time to cut EJ. Bring in Tebow as a backup

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many playoff games has EJ won. I will take Tebow he won a NFL playoff game with a 80 yard TD pass

He has been rail roaded ever since. I take Tebow any day of the week also Vince Young also.

You mean the 65 yard run after the catch and stiff arm? Watch that replay closely, Tebow throws it behind D. Thomas. But yeah...

TJ Yates won a playoff game too.

QB Depth Chart- Vince Young

TJ Yates

Tim Tebow

Who needs Tyrod Taylor?

Now that you mention it ... TJ Yates is available! Seriously, right now, beginning of the bye fortnight (a little Britishism seems to be in order) is when teams traditionally reassess their QB situations. Is Yates worse than EJ? No. Is he better? Probably not. Is he worth a flyer? Why the hell not?

Soooooooo. We are gonna just neglect the fact that DT made that play with his legs? He broke tackles and out ran steelers

Well, he did hit DT in stride. Ask Robert Woods how many times EJ has done that. And the reason DT broke it for a touchdown is that Pittsburgh had 9 men in the box to stop the Tebow option run game. Look, I'm no Tebow lover, but he didn't throw INTs and he didn't fall sideways on QB sneaks like EJ just did.

To be fair, EJ has more talent than Tebow by a mile.

Yes he does. So did Heath Shuler. I'm very much an analytics fan (I don't even make fun of the Bills guy in the khaki pants) so I can't believe I'm saying this, but .... The biggest difference is Tebow has been a winner. The moment never seems to big for him. EJ is the anti-Tebow. Give him a second to think about that wide open pass to the flat and he misses it badly. EJ has the QB version of Steve Blass Disease.

Now that you mention it ... TJ Yates is available! Seriously, right now, beginning of the bye fortnight (a little Britishism seems to be in order) is when teams traditionally reassess their QB situations. Is Yates worse than EJ? No. Is he better? Probably not. Is he worth a flyer? Why the hell not?

Well, he did hit DT in stride. Ask Robert Woods how many times EJ has done that. And the reason DT broke it for a touchdown is that Pittsburgh had 9 men in the box to stop the Tebow option run game. Look, I'm no Tebow lover, but he didn't throw INTs and he didn't fall sideways on QB sneaks like EJ just did.

Yes he does. So did Heath Shuler. I'm very much an analytics fan (I don't even make fun of the Bills guy in the khaki pants) so I can't believe I'm saying this, but .... The biggest difference is Tebow has been a winner. The moment never seems to big for him. EJ is the anti-Tebow. Give him a second to think about that wide open pass to the flat and he misses it badly. EJ has the QB version of Steve Blass Disease.

This ain't the SEC. He's nothing in the NFL.

This ain't the SEC. He's nothing in the NFL.

Tebow is 8-6 as a starter. EJ is now 6-10. In the NFL. Not the SEC or the ACC for that matter (where, by the way, EJ pretty much sucked). The point isn't that Tebow or even Thad Lewis would be great. The point is that he seems like a better stopgap injury sub than the incumbent.

Tebow is 8-6 as a starter. EJ is now 6-10. In the NFL. Not the SEC or the ACC for that matter (where, by the way, EJ pretty much sucked). The point isn't that Tebow or even Thad Lewis would be great. The point is that he seems like a better stopgap injury sub than the incumbent.

Teams have win-loss records, not QBs. Tebow, better than EJ as a backup? Nope. Cut from NYJ, NE, and PHI. He's done!

And a fun exercise: EJ and Tebow have both started just about the same number of games. Add up their yards from scrimmage and you'll get .... Almost exactly the same number (that's because Tebow could run a bit). Tebow also fumbled a lot (bad) but the offense recovers a lot of fumbles whereas by definition the defense gets all the interceptions. I think people are afraid to admit the obvious: they may both be replacement level QBs, just like Ponder or Yates or Tarvaris Jackson (or, heaven forbid, Tyrod). We're in QB Purgatory folks! Our own GM said so. So why disparage a little outside the box thinking?