NFL.com: The State of the Bills - Is Ryan's Plan Working?

clearly it's not working. he promised us the #1 rated defense and the playoffs. we have like the 10th best defense and we are a .500 team. hopefully they can go on a bit of a winning streak here and turn things around

A winning streak may be hard, considering Ryans patented W-L-W-L pattern.

clearly it's not working. he promised us the #1 rated defense and the playoffs. we have like the 10th best defense and we are a .500 team. hopefully they can go on a bit of a winning streak here and turn things around

To think we're only ranked 10th having played a third of our games against the first and second ranked offenses. THE HORROR!

To think we're only ranked 10th having played a third of our games against the first and second ranked offenses. THE HORROR!

Seems like we didn't need this excuse last year when the defense had strong showings against Denver, Green Bay and New England at the end of the season...

The coaches know something is wrong, the players know something is wrong, the alumni know something is wrong, the analysts know something is wrong, the fans know something is wrong ... yet someone still wants to defend the performance of this defense season-to-date. Wow.

That's just Rex. He runs his mouth and says what the fans want to hear. Paints his pickup and so on. Did the same things with the Jets. That's all part of the Rex Ryan package.

Seems like we didn't need this excuse last year when the defense had strong showings against Denver, Green Bay and New England at the end of the season...

The coaches know something is wrong, the players know something is wrong, the alumni know something is wrong, the analysts know something is wrong, the fans know something is wrong ... yet someone still wants to defend the performance of this defense season-to-date. Wow.

I am generally an optimist with regards to the Bills.

The D is a mess. Hopefully Ryan has enough humility and intelligence to let the front 4 rush the qb.

More of what Schwartz did last year. If you have superior talent, let the talent play.

Excessive use of exotic coverages and disguises are for when you need surprise to make up for lack of talent.

I am generally an optimist with regards to the Bills.

The D is a mess. Hopefully Ryan has enough humility and intelligence to let the front 4 rush the qb.

More of what Schwartz did last year. If you have superior talent, let the talent play.

Excessive use of exotic coverages and disguises are for when you need surprise to make up for lack of talent.

I'm with Dr. Who.

Our offensive linemen are good at rushing QBs. They're not as good dropping back into coverage. They're also not as effective when they're thinking before acting because every week the assignments are different. .

I get that sometimes you want to surprise and confuse your opponent. But when your front 4 (yes, I said 4 intentionally) can usually outplay the opponent's OL, let them go at it. Rex can be creative with the back 7 if he wants. He should let the front 4 just do what they did last year.

oh, so like what if it was L-L-L-L-L ?

Dude, the stat was record in games coming off a win. And it was meant to show how lousy he's been. If they dropped five in a row coming off a win in 2012, consistent with the stat was meant to convey, it would have been included. I'm sorry this is hard for you to understand.

Edited by The Big Cat

Dude, the stat was record in games coming off a win. And it was meant to show how lousy he's been. If they dropped five in a row coming off a win in 2012, consistent with the stat was meant to convey, it would have been included. I'm sorry this is hard for you to understand.

Maybe go through this again and see if you can find where I didn't understand what could be one of the simplest stats to comprehend. Is it possible that I made a harmless joke about the jets' declining record from 2012 onward? Lighten up.

Doesn't sound like it in his pressers. He continues to make excuses, he agreed with his players to an extent but I'm skeptical that things drastically change. Rex's ego is too big.

He has said that he'll not repeat the same mistakes he made as HC of the Jets. Here's a premium chance to prove he's true to his word and keep some of his most important players engaged and in his camp.