What I see the Pats do differently

GoBills!

Maybe, maybe not. I'm of the opinion that if you hire a coach you give him 3 years. Otherwise you're just getting yourself into a cycle of never having any continuity. You see the effects of this with the Bills the last 15 years. Everybody wants to easy fix and if it doesn't come with one guy, bring in another! It's a tiresome cycle that many here are wanting to repeat right now. After 6 games (and a .500 record) you already have people wanting to fire the HC.

when a new coach comes in and turns a top tier defense into a dumpster fire because of a new junk scheme, then its time to make a change. If the new coach can't change then its time to search for another coach.

I know the patriots are hated and cheaters but after following them closely this year. Offensively they are smart......With 2 mins left on the clock in the first half Brady lead them down the field to get points before halftime. They drive like its the final mins of the game, getting out of bounds are much as possible while using the middle when open. But with under 50 seconds to go Brady throw a pass to the corner of the endzone only his WR would ever be able to get, of-course he gets a flag as its the endzone heavily watched and the pass sails out of bounds. They only end up getting 3 points but you can see when they take the timeouts they planning. They are smart with the ball and put the D in positions to commit fouls or mistakes to their advantage. We dont seem to use there times to be smart and gain yards or test the D with a non-catchable ball that may draw a flag to move them down the field.

Basically watching them more the ball with a game plan and throws that 30% or more of the time will draw flags they achieve success. also when the DB's are pushed back taking advantage of a simple 4 yard toss they are able to control the clock and work the field.

We need to play smarter and with that we will be better....

they also have much better coaches and players than we do. And they cheat.

when a new coach comes in and turns a top tier defense into a dumpster fire because of a new junk scheme, then its time to make a change. If the new coach can't change then its time to search for another coach.

Rinse, repeat.

The Patriots have the best intelligence behind the coaches in the league.

You see the coaches on the sidelines but there are men and women behind them fueling all of the scouting, stats, tendencies, etc not only before the game, but during it. It is very rare to see the Patriots not make adjustments. Last night, didn't the second half feel completely different from the first?

The Patriots have always had quite a bit of turnover. They're actually known for that.

Except the two positions that matter most. QB and Coach.

On top of it within those coaching reigns those coaches were firing OCs and DCs on a pretty consistent basis. The lack of continuity was/is ridiculous. Have the Bills O or D gotten to play in the same system for 3 or more years in the past 16 seasons? The only one I can think of is Gaily's offense.

Schwartz was great last year, but it would have been nice to have Pettine going on his third year commanding this D, either os DC or HC...

Vic Carucci's view:

With mid-season fast approaching, time is running out. Ryan acknowledged the urgency when he said, “We’ve got to take a long, hard look at what we’re asking our guys to do.”

They’d better, because it isn’t working.

“I’m used to knowing what my guy’s doing beside me in a passing situation and things like that,” Mario Williams said. “And being able to cause havoc from different angles as far as getting after the quarterback or setting up the tackle or the tight end or whoever’s blocking you.”

The company line from the defensive line: Whatever’s called is called. Translation: It’s on the coaches; we’re just doing what we’re told."