tougher job than other OLs have with more experienced QBs.

here's the Houston bull rush in the 1st qtr - the hit came from Hali after beating Clay on our left side -

post-9071-0-06403000-1449092059_thumb.jpg

post-9071-0-66807300-1449092058_thumb.jpg

post-9071-0-35315900-1449092058_thumb.jpg

I agree with the previous poster who said Tyrod holds on to the ball too long. Any offensive lineman can't be expected to pass block for more than 3 seconds. Does anybody have stats on Tyrod's length of time holding the ball?

its usually 1-2-3 and then me screaming "THROW IT!" At the TV ...So unofficially 5.1 seconds on average :lol:

I'm a fan of TT but he's definitely still in the development stage so we just don't have the benefit of a seasoned vet who has been in the same system for years and knows exactly what to do and where to go with the ball in 2 seconds.

Edited by YoloinOhio

its usually 1-2-3 and then me screaming "THROW IT!" At the TV ...So unofficially 5.1 seconds on average :lol:

I'm a fan of TT but he's definitely still in the development stage so we just don't have the benefit of a seasoned vet who has been in the same system for years and knows exactly what to do and where to go with the ball in 2 seconds.

guess somebody has to go back to earlier games to see when his aversion to the middle of the field began.. because his skipping past those is becoming a tendency that DCs will make note of. it's not just the horizontal routes, it's the seams, too. strange.

guess somebody has to go back to earlier games to see when his aversion to the middle of the field began.. because his skipping past those is becoming a tendency that DCs will make note of. it's not just the horizontal routes, it's the seams, too. strange.

the all-22 showed one throw he made to the MOF. but also pointed out 3 of his 4 INTs this season were to MOF. Edited by YoloinOhio

the all-22 showed one throw he made to the MOF. but also pointed out 3 of his 4 INTs this season were to MOF.

well, there's that.. ;) the thing is, Roman's still threatening the center, and guys are coming free - so the expectation is there to make the plays. let's hope it just as simple as him not developing a sense of anticipation on these, yet - because i do like the skills he brings

well, there's that.. ;) the thing is, Roman's still threatening the center, and guys are coming free - so the expectation is there to make the plays. let's hope it just as simple as him not developing a sense of anticipation on these, yet - because i do like the skills he brings

for all we know, Roman is ripping him a new one in film study for that reason. Must drive him nuts!

attachicon.gif2qtr1335-med.jpg

attachicon.gif2qtr1335back-med.jpg

attachicon.gif2qtr1335back2-med.jpg

well , you have ruined it for me.

I was getting a crusade going .

Attack on the Castle averted.

This time....

It's a concern. Thats why i am firm about him trusting the pocket to break away cleanly and him to step up and see the field. Those guys have given him that more than one occasion of late.

If Woods make an easy catch that hit him the chest with no one within 10 yards of him this never happens on the next play.

Soo Taylor can read? and adjust?

I don't know, but it seems like every time I see the endzone views of Taylor in the pocket, he has ample space in a good passing lane to see the play develop and he just won't pull the trigger on open receivers crossing the middle. Too many plays left on the field to call him a good QB at this point.

GO BILLS!!!

attachicon.gif2qtr1335-med.jpg

attachicon.gif2qtr1335back-med.jpg

attachicon.gif2qtr1335back2-med.jpg

Thank you for being the voice of reason and saving me the time to do this.

There are certain posters here and media members (e.g., Joe B) who have had a crusade going.

Thank you for being the voice of reason and saving me the time to do this.

There are certain posters here and media members (e.g., Joe B) who have had a crusade going.

np.. i can understand how some walk away from viewing a game with an 'impression' that this player performed well, and this one didn't.. but it's not called "coach's film" for nothing.