18 vs 11

Thefan89

First post on here in a really long time

With the game looming large on Monday night I have a really strong feeling the if the bills play a close game we are not only playing the pats but the 7 officials too. I feel that there will be at least 3 times the bills get the pats to a 3rd and long, only to see them get the 1st down because of some questionable call from the refs. When this happens the pats always seem to find the end-zone. With the game in NE there is no way this does not happen. what do you think fellow bills fans.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Thefan89

I know what you mean - even in last week's Pats* win over the Giants - when Giants DB dropped the late 4th Quarter Interception - I thought - this is going to allow the bad guys to pull off a win and they did...

Seems like some of those kind of Plays were happening to us Thursday when the Jets were catching up - but was so pumped that we turned it around - Stopping them on the 4th Down in the Red Zone was one of those plays! McCoy's Runs and Rambos's Pick! We Stepped Up Bigger!

I am not sure what is going to happen - but in talking to some Bills Brothers at dinner last night - if we can't get to hit Brady - we should flood the middle and have D Line get our hands up ~ it can be enough to disrupt the timing of the quick throw.

Refs can't screw with us for Pass Interference once we tip a pass.

Couldn't agree more, if the game is held to just 3 Bad calls in favor of NE* we will be lucky. They constantly get away with holding, hands to the face, illegal formations, illegal contact, etc... Just to name a few. Someone posted on another thread that there were something like 13 missed obvious calls (mostly holding) against Jerry Hughes alone the last time we played them.

Funny

Yeah, the Bills have been the better team, but the Refs have robbed them every time.

No one's saying that, troll, but every Bills fan can name you chapter and verse of a fairly large number of games where the Pats* have gotten the benefit of many questionable calls.

My personal favorites:

"Just Give It to Them"

The 2006 or 2007 game where Wilfork took out Losman's knee and which was effectively decided by a number of dubious pro-Pats* calls that were so bad TMQ wrote about them in his column that week

The 2007 Monday Mighter against the Ravens where the refs were throwing pre-emotive flags on that final drive just to make sure they scored

The Tuck Rule

The 2004 AFC CG which I had on my VCR and replayed over and over again as on successive plays in full view of a ref Pars* DB's grabbed handfuls of Marcus Pollard's jersey so violently his head snapped back

Last year's Saints win where replay showed Solder wrapping his arms fully around the DE's neck (again in full view of a ref) on the game winning play

Jerry Hughes' 15 yards for headslapping his own teammate on a key stop last year

Or even last week's game where the refs called an unnamed Giant for hands to the face on a key 3rd down stop when the replay clearly showed it was the Cheats* center with the full hands to the face (uncalled as usual)

We could go on and on. It's happened enough that anyone with a pulse and a brain can see a pattern. Doesn't seem to happen anywhere near this much for any other team I'm aware of. It's to the point as multiple threads on this board show that any time we play you guys we collectively get that same "here it comes" feeling again and again.....

First post on here in a really long time

With the game looming large on Monday night I have a really strong feeling the if the bills play a close game we are not only playing the pats but the 7 officials too. I feel that there will be at least 3 times the bills get the pats to a 3rd and long, only to see them get the 1st down because of some questionable call from the refs. When this happens the pats always seem to find the end-zone. With the game in NE there is no way this does not happen. what do you think fellow bills fans.

GO BILLS!!!

Why does the home team matter with the officiating?

IMO when referees are favoring the other team the players should use them for picks and whatever else they can do to without being penalized; yes it takes some planning but if they referees decide to not enforce rules on one side of the ball they have to be aware they are taking chances.

No one's saying that, troll, but every Bills fan can name you chapter and verse of a fairly large number of games where the Pats* have gotten the benefit of many questionable calls.

My personal favorites:

"Just Give It to Them"

The 2006 or 2007 game where Wilfork took out Losman's knee and which was effectively decided by a number of dubious pro-Pats* calls that were so bad TMQ wrote about them in his column that week

The 2007 Monday Mighter against the Ravens where the refs were throwing pre-emotive flags on that final drive just to make sure they scored

The Tuck Rule

The 2004 AFC CG which I had on my VCR and replayed over and over again as on successive plays in full view of a ref Pars* DB's grabbed handfuls of Marcus Pollard's jersey so violently his head snapped back

Last year's Saints win where replay showed Solder wrapping his arms fully around the DE's neck (again in full view of a ref) on the game winning play

Jerry Hughes' 15 yards for headslapping his own teammate on a key stop last year

Or even last week's game where the refs called an unnamed Giant for hands to the face on a key 3rd down stop when the replay clearly showed it was the Cheats* center with the full hands to the face (uncalled as usual)

We could go on and on. It's happened enough that anyone with a pulse and a brain can see a pattern. Doesn't seem to happen anywhere near this much for any other team I'm aware of. It's to the point as multiple threads on this board show that any time we play you guys we collectively get that same "here it comes" feeling again and again.....

Whining

Just like Rex crying about the headsets with no batteries. It was bad, real bad.

NE did not play the Saints last year, but do go on making BS up.

You didn't see the Giants holding last game of course.

Edited by Boo Radley Boston

Refs are influenced by fans subconciously.

You can observe this best on the long delays before throwing flag on PI. Also ball spots like last weeks go in favor of the home team.

I remember the quote made after the Forward Lateral (also infamously called the Music City Miracle)...The refs were not going to call that pass back considering the 70K+ crowd that was roaring!

Whining

Just like Rex crying about the headsets with no batteries. It was bad, real bad.

NE did not play the Saints last year, but do go on making BS up.

You didn't see the Giants holding last game of course.

It was 2013, troll--sorry. Here's the video--try to tell us that's not holding. Also sounds like (as usual in these matters involving the Cheats*) it was but one of many pro-Pats* bad calls that day (quelle surprise, as the French would say):

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2013/10/13/4835644/saints-patriots-2013-referees-holding-tom-brady-junior-galette

I also suppose you didn't see the obviously blown hands to the face call last week either.

My only question for Pats* fans is who they will root for next once either the Cheats* get exposed or Brady retires. Back to the Cowboys, Giants or Steelers, or maybe whoever's hot next? I lived in Boston in the early '90's when they had 19k season ticket holders, so yeah, there's a strong tradition of fan support there.....

Edited by MattM

It was 2013, troll--sorry. Here's the video--try to tell us that's not holding. Also sounds like (as usual in these matters involving the Cheats*) it was but one of many pro-Pats* bad calls that day (quelle surprise, as the French would say):

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2013/10/13/4835644/saints-patriots-2013-referees-holding-tom-brady-junior-galette

I also suppose you didn't see the obviously blown hands to the face call last week either.

My only question for Pats* fans is who they will root for next once either the Cheats* get exposed or Brady retires. Back to the Cowboys, Giants or Steelers, or maybe whoever's hot next? I lived in Boston in the early '90's when they had 19k season ticket holders, so yeah, there's a strong tradition of fan support there.....

It wont be the Bluffalo Bills that for damn sure.