At this point

4merper4mer

The credit can't all go to Whaley for getting Darby. I'm sure Rex identified Darby as a perfect fit for his Defense, then advised Whaley. Sure Whaley had the final say and pulled the trigger on the pick, but I really doubt he was the one to discover Darby as "the guy" we need.

The credit can't all go to Whaley for getting Darby. I'm sure Rex identified Darby as a perfect fit for his Defense, then advised Whaley. Sure Whaley had the final say and pulled the trigger on the pick, but I really doubt he was the one to discover Darby as "the guy" we need.

You think Rex Ryan has the time to watch and scout college football games? Especially a guy that was way below the radar? Come on now. This is 100% personnel department.

Whaley and the rest of the scouting staff had been compiling reports on Darby for a year prior to the draft, as they do for most players. Now Rex, given his familiarity with the ACC through following his son's career at Clemson, probably new of Darby,but I doubt he had any opportunity for in depth analysis of him as a player until prior to the combine. A HC just doesn't have the time for scouting.

Rex certainly had input, but it was the scouts that identified Darby as a good fit for man cover schemes long before Rex agreed.

GO BILLS!!!

Whaley and the rest of the scouting staff had been compiling reports on Darby for a year prior to the draft, as they do for most players. Now Rex, given his familiarity with the ACC through following his son's career at Clemson, probably new of Darby,but I doubt he had any opportunity for in depth analysis of him as a player until prior to the combine. A HC just doesn't have the time for scouting.

Rex certainly had input, but it was the scouts that identified Darby as a good fit for man cover schemes long before Rex agreed.

GO BILLS!!!

Don't you get it yet? When the front office has a good pick the credit must be parsed out to multiple people because it's a team effort. When something goes wrong the blame must be focused entirely on the GM, even when said GM is an assistant GM he still gets all the blame as if he were the acting GM.

Makes total sense if you think about it.

I doubt it went like that at all. Scouts... Remember?

GO BILLS!!!

This.