Blown calls

Buffalos#1Fan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No but there was something weird about it Kelly. I thought the same thing at the time - sounds like a lot of fans did. Perhaps something about the way they showed it on TV gave the illusion of another clock error, I don't know. I was yelling at the TV.

No one seems to remember any other play. No one seems to be going all atwitter.

I swear that the FIRST time-out taken by NE was at 2:10. The Giants ran another play, but no time came off the clock. After the NEXT play, NE called a time-out at 2:06. That's how I remember it...

No one seems to remember any other play. No one seems to be going all atwitter.

Maybe on TV they didn't clarify that a timeout was taken?

I swear that the FIRST time-out taken by NE was at 2:10. The Giants ran another play, but no time came off the clock. After the NEXT play, NE called a time-out at 2:06. That's how I remember it...

Yes, that's what I saw too...

It was at 2:14. After the first long pass to Harris that started at 2:34 that went from the NY 42 to the NE 28.

Beckham should have pulled the ball into his body instead putting out to show off and get it blasted out of his hands. Makes the td we got last week from Karlos look very questionable.

The Karlos Williams TD vs Miami was a completely different thing. He was a runner, not a receiver. The official directly in front of the play called it a TD. So in his view the ball broke the plane before it came loose. The camera angles looked different from each other and were essentially inconclusive because of depth perception. So the call stood, it was not confirmed. In OBJ case, I believe it should have stayed a TD. There is no provision about completing the play because OBJ did not go to the ground. That would have made it no TD for sure. He did not, and he got his second foot down. The ball was not moving. Since he was in the end zone and not the open field the play should have been over immediately -TD. That the DB knocked it out afterward is meaningless. In the open field, that would have been different, as OBJ would have to " establish himself" to have control and he wouldn't have had the ball long enough to do that. It would have been incomplete, definitely not a fumble. The Lee Evans play I think was different as the ball started to move before his second foot came down. OBJ got the foot down, and the strip was almost immediately after that . The call should at least have stood, as nothing there proved otherwise. I think Mike Carey was wrong there. It was close, but it was a TD. The int was not, because he went to the ground and didn't maintain control. The elbow didn't matter, his entire butt hit the ground as well. You still need to hang on if you hit the ground.

Why on earth would the Giants call a timeout at 2:06?

And if I'm getting it right (now), an 18 yard pass play to Harris only took 4 seconds off of the clock?

Because the prior play was OOB anyway. They took the TO to discuss their goal line strategy. LOL

4 seconds does seem quick for the prior play, but I do recall it was a quick throw and he stepped OOB immediately after the catch. I remember thinking they may have gotten too close too quick.

All the plays I recall being run are accounted for in the game log.

I'm not sure. The ball was OB at the 5 anyway so the clock was stopped regardless.

How come none of you guys can remember any play?

I guess we'll just have to watch the video, but look at the ShoutBox archive at 7:29 PM.

I haven't seen the archive although I always remember what my grandpappy used to say, "When tards all agree it doesn't mean they are right, it means they are all tards."

True enough! :-)

... HEY - are you callin' me a tard?

Edited by Moose