Fitzy speaks on Buffalo!

FireChan

Fitz is a good guy. Things didn't pan out and people here were calling for his throat as much as anyone else on the team or in the organization at the time. Anyone with half a brain knew he was a better option than Geno. I root for the guy, just not against us. :thumbsup:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked Fitzy! He was a man among men..,played hurt and played with grit. He should still be a Buffalo Bill if for no other reason than he is smart and has character. For Rex to make fun of a guy like that pissed me off a bit. If he had more guys that played as hard as Fitz and the same character he may have a better record. Don't get me wrong I think Tyrod could be that same type of guy with a lot more talent....but we shall see.

Go Buffalo!!!

It is clear from Fritz's response he was having fun WITH him and if he was in Buffalo I am sure they would share some brews and some dogs; mini ones for Rex.

Fitz certainly had his draw backs, and he did have a penchant for late game turnovers, but if any QB ever deserved the benefit of excuses for not having a surrounding cast it's him. If any other team were going into the season with SJ, Donald Jones, David Nelson, & Scott Chandler as the top 4 receiving options I don't think we'd expect much.

Not to mention he played behind an OL that curiously started to suck once he left. And we had one of the worst defensive units in the league while he was here. All things equal, I thought he played well here. I'd have still wanted to look for an upgrade, but I wouldn't have cut him until we had that upgrade.

Fitz certainly had his draw backs, and he did have a penchant for late game turnovers, but if any QB ever deserved the benefit of excuses for not having a surrounding cast it's him. If any other team were going into the season with SJ, Donald Jones, David Nelson, & Scott Chandler as the top 4 receiving options I don't think we'd expect much.

Not to mention he played behind an OL that curiously started to suck once he left. And we had one of the worst defensive units in the league while he was here. All things equal, I thought he played well here. I'd have still wanted to look for an upgrade, but I wouldn't have cut him until we had that upgrade.

I think he had a good back field......sorry Fitzlovers..........he's not a QB to lead.

I think he had a good back field......sorry Fitzlovers..........he's not a QB to lead.

He was still better than any QB between TT and Bledsoe. His stats were middle-of-the-league but Bills fans knew Fitz was the WORST EVER and had to be cut immediately. Even if it meant a rookie QB who was worse, Fitz had to go! Even though 2013 was the worst QB class ever, we had to draft someone because ANYONE WAS BETTER THAN FITZ, right?

ej-manuel-fumble.gif?w=500&h=296

Well there ya' go.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

He was still better than any QB between TT and Bledsoe. His stats were middle-of-the-league but Bills fans knew Fitz was the WORST EVER and had to be cut immediately. Even if it meant a rookie QB who was worse, Fitz had to go! Even though 2013 was the worst QB class ever, we had to draft someone because ANYONE WAS BETTER THAN FITZ, right?

ej-manuel-fumble.gif?w=500&h=296

Well there ya' go.

God that gif gives me nightmares.

It's a bad play but one that could have happened to any QB easily. The pick six was the real bad one, staring down the receiver, and even then, if Clay doesn't fall down I think Smith covers him and may not get there in time to intercept.

It just reminds me of the 2 minute sequence of 3 turnovers. It was the first time I half-thought a Bills players was trying to throw the game.

Well there ya' go.

No.

We had to draft someone because Fitz wasn't, isn't, and most likely will never be a franchise QB, and that's what it takes to win in the NFL.

No.

We had to draft someone because Fitz wasn't, isn't, and most likely will never be a franchise QB, and that's what it takes to win in the NFL

Do you jump off buildings before the safety net arrives? There is something to be said for timing.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

No.

We had to draft someone because Fitz wasn't, isn't, and most likely will never be a franchise QB, and that's what it takes to win in the NFL.

This. The Bills weren't looking to stay at 7-9 or 8-8 with a QB only good enough for that. They blundered by drafting a QB high in the wrong year, but sticking with Fitz meant losing years and years to continued mediocrity, instead of developing the guy they actually need.

I'd love Fitz back on the team. I think having him as the #2 behind Taylor gets us a win vs the Jags which could be the difference in making the playoffs or not. Taylor looks great but he keeps a lot of drives alive by running, and that's why he missed two games this year. We need a competent-or-better backup. EJ is not that guy.

This. The Bills weren't looking to stay at 7-9 or 8-8 with a QB only good enough for that. They blundered by drafting a QB high in the wrong year, but sticking with Fitz meant losing years and years to continued mediocrity, instead of developing the guy they actually need.

I'd love Fitz back on the team. I think having him as the #2 behind Taylor gets us a win vs the Jags which could be the difference in making the playoffs or not. Taylor looks great but he keeps a lot of drives alive by running, and that's why he missed two games this year. We need a competent-or-better backup. EJ is not that guy.

I'm looking for the same kind of game Fitz had against the Eagles earlier this season. He was putrid!

You could keep Fitz and develop a guy.

He had good RBs. wow. What's your point?

No.

I'll never understand this argument. A bird in the hand...

Why drop your decent journeyman vet when all you've got are raw projects? Makes no sense.

Edited by Rob's House

I'll never understand this argument. A bird in the hand...

Why drop your decent journeyman vet when all you've got are raw projects? Makes no sense.

I didn't say that they had to drop Fitz; I said that they needed to draft a QB because Fitz was never going to be a franchise guy.