Donahoe doesn't do windows

Simon

I keep seeing these references to how we shouldn't go with the kid because we have ot take advantage of our "window of opportunity" to win now.

Y'all should realize that TD/Modrak don't do windows and as long as they're at the helm, this team is going to be competitive nearly every year; that's how they've been in the past and that's how they'll be the in the future. And that's the assumption from which they will be making decisions for the Bills.

The Drew decision isn't a short-sighted one about 2005 and it never has been. It's about what's best for the franchise overall.

Cya

I keep seeing these references to how we shouldn't go with the kid because we have ot take advantage of our "window of opportunity" to win now.

Y'all should realize that TD/Modrak don't do windows and as long as they're at the helm, this team is going to be competitive nearly every year; that's how they've been in the past and that's how they'll be the in the future. And that's the assumption from which they will be making decisions for the Bills.

The Drew decision isn't a short-sighted one about 2005 and it never has been. It's about what's best for the franchise overall.

Cya

241151[/snapback]

Excellent.

*ding!*

Oh! There's my hot pocket, let me go get it.... :lol:

Fuggin' A bubba. The boys don't sit still for a second. They're workin' it man, and if we don't have a Super Bowl soon it isn't for lack of trying. The Bledsoe experiment hasn't proven to be a great success, but it wasn't exactly a great failure either. It takes some stones to be able to move on when releasing DB has to hit the ego a little.

It takes some stones to be able to move on when releasing DB has to hit the ego a little.

But, but, but TD is nothing but a huge ego who would rather go down with a sinking ship than admit he might have made a mistake and make an effort to correct it!. :lol:

Ow. That hurt!!

Now don't tell me that was something you were espousing also!-)

I don't think there's any doubt the guy has a huge ego, he's good and he knows it. But I don't believe for a second he'd ever allow his team to be hurt by intentionally being stubborn and refusing to admit he was mistaken.

He loves winning too much to let that happen.

Cya

I don't think there's any doubt the guy has a huge ego, he's good and he knows it. But I don't believe for a second he'd ever allow his team to be hurt by intentionally being stubborn and refusing to admit he was mistaken.

Cya

241202[/snapback]

For a while there, YES, I did believe that. I feel like he let GW continue his idiocy one year too long and kept DB around for longer than he should have just to satisfy his own ego.

But now, I can see that common sense is also in his repertoire.

I feel like he let GW continue his idiocy one year too long and kept DB around for longer than he should have just to satisfy his own ego.

Yeah I think those were mistakes, but I see them more as mistakes of patience and loyalty than I do as mistakes caused by an over-inflated ego.

As a fellow Western Pennsyltukian I almost feel as if I have some minor insight into his mindset; I don't think the guy doesn't give a rat's ass what anybody thinks about him, all he cares about is winning.

Cya

Cya

241202[/snapback]

too bad it's one year too late

With the writing on the wall about Drew's lack of production, Teflon Tom elected to "cut" Drew's pay from $6 mil to $8.75 and unnecesarily created over $4mil of dead cap money for 2005.

I think his ego got in the way last year.

too bad it's one year too late

With the writing on the wall about Drew's lack of production, Teflon Tom elected to "cut" Drew's pay from $6 mil to $8.75 and unnecesarily created over $4mil of dead cap money for 2005.

I think his ego got in the way last year.

241264[/snapback]

Or perhaps they thought that giving him a fresh chance with a new coaching staff was in order, particularly considering the putrid performance of the OL in GW's last year. But when play overall improved, but Bledsoe's didn't improve commensurate with anyone else's, they realized it was time to move on...

But, but, but TD is nothing but a huge ego who would rather go down with a sinking ship than admit he might have made a mistake and make an effort to correct it!.  :D

241188[/snapback]

You don't think the firing of Gregg Williams or releasing Bledsoe were admissions of mistakes? In my mind, those are clear admissions. Donahoe is trying. I'd rather he make mistakes trying to build a Super Bowl team than sit around and watch the team play mediocre football for years.

You don't think the firing of Gregg Williams or releasing Bledsoe were admissions of mistakes? In my mind, those are clear admissions. Donahoe is trying. I'd rather he make mistakes trying to build a Super Bowl team than sit around and watch the team play mediocre football for years.

241276[/snapback]

A sarcasm detector, that's a wonderful idea. :D

If you look at Pittsburgh, they have been pretty consistently successful from the early 90s on. Not that they have been perfect, and a lot of their success can be attributed to Cowher, but I think this is where Donahoe wants to take us. GW did set us back, but I think we are on the right track with Mike. 9-7, flirting with the playoffs to start has to mean good things.

Or perhaps they thought that giving him a fresh chance with a new coaching staff was in order, particularly considering the putrid performance of the OL in GW's last year.  But when play overall improved, but Bledsoe's didn't improve commensurate with anyone else's, they realized it was time to move on...

241268[/snapback]

Teflon Tom did not need to increase Drew's pay for that opportunity.

Drew could have played for his $6 mil salary.

Or TD could have played hardball like the Pats do and demanded that Drew take a paycut to stick around.

Of course, Drew's failure to spend the off-season making the most of this second chance should have been a clear indicator of Drew's commitment.