EJ versus Tyrod

Will Tyrod get a pass this week when we suck out against the Jags...? People will say he had no talent to work with....others will say bring back EJ....Bengals D is a top 5 this year...EJ played second half with woods, moore, hogan, clay and shady.... Tyrod will have the same group this week against a terrible defense...I think its scary for tyrod not to perform with that group on a higher level or its opens the questions to who is the starter especailly against a weak D like the Jags... EJ had 4 practices with the #1's I think he did what we was suppose to do...keep them close and have the D give him chances to win, unfortunately they didnt.

Perfect assessment. Cant be said better. Besides you have to also realize that EJ was still sharing reps with tyrod. So he was NOT the main guy under center in preparation for the bengals

Very different game with different style defenses. Also, it was a low scoring game with the Titans with a lot more conservative calls. EJ did have that bad grounding penalty that pushed the Bills back to punt inside their five too.

With that said, there is no doubt that Tyrod and the offense did not play well against Tennessee. If Tyrod were out there against Cincinnati, it would have been a similar result no doubt.

People don't want to recognize this, but the QB position is not the biggest problem on this team for once and it's not holding them back. The defense, special teams and coaching hasn't been good enough in the three losses and that's it.

You are correct. QB is not the issue. Had EJ had his old style game. 170 1 td 60% with the true 1s. Please. I would have packed his bags myself. He opened well. Against the best defense we played thus far. On a short prep week. With Hogan as his marquee receiver. He used Woods VERY WELL and dont forget the 20 yarder at the end of the game they converted that was negated by none other than a penalty. He used Clay well used woods better than Tyrod and looked at Sammy pretty often. Missed him on a 3rd down left sideline wide open BUT he didnt lose the game. He McCoy and co came out and tried to fall the giant. You win some and tou lose some... He did NOT lose this one. Penalties and defense did

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want EJM to start against the Jags. It is the perfect chance to let Tyrod get healthy.

Of course, what I expect to happen is for Tyrod to take most of the 1st team reps, rush back, reinjure his leg during the Jags game, and be replaced by an EJM that hasn't been prepared.

You dont know how the game would have unfolded if EJM started.

Shoot we almost don't win that game with Tyrod.

We all know these are trained professionals. EJ has the ability to hit a pumpkin on a fence post at 50 yds. Are you seriously telling me EJ's throw was not intentionally low and away in effort to injure Sammy?? I can understand why EJ was upset (with Sammy's comments earlier in the week), but to purposefully cause Sammy to roll an ankle and miss games is not sportmanlike. Reckless throwing on his part.

Sarcasm? Kind of ironic because how you started this post stating an inaccurate qb can hit a pumpkin on a fence... how big a pimpkin we talkin?

I never had a feeling in yesterday's game that we might come back and win it.....none

I have never had a doubt that we might come back and win it with Tyrod

Im sorry I know that doesnt match up with the stats......its just a gut feeling

I agree. Ball placement on easy throws was appalling. I was really impressed with EJ in the pre-season, and was really shocked with the media's depiction of him, but a couple more games like this . . .

yeah EJ injured percy, shady, Williams.....with arguments like that is why I hate fans like YOU.....watch the other games around league EVERY qb makes throws like that .....and then everyone praises them for throwing it only where the receiver could catch it....do us all a favor and root for another them....

I thought he was being sarcastic

The OP forgot to mention that EJ actually caused Sammy Watkins to injure his ankle yesterday with that horrible, horrible TD throw. How convenient that he left that little morsel out. EJ injures his own teammates.

Very true. Mentioned this Sunday. Most everyone wants to blame Watkins but he had to quickly shift weight from one ankle to the other because the throw was terrible. This is how you sprain or pull things, i.e. quick unexpected movements and shifts of weight; happens with hamstrings all the time. Aside from that throw, Taylor is so much better than EJ and has such a better feel for the game. EJ had no business being a first round pick. It was pure desperation and wishful thinking.

Very true. Mentioned this Sunday. Most everyone wants to blame Watkins but he had to quickly shift weight from one ankle to the other because the throw was terrible. This is how you sprain or pull things, i.e. quick unexpected movements and shifts of weight; happens with hamstrings all the time. Aside from that throw, Taylor is so much better than EJ and has such a better feel for the game. EJ had no business being a first round pick. It was pure desperation and wishful thinking.

So you are "one of us"? Welcome my brother. We are going to have a Bake Sale this Sunday to help support "Wide Receivers Who Suffer Injuries from Sudden Movements Caused by Horrible Throws" (WRWSISMCHT). Look for our flyers all over town.

I'm still trying to figure out why we're even arguing about who the starting QB should be for this team... I actually watched the game, several times... I'm not quite sure why I'm such a masochist these days when it comes to the Bills, but that's beside the point. EJ is not the reason we lost by a long shot. However, I also don't believe he will be the reason we win a game either. Can he make plays? Yes. Is he athletic? Yes Is he a leader? My opinion, not so much. The latter being arguably one of the most important jobs a QB performs out on the field every game, Taylor appears to have the clear advantage here. There is a calming confidence that he brings to the team, even when they're stinking it up with dumbass penalties every 3rd play from scrimmage. It doesn't stop there either... Defenses have to game plan against Taylor for both his ability to hit the long ball, as well as being one of the most dangerous threats with his legs in the NFL currently. I know he's often compared to Mike Vick, I've even done it myself, but his center of gravity and compact build almost make me think of Barry Sanders when he tucks it and runs. He seems to be able to sense the hits coming and either move enough to break the tackle completely, or just enough to avoid taking any serious punishment. The awkward tackle in the Titans game where he injured his knee was just that, awkward.

EJ is what every team would like to have as a backup QB. He's a great team player, humble, hard working and he can bring some constancy and play-making ability to the position when called upon. That being said, Taylor is much more multi-faceted, has the experience of sitting behind a very good QB for four years, and at times, has shown true signs (for the first time in 15+ years), of possibly being the answer at a position that has been a wreck since Jim Kelly retired.

Edited by Meatplow

Aren't you a member of the "EJ injured Sammy" club yet? I thought we had more members. I know there's a few like minded groupies out there. EJ may also be linked to the assassination of JFK, the stock market crash and ebola.

funny stuff.

Sammy was running rogue? It looked as if he was scrambling to get open, tried to plant and twisted his ankle.

I have to give credit to those people who blame the backup QB for everything wrong in that game.